DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

I am working on a Intro To Prom Burning Revision. Need Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Formula WS6 (Black, T-Tops)
Engine: 383 MiniRam (529 HP, 519 TQ - DD2K)
Transmission: Built '97 T56, Pro 5.0, CF-DF
Axle/Gears: 4.11 posi Ford 9"
Old 09-15-2004, 04:07 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: NCC-1701-D (docked in AZ)
Engine: impulse drive
Transmission: fusion reactors
Axle/Gears: Rescued from the Borg by my crew
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MTPFI-MAF
[B]ok Tim here is What I think the INTRO should contain.

In This Order

-A Explnation why You Should Burn your own chips and Not buy a Aftermarket Chip. (CaptPicardsZ28) has a Nice Post that should be used

I can edit my post and check for spelling and grammar etc. if you like. Let me know if I should take anything out or add something. I'll be glad to help make it presentable.
Old 09-16-2004, 05:34 AM

I am glad to see that these intro articles are going to be written (again). I have been poking around with some programming with tunercat (I am a total newbie). I understand a few of the tables, which values to adjust, but I am still a little nervous about adjusting items without being totally sure what I am doing or what to expect is something is not right. I am looking forward to these articles. THEY ARE GOING TO BE MY NEW TUNING BIBLE!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:20 PM

Add me to the list of volunteers of newbies to be used as a guinea pig. I'm totally confused about whats what. So far I've not been able to get my PCM to connect to my laptop, therefore step by step instructions would really be helpful. I'm working on a 95 Chevy Truck with TBI.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
Originally posted by MTPFI-MAF
ok Tim here is What I think the INTRO should contain.

In This Order

-A Explnation why You Should Burn your own chips and Not buy a Aftermarket Chip. (CaptPicardsZ28) has a Nice Post that should be used
-How to tell what ECM and Mask You Have
-Explantion Of what is a Mask, Bin, ECU, Data Streame Definitions With links to Them.
-Explantion of Why you Need to Scan With Step by Step Walk Through To scanning (With Screen Shots) and software Recomemdations
-Diagrams on how to build a Cable. Links to ALDL Cable Sellers
-Hardware Selection, Programmers or Emulators. Chip Adapters, ECT.

Like Tim suggested Lets Concentrate on a informative Easy to understand INTRO, I also would like to say that some of the problem I had when learning this is too many software choices, I think it should be narrowed to: TunerPro RT, CATS tuner cat for Bin moddifying and TunerPro RT and Moates ECM852 for scanning.
I agree with the first section. I don't know if I agree with the following ones in the order that you have them. Let me give a quick explanation and a short history ...

The existing article was written in a manner to keep it as short as possible (believe it or not). The basic question that people want answered (newbies please jump in here and let me know if this is still true!) is "How hard is this?". We need to answer that question before jumping into all the rest of that stuff. That's why my article basically begins with "What you need?". I broke down the article into Specific sections. The existing sections are ...

1) Disclaimer
2) What you need...
3) How you do it...
4) How difficult is it?
5) Important information for beginners
6) Modifying the BIN
7) Scan Tools and Wide Band Oxygen Sensors
8) Newbie Questions
9)Detailed related stuff: How EPROMs work, EPROM Reference for TPI and TBI Thirdgen F-bodies

First and foremost lets decide if this arrangement is appropriate and what needs to be added. I totally agree with adding your first section "A Explanation why You Should Burn your own chips and Not buy a Aftermarket Chip". Awesome. But, I wouldn't jump into masks and such right away because it is just going to be confusing to a newbie. The end question is ... WHAT do we put after that?

Tim
Old 09-16-2004, 03:12 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: Yes
Engine: Many
Transmission: Quite a few
I think the existing sections 1-4 are good, to start with, along with the first part from MTPFI-MAF(CaptPicardsZ28).

When you get to section 5, thats when I think you want to start blending together all of the ecm and mask details, because, at that point, you're like, OK, I know why I want to do this and it seems reasonable, now how do I start with MY car?

so for example, in section 5, point out the different styles of control(MAF/MAP), and how to find out what your car has(ECM, components). introduce the concept of code mask and the BIN.

basically, start out with some general stuff, then dig down to give a little more detail. not all though, thats what the part 2's will be about.....

if you guys need help, give me a shout..... MTPFI-MAF has a prelim copy of maf tune type doc I started. Not that I know alot, but I'm familiar with documentation(yuck, worst part of engineering)
Old 09-16-2004, 05:43 PM

Received 220 Likes on 206 Posts
Car: check
Engine: check
Transmission: check
Originally posted by TRAXION
. . . The existing sections are ...

1) Disclaimer
2) What you need...
3) How you do it...
4) How difficult is it?
5) Important information for beginners
6) Modifying the BIN
7) Scan Tools and Wide Band Oxygen Sensors
8) Newbie Questions
9)Detailed related stuff: How EPROMs work, EPROM Reference for TPI and TBI Thirdgen F-bodies
. . .
Tim
1A) Copyright statement.

RBob.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:37 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: GTA -89
Engine: Blown 415"
Transmission: 4L80E
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt
This is a great "mission".

Let me know if there is anything I can do to contribute!

More and more people in sweden are getting interested in burning....

/N.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:51 AM
TGO Supporter

Speaking for myself, with age I get a little more thick headed. I need to know basic stuff first before even trying to understand masks, bins etc...Here's a few things I would look for to help me out. Keeping it to the K.I.S.S. rule works wonders for me. I would need to know what chip burning is and why I should do it myself. Then I would want to know how difficult it is, what I would need (tools) and why and what is the function of the tools I need. I know absolutely nothing and I am getting my autoprom tomorrow. After all the above I would need explanations of masks, bins, how to read programs etc. What happens when I change something in the file, thats all I can think of for now. It's late and I'm tired...
Old 09-17-2004, 05:11 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 87 T/A
Engine: 441 SBC 12.5:1 0.680" Lift
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 4.10 TruTrac Moser 9"
Neverming the earlier content of my postings. Tim and the other guys are taking the lead roles here.

Last edited by Craig Moates; 09-17-2004 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:59 AM

This may be asking a lot, but would it be possible to include screen captures and examples while decsribing bin modifications and scanning procedures. I usually read things over quite a few times to make sure I fully understand what is being described. I always find it easier to grasp a concept when there are pictures and illustrations included.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:24 AM

Car: 1982 CAMARO;
Engine: 1985 LB9;
Transmission: T-5/
Originally posted by northern-tpi
This may be asking a lot, but would it be possible to include screen captures and examples while decsribing bin modifications and scanning procedures. I usually read things over quite a few times to make sure I fully understand what is being described. I always find it easier to grasp a concept when there are pictures and illustrations included.
I intend on getting Screen Shots on different Basic things, I had mentioned this in a previous post in this thread, I agree it would make it eaiser to follow. for the first timer.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:51 AM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Craig Moates
OK, ready to kick this thing off?

What are the logistics? Here's what I'd propose in terms of path forward:

1) Selection of volunteer base by MTPFI-MAF for offline development (5+ people is OK).
2) First rough draft from MTPFI-MAF created and distributed to the volunteer base for revisionary and commentary input.
3) Return commentary given by each person, with cc distribution to everyone on the project. Give this a couple of days for everything to come in and have second thoughts about stuff.
4) Digestion of all input to a single document (should take a couple days as well.
5) Clean-up and editorial of final document (I can do this), followed by recirculation for second round of commentary.
6) Digestion of second round of commentary.
7) Public issue of first revision, with invitation for commentary.
8) Give it a week or two, and then assimilate the final feedback from public forum to make it one tidy document which has passed peer review.

Sound like a plan?

So, MTPFI, if you could just go ahead and send me what you have as the starting point, I'll post it to the internet and gather up names for distribution.

Everyone that wants to be involved in the article development, send me your email address offline to craig@moates.net with the subject heading "Article Development Volunteer" and I'll get you in the loop. If you have any content you'd like to have included or referenced, send that along as well. I'll make sure it is accessible by the other folks.

Not trying to steal the thread here, just trying to get things going in a certain direction. If someone else wants to take the logistics lead, that's fine too.

-Craig
Craig,

No offense - but the article is already going in a certain direction. I'm a little surprised by your post given the content before your post. MPTFI and I are already working on it. Talk about a hijack.

Tim
Old 09-17-2004, 07:10 AM
Supreme Member

Cool beans. I reread some stuff there, looks like you've got it. Sorry!
Old 09-19-2004, 08:42 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 86 Monte SS (730,$8D,G3,AP,4K,S_V4)
Engine: 406 Hyd Roller 236/242
Transmission: 700R4 HomeBrew, 2.4K stall
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Posi, 7.5 Soon to break
I have another item that should be included in the noob section,
KEEP YOUR FUEL PRESSURE AT THE STOCK SETTING for the injectors you have!
I fouled my plugs (again) when I was messing around and ended up in limp mode. It only took a few seconds to realize it happened again. The limp mode can not adjust for larger injectors or an increase in fuel pressure.
I should have reduced my fuel pressure from 49 back to 43 a year ago. I've done this plug routine too many times now.
Old 09-19-2004, 08:50 AM

Well I don't have to work today or tomorrow so I am working on this now, I will be working with Tim by Email so Updates To Come Later.

Last edited by MTPFI-MAF; 09-19-2004 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:09 PM
Supreme Member

I sent this e-mail to Adrian.

Adrian,

Things have changed on my end such that I have to back out of this project. I sincerely apologize and will post on TGO. I believe that others will step up to the plate. Unforeseen circumstances (work/home/family) have usurped my time and I just can't put myself 100% into this project at this time. I never halfass something. Thus, I must step down and let others fill the shoes that I just can't fill right now. Again, I sincerely apologize and I wish you guys well on this most needed task.

Sincerely,
Tim
I'm sorry guys. Someone please step up (maybe Craig?) and give the article a full update. If you use any piece of my article I only ask that you put it back here at thirdgen.org where it exists now. I can arrange it with Dirk such that it gets updated on this website.

Tim
Old 09-22-2004, 10:17 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 Z28
Engine: 355 (fastburn heads, LT4 HOT cam)
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt, 3.27
I sent this e-mail to Adrian.

I'm sorry guys. Someone please step up (maybe Craig?) and give the article a full update. If you use any piece of my article I only ask that you put it back here at thirdgen.org where it exists now. I can arrange it with Dirk such that it gets updated on this website.

Tim
I think we should all ask you to read over it, seein that it is pretty much an update of your original.

I have some time on weekends, if you need any grammer, and spell checking, and to make sure it sounds understandable. I would contribute to the content, but don't have enough actual experience, only a good understaning.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:48 AM

..... First and foremost - everyone please keep in mind that this is an INTRO to PROM burning. This article should not go into specific details on how to tune a particular bin. Leave that for part #2 ... and whoever wants to work on that.........
Tim, I just want to say thanks to you on behalf of myself and all those who are dabbling in PROM burning with the help of your Part 1 Article (and indeed to the many hours worth of reading material here on the board).

I think revisions to your article are a good idea as long as the credit you deserve is given.

Are you going to embark on a Part 2 at some point? If not, then do you know if any of the other experts here are going to step up and take the challenge of even a first draft that you guys could collaberatively work from. A well-written Part 2 could really help a lot of guys here out.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:56 AM

Ok Now I need some feedback, I Starting Doing the revision by creating it in Front Page 2000. I copyed the WEB and Put it into a Zip file. I would like for some of you to look over it and see if ya like the layout and any comments ect. I don't want to Design the whole thing to then find out It should of been done Different.

Tim I will make sure that it when it is done that it Stays on TGO, that is where it Belongs,

Ok the Zip file is called PromIntroWeb.ZIP it and is located here http://home.ripway.com/2004-7/149764/

Maybe craig can host this and update as changes are made for testing and changes. Untill it is complete

Oh BTW Tim your name will Still Reside in the Credits

Last edited by MTPFI-MAF; 09-23-2004 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:45 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: Yes
Engine: Many
Transmission: Quite a few
I like the layout, it looks pretty good. just some minor grammatical errors so far, and maybe a touch more infomation on a few things.

I think you should put more warning at the intro to emulators, and also put in some great advice from grumpy, and that is to be vary careful with changes, don't make drastic changes, and take notes! Think baby steps. Emulators can get you in trouble in a hurry.

oh, the one other thing i guess will be covered in the aldl scanning page, I just noticed that it wasn't very clear about baud rates; what ecm used what baud rate. I know that question and problems always occur from people trying to use the wrong baud rate, cable, software, etc. but i guess that will be covered in the other page.

for the editing bins page, you can use the 6e ecu file format for 32B masks also. I don't know about 32 masks though.

great job so far.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:16 PM

I went through it today for a little while and Fixed most of the grammatical errors and put a warning at the intro to emulators,
I also added a little Buad rates Info to the chart on the Editing Bins Page, more will be added to the ALDL Walk Through Page

I still need to find links to the ECU Files for the $32, $4D, $61 along with .ads files for the same Masks.

The changes have been added to the Prom Intro Web.Zip at http://home.ripway.com/2004-7/149764/

and Help Is appricated. and craig I will be taking you up on your offer of editorial services
Old 09-23-2004, 06:47 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: '89 Trans Am WS6
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: T5WC
Axle/Gears: 3.08 posi
You may want to consider taking out the "ok" that begins each new paragraph. =)

Also, although I wish I had www.tunerpro.com, the URL for tunerpro is http://tunerpro.markmansur.com/ . Thanks for even including it!
Old 09-23-2004, 06:51 PM

The ok is Me thinking before each Sentence. LOL *** that is annoying. and I was going to update the link, I Swear. LOL I just didn't have the correct link Handy and I knew that when I had Front page verify Hyperlinks that it would come back incomplete and I would have to updated it.

How 4.0 Coming MARK
Old 09-23-2004, 06:55 PM
TGO Supporter

How 4.0 Coming MARK
Very, very slowly. Haven't been working as hard as I should on it. Been letting myself get distracted. I think the "features to be added" list is getting lengthy enough that I'm just a bit overwhelmed.

Oh well. The money is good.

Oh wait.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Supreme Member

Mark's just plain lazy ;^).

Been thinking about names for the new animals... Thinking...
Old 09-23-2004, 09:06 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by Craig Moates
Been thinking about names for the new animals... Thinking...
How 'bout the Dodo? I think you're running out of flightless birds.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:11 PM
Supreme Member

I like it!

Or maybe the Cuckoo... It's about time you know... Those critters are pretty ornery when they hatch...
Old 09-23-2004, 09:58 PM

Car: 91 Red Sled
Axle/Gears: 10bolt Richmond 3.73 Torsen
cough... open source ....aak
I'd help out if I could.
I've got my own tuning software that I made that has options like 3d table combining the main and adder/extended tables. All the open loop AFR 2d tables are plotted into a 3d map. You can then highlight any AFR higher than specified (ex. 14.7). It has a "smooth" function that'll interpoate the cells imbetween the selected cells. Hot keys that'll do +,-,*,/,%.
Then check a box and it'll subtrace the choke AFR out. It'll then animate the decay rate for you to watch . Sorry, it's 8746 ecm specific since no xdf format is avail . Just giving you a hard time. I'm not kidding though about my software. I just started talking to my xtronics romulator with the code. I had some problems with it initially because it wasn't responding like I had thought. But the hardware talks, just a matter of time.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:02 PM
TGO Supporter

sounds sweet! (open source... *cough*).
Old 09-24-2004, 01:08 PM
TGO Supporter

Ok Now I need some feedback, I Starting Doing the revision by creating it in Front Page 2000. I copyed the WEB and Put it into a Zip file. I would like for some of you to look over it and see if ya like the layout and any comments ect. I don't want to Design the whole thing to then find out It should of been done Different.

Tim I will make sure that it when it is done that it Stays on TGO, that is where it Belongs,

Ok the Zip file is called PromIntroWeb.ZIP it and is located here http://home.ripway.com/2004-7/149764/

Maybe craig can host this and update as changes are made for testing and changes. Untill it is complete

Oh BTW Tim your name will Still Reside in the Credits
Is the file currently working? I went to the site and tried downloading the intro file and when it started, it immediately started flashing on and of the screen (the box thats says it is downloading)and I had to reboot. Wouldn't work.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:46 PM

Originally posted by CaptPicardsZ28
Is the file currently working? I went to the site and tried downloading the intro file and when it started, it immediately started flashing on and of the screen (the box thats says it is downloading)and I had to reboot. Wouldn't work.
I just reuploaded everything to make sure. http://home.ripway.com/2004-7/149764/
Old 09-24-2004, 03:59 PM
TGO Supporter

I just reuploaded everything to make sure. http://home.ripway.com/2004-7/149764/
Ok, its still doing it. Something is wrong with my comp then.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 Formula WS6 (Black, T-Tops)
Engine: 383 MiniRam (529 HP, 519 TQ - DD2K)
Transmission: Built '97 T56, Pro 5.0, CF-DF
Axle/Gears: 4.11 posi Ford 9"
Must be, I downloaded it just fine.....
Old 09-25-2004, 05:45 PM

I am working on the ALDL Scanning Page and I want to make sure of What cables work on What correctly

I know that the 2 Transistor cable works on a 165' 6E at 8192 With 10k Between A-B and 160 with out 10K .

is this correct with $32 and $32b .

Also will the same 2 transistor Cable work with $4D $61 I know that they are only 160bps.
anyways if people with $4D and $61 lead me to .ADS and ECU files that they use and Know are correct.

Any other suggestions and info Welcome

:hail:
I did use the button and found a Post by JPrevost for the $61 ECU file but it isn't there to be downloaded Here is the link $61ECU File Link

and yes I found a few on moates filemanager, I just want to make sure what I put into the article Is functional and the most updated

Last edited by MTPFI-MAF; 09-25-2004 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:11 PM

I am still working on this When I can, I work 3rd shift and a baby on the way, not a whole lot of time available but I do what I can.

any ways I have this Chart that Tim made and I modified it for the bin editing page. If you could help me fill in the blanks with links to functional ECU files and a good Starter Bin would a real Help.

Remember Starter Noobie BIN. (STOCK) and the correct ECU

I will eventually find everything in Due time just trying to speed things up a little. Thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 04:16 PM

Ha I forgot the pic of chart.
Attached Thumbnails I am working on a Intro To Prom Burning Revision.  Need Feedback-chart.jpg  
Old 09-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Supreme Member

You may need more blocks under the BIN area to cover different engine sizes.
The AUJP can go for the 730 "Auto" section, but I don't know if you want to use a single bin for the mask and instruct that the constants must be changed for the engine displacement.
Most people are running either 305's or 350's for the most part.
Those running 6's may feel left out.
It could branch off and get large in a hurry if you try to include everybody.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:25 PM

Well Shoot I forgot that people With a AUTO Trans could have 305 or 350 where people with a FACTORY 5-speed had only a 305.

Hmmmmmmmm any suggestions!!

Well I ordered a ANZA memcal and have personally read the Chip, Disabled Vats and burned it to a prom for my Stock 85' LB9 and it Starts and Idles, and I know that Mark has a copy of the Stock ANZA Bin on his web site so it is available for download, and I used TunerPro difference tool and His ANZA matches the stock one I read Exactly.So I figured this is a good $6E 5-Speed Starting point. Guess I will add a 305/350 option for the automatics in the chart. and may be I can talk to Mark or I will change the Injector Constant on the ANZA for those who swaped in a 350 with a 5-speed and call it ANZA5.7 and Make it availabe for download.

So what ya think

Last edited by MTPFI-MAF; 09-28-2004 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Supreme Member

Good to have a manual bin, I've seen a few posts asking about a good one to start with on an $8D.
As far as the tables go, IMHO It would be best to stay with completely stock configurations.
The changes as you have for that bin will add confusion to someone that does not realize the combination did not exist from the factory.(if it did then make room somehow)
Then the spark is lit for them to investigate the possibilities and explore. Then somewhere a link to a new page with another chart and the sites with all the "modified" bins.
The table arrangement looks good. If you can add maybe ENG to the left side and insert rows under the AUTO and Manual headers it should leave a way to include just about everything out there.
Do I want to mention N/A or S/C, Turbo ?
Old 09-28-2004, 06:55 PM

Well I think the new chart should Work Now LOL now All I need is to Fill in the Blanks.
Attached Thumbnails I am working on a Intro To Prom Burning Revision.  Need Feedback-chart2.jpg  
Old 09-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Supreme Member

Still more options!
It started expanding as soon as I added a few items.
The engine and trans stuff gets big quick. This may handle it (or something similar)

Of course not all items existed, but there's room for freaks of nature
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
table.bmp (94.3 KB, 88 views)
Old 09-28-2004, 07:39 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm ****, I wonder what Percentage off people Don't Have a V8 TPI or TBI that do this. I don't want to leave anybody out but Man that table is going to get more and more confusing. ahhhhhh Well I will see what I can come up with.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Supreme Member

Carb.. (Cough, cough)
Old 10-17-2004, 09:56 AM

Well I have had a little time to work on it, Now I think I have writers Block. lol Well I TEMPorialy put it on the web so that you Guys can look at it, and give me Ideas of what and where to go and do with it next... Yes there are popups on the Site but when this is Done It will be hosted on TGO server I hope. Thanks

http://www.f-body383.100megsfree5.co...PromHeader.htm
Old 10-17-2004, 02:45 PM
TGO Supporter

Well I have had a little time to work on it, Now I think I have writers Block. lol Well I TEMPorialy put it on the web so that you Guys can look at it, and give me Ideas of what and where to go and do with it next... Yes there are popups on the Site but when this is Done It will be hosted on TGO server I hope. Thanks

http://www.f-body383.100megsfree5.co...PromHeader.htm
I can't help much yet but I found a spelling/sentence error. Hope you don't mind. So far the site looks really good. I put some in bold and a few in quotations.

Now you should have a Screen that Looks like below see where it says Definition File, Click on the Button and Select "you" ALDL Definition File or as it is "know" to TunerPro your .ADS file You will need the Proper .ADS file for you application or Things Won't make since. Go to TunerPro ALDL Definition Download page to get a .ADS file for you Application.if you don't see a .ADS file for you application there please refer to the chart here to find it.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:55 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 88 Camaro SC
Engine: SFI'd 350
Transmission: TKO 500
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt w/ 3.23's
Also will the same 2 transistor Cable work with $4D $61 I know that they are only 160bps.
anyways if people with $4D and $61 lead me to .ADS and ECU files that they use and Know are correct.
I think the two transister cable should work. Jsut that one of the tranisters will be unused as its one way.

I can redo my ecu for the $4D and submit it. I had an old one but it kinda sucks. I finished my disassembly of the $4D like 8 months ago so the ecu is long overdue for a revision.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:03 PM
Supreme Member

Received 109 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: '90 Trans Am-12.45@110.71
Engine: 355 w/AFR 195's Elem. 400/430 HP/TQ
Transmission: Tremec T-56
Axle/Gears: 12 Bolt 3.73
Computer

Don't forget to include the replacement '8259 for the '7165. the newbies will get confused real quick when they don't find a '7165 under their dash.
Old 10-20-2004, 02:10 PM

Wow That Is True I didn't Even Think Of this

Thanks

Last edited by MTPFI-MAF; 10-20-2004 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Supreme Member

Actually that threw me at first as well when I kept seeing different numbers for a 7730 being reffered to as "the same thing"
There are three part numbers for the 7730.
You could just make reference to the BCC page you have linked to make the reader confirm the part number they have there to be sure.
Looking good BTW, anything new going with this?