DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Diy Ls1????

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 87_TA
Just one case where this is a pain in the a$$, ASM had a batch of bad balancers go out - well actually hundreds...
Alot of LS1s were starting to miss and showing random miss fire codes... after searching every mechanical issue you would think would cause the problem..
Guess what it was, bad after market balancers throwing off crank sensor..... don't ask me how, but it did. When we finally traced the problem, we called ASM and they said "if you had called us first we would have told you that was it"Grrrrrr
Who would ever think your balancer would cause that, Especially not imediate after install. weird.
The crankshaft sensor on ls1's can sense crakshaft deflection (to detect misfires). The bad balancer caused deflection. Sensor is too "dumb" to sense the difference..

I have an idea that might allow a 730 to work on an ls1. Need to test out my DIS idea first. If it works, the it can be applied to any engine..
Old 02-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Originally posted by 11sORbust
The crankshaft sensor on ls1's can sense crakshaft deflection (to detect misfires). The bad balancer caused deflection. Sensor is too "dumb" to sense the difference..

I have an idea that might allow a 730 to work on an ls1. Need to test out my DIS idea first. If it works, the it can be applied to any engine..
Are you sure of that claim?. ie measuring deflection.
It can detect very small differences in DRPs, and thus detect an out of balance state/ misfire, from what I've been lead to believe.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:42 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love this book!!

Originally posted by Grumpy
Are you sure of that claim?. ie measuring deflection.
It can detect very small differences in DRPs, and thus detect an out of balance state/ misfire, from what I've been lead to believe.