DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

$8D BPW problems at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
$8D BPW problems at WOT

I am posting this simply because the topic was closed before I could answer to Bruce's allegations. Contrary to what Bruce the almighty said ...

1) I have never asked Bruce to run any bins for me on his bench. That is an outright lie. Never - ever - ever. He has never helped me in this regard.
2) I never ignored Bruce about building benches. That is an outright lie. I've always 100% supported it. Do a search. It will support what I just said.
3) There's nothing wrong with S_AUJP. That is an outright lie. I seriously resent you calling it a 'failure'. Why are you spreading negative propaganda about something that has helped this community out tremendously? Just because you didn't get involved is no reason to get mad and jealous. Classic Bruce the almighty at work.
4) I've done nothing to help the $8D PW problem?! WHAT?! Oh my gosh. That is an outright lie! Do a search.

I tire of Bruce the almighty and his allegations, his closed mindedness, his outright lies, and his l337-ness. Why are you misleading this community and telling them lies!? That's so wrong Bruce. So freaking wrong. It's old. That's one of the reasons I banned you to begin with. You talk in ways nobody understands, you lie, and you aren't even close to as helpful and your propaganda makes it seem.

The scary thing is that I know a LOT of people in the PROM programming community who feel exactly the way that I just mentioned. We're talking a lot. It even gets more scary because some of these people you know! However, they would never say anything publicly. How could they? You would immediately start yelling at them. Look at poor JPrevost. He has supported you on multiple occassions and then you come out and bash him. Dude - he was just supporting you and then you just bashed him. Wow. I have no qualms about expressing the truth. Open your eyes Bruce. I plead for you to throw away your ugly, negative, and unethical ways. They only hurt the community. The fact that my feelings have been confirmed by a lot of other programmers in the community shows that what I am thinking and feeling is totally founded. The only thing that keeps you going is your mouth and the propaganda that it spreads because you lie to the community and those that don't know any better automatically believe you because you're old skool here. So wrong. I again plead for you to open your mind and your heart. Be positive and moral. 'Tis the Season eh?

In the end, I believe that you're just mad because I beat you to the punch on creating an article on how to program PROMs. You always have been. I never stole your thunder .... you just wanted to keep it a black art and I wanted to open it up to more than just Q&A on the EFI list. For those that don't know - there never use to be anything that explained how to reprogram your computer. You had to subscribe to the gmecm mailing list and lurk there for a long time. If you asked a question then they told you to search the archives. If you asked about the archives then somebody said something about an FTP site. If you found the FTP site then you might actually find the archive files. Then if you found the archive files ... well ... forget it. You'd spend a year trying to figure things out. So, I wrote an article so that it wasn't a 'secret' anymore. No longer could Bruce and friends keep it quiet. Wanna guess how many people my article has helped compared to your Programming 101? A lot more.

People wanted to know how to program PROMs. I wrote an article.
People wanted a better bin to start with. I made one.
People wanted to tune WOT better. I wrote AFRTuner.
People wanted a public place to discuss PROM programming. I petitioned Dirk to make the PROM forum PUBLIC instead of Private.
People wanted to know how to tune fueling in the $8D. I wrote my P730 article.
People didn't understand how BPW was calculated. I wrote my BPW article.
I moderated this board for years.

I could go on and on and on. And you have the nerve to say that I haven't done anything. Gimme a break.

Tim

Last edited by TRAXION; 12-24-2004 at 09:47 AM.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 90 IROC
Engine: 406
Transmission: GMPP 93/4L60
Axle/Gears: 9 bolt 3.27
Man I sure hate to see you guys fighting like this. I have learned a lot from you both and hope you can work things out.
Old 12-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: $8D BPW problems at WOT

Originally posted by TRAXION
I am posting this simply because the topic was closed before I could answer to Bruce's allegations. Contrary to what Bruce the almighty said ...

1) I have never asked Bruce to run any bins for me on his bench. That is an outright lie. Never - ever - ever. He has never helped me in this regard.
2) I never ignored Bruce about building benches. That is an outright lie. I've always 100% supported it. Do a search. It will support what I just said.
3) There's nothing wrong with S_AUJP. That is an outright lie. I seriously resent you calling it a 'failure'. Why are you spreading negative propaganda about something that has helped this community out tremendously? Just because you didn't get involved is no reason to get mad and jealous. Classic Bruce the almighty at work.
4) I've done nothing to help the $8D PW problem?! WHAT?! Oh my gosh. That is an outright lie! Do a search.

I tire of Bruce the almighty and his allegations, his closed mindedness, his outright lies, and his l337-ness. Why are you misleading this community and telling them lies!? That's so wrong Bruce. So freaking wrong. It's old. That's one of the reasons I banned you to begin with. You talk in ways nobody understands, you lie, and you aren't even close to as helpful and your propaganda makes it seem.

The scary thing is that I know a LOT of people in the PROM programming community who feel exactly the way that I just mentioned. We're talking a lot. It even gets more scary because some of these people you know! However, they would never say anything publicly. How could they? You would immediately start yelling at them. Look at poor JPrevost. He has supported you on multiple occassions and then you come out and bash him. Dude - he was just supporting you and then you just bashed him. Wow. I have no qualms about expressing the truth. Open your eyes Bruce. I plead for you to throw away your ugly, negative, and unethical ways. They only hurt the community. The fact that my feelings have been confirmed by a lot of other programmers in the community shows that what I am thinking and feeling is totally founded. The only thing that keeps you going is your mouth and the propaganda that it spreads because you lie to the community and those that don't know any better automatically believe you because you're old skool here. So wrong. I again plead for you to open your mind and your heart. Be positive and moral. 'Tis the Season eh?

In the end, I believe that you're just mad because I beat you to the punch on creating an article on how to program PROMs. You always have been. I never stole your thunder .... you just wanted to keep it a black art and I wanted to open it up to more than just Q&A on the EFI list. For those that don't know - there never use to be anything that explained how to reprogram your computer. You had to subscribe to the gmecm mailing list and lurk there for a long time. If you asked a question then they told you to search the archives. If you asked about the archives then somebody said something about an FTP site. If you found the FTP site then you might actually find the archive files. Then if you found the archive files ... well ... forget it. You'd spend a year trying to figure things out. So, I wrote an article so that it wasn't a 'secret' anymore. No longer could Bruce and friends keep it quiet. Wanna guess how many people my article has helped compared to your Programming 101? A lot more.

Tim
Yawn, more creative writting.
Open my heart?, for what ingrates like you?. Give it a break.

You really have an imagination, that much I'll give you.
The truth's out there for those that want to research things.
Old 12-24-2004, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
I've been on both sides of this fence and have no issues with either individual involved. Tim and Bruce have both helped me out from the days of me asking "What do I need to (fill in the blank)?" to the current in playing with my Formula the GTA or my TTA.

I've never had ill will towards Bruce or Tim either. I even hate having to right stuff like this and it was a bone of contention for me becoming a mod on the PROM board(and others).
I'm never always right, Tim is never always right and Bruce isnt always right either. We all have one thing in common and that is that none of us is perfect :-)
Some people get angry at the fact of the "black art" or the "old schoolers" or even "secret breakthrouhgs" clutched by a band of evil old timers. I will even admit a lot of this stuff exists and I am even in possesion of some of it for my cars to be used as testing equipment.
The reason they have it or that I am allowed to use it, is a simple fact of trust. A lot of the things people take for granted now like wideband 02's and tuning editors, not forgetting to mention flash burn equipped ecm's were all originally concieved by some of these same people and "arcane" groups.
Everything that I mentioned above was stolen and exploited by people for money , when it was concieved and executed by one individual or a group. People oin this board even designed some fo the above mentioned items. Thats where the so-called conspiracies and mysterious secrets come from. Wouldnt you do the same thing if your work was stolen from you to profit on? This does tend to make some people rather irritated at times.

Final note: To all whom concerned, we all have ego's and thru the laws of physics u can only put so many in one place at a time before bumping heads occurs :-) Its impossible not to, so be still thy tongues and smile , its Christmas.

thanks and this is locked
Jeremy