DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

95 LT1 Editing

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 LT1 Editing

Ok, so i've done the OBDI thirdgen tuning and I've got a friend who wants me to tune his 95 LT-1. The I've got Tunerpro, the PP2 and I've even used the Prominator already....(Frigin' Awsome!!) The question is....Do I really need the cable to program, or is it still a removable memcal?? I've made a cool little adaptor that allows me to keep the chip in the memcal and read it via the PP2. If it's got the memcal I can pull it out and read it as long as I can get the .ecu file. That comes to the second question....Is there a good .ecu file to use. I really don't want to hav to have him pay for the cable and LT1 edit, but if that's what I've got to do it's what I gotta do.... Anything you guys have on this would be much appreciated....and I did the search thing but I didn't get anything usefull. Maybe that's me though.

Thanks
Chris
Old 08-26-2004, 12:14 PM

No, the 95's do not have the removable memcal. You either need LT1Edit or TunerCat with the appropriate cable to tune the 94 and up LT1's.

-Rob
Old 08-26-2004, 12:54 PM
TGO Supporter

Car: NCC-1701-D (docked in AZ)
Engine: impulse drive
Transmission: fusion reactors
Axle/Gears: Rescued from the Borg by my crew
Re: 95 LT1 Editing

Originally posted by fakezcar
Ok, so i've done the OBDI thirdgen tuning and I've got a friend who wants me to tune his 95 LT-1. The I've got Tunerpro, the PP2 and I've even used the Prominator already....(Frigin' Awsome!!) The question is....Do I really need the cable to program, or is it still a removable memcal?? I've made a cool little adaptor that allows me to keep the chip in the memcal and read it via the PP2. If it's got the memcal I can pull it out and read it as long as I can get the .ecu file. That comes to the second question....Is there a good .ecu file to use. I really don't want to hav to have him pay for the cable and LT1 edit, but if that's what I've got to do it's what I gotta do.... Anything you guys have on this would be much appreciated....and I did the search thing but I didn't get anything usefull. Maybe that's me though.

Thanks
Chris
You will need tunercat and the $EE file.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Tunercat EE
AKM cable.

And I'd suggest a spare ecm, and making up a *programming station*. ie a battery, and being able to flash the pcm off a designated power supply. Any poor connection while programming turns the pcm into being a paperweight. At one point, and it still might be true today, that even a dealersip can't uncrash a power interuption malfunction.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:42 PM

then I guess junior will have to spend some cash to get this done....Mayb e we'll hold off till we do the LS1 swap....

Thanks guys
Chris