DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

TunerPro Free & RT version 3.03 now available

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 01:26 AM
TGO Supporter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: '89 Trans Am WS6
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: T5WC
Axle/Gears: 3.08 posi
TunerPro Free & RT version 3.03 now available

Hi guys. Its been a while since the last release (6 weeks!). Craig and I have been working hard on the AutoProm, but I've been working hard on other features of TunerPro as well. Lots of new stuff in this release. Lots more coming in the next release.

Download version 3.03 at http://tunerpro.markmansur.com

Whats New in this version?

TunerPro Free

- Added an Item Finder ( Ctrl + F ). This is *great* for cross-referencing an address with an item, for instance when going through a hack to see if you have certain items defined or not. You can also search for key words (like, search for "fuel" will bring up any item with "fuel" in the title) and item sizes in bytes. Pretty handy, I think.
- Added a "Graphical Table Finder" ( Ctrl + G ). This is a tool for advanced users that is used for looking at entire portions of a bin file to look for patterns or certain "shapes", which usually identifies a table. Used in conjunction with the Item Finder, you can quickly see if you have a particular region defined.
- Added file association. Now, via the general preferences tab, you can associate/Unassociate bin, ecu, and bsl (TunerPro RT include ads and adl) files with TunerPro such that you can double-click these file types and they open in TunerPro.
- Fixed crash when changing table cell data when more than one table is open(!). Not sure how long this one was around, but I bet many of you ran into it.
- 16 Bit tables fully supported now (feature was in early version of GMECM Edit, but got broken). Graphing 16 Bit tables not yet supported, but on the way (need to solve "range" problems).
- Delete key no longer deletes and ECU item. It is now Ctrl + D. This was causing problems for a number of people who are used to using the Del key for deleting text.
- Max loadable bin size now technically only limited only by your system memory (was 64 kbyte max). I have capped it at 2 megs for now, though.
- Changed confusing issue: If you close TunerPro while minized, next time you start TunerPro it will now be restored.
- I'm pretty sure I fixed the "lists not showing up issue" that happens occasionally for some people. Let me know if you still experience this.

TunerPro RT (Everything above, plus this RT related stuff...)

- Data logging and playback to/from file added. This will evolve. Included is a Transport that is used for playback/recording from the other tabs.
- ALDL link more robust now. Shouldn't drop as easily on 1227165's.
- Fixed bug in ALDL Monitor #2 current value reporting incorrect units
- Making changes in the item summary list (inc/dec) updates the emulator with the changes.
- New AutoProm PROM I/O interface. A little simpler and easier to use.
- Emulation RAM to File feature now lives in its own window and is easier to use.
- Option added to preferences to keep checksum updated during emulation. Updates local bin and emulator RAM upon any change.
- Significant changes to AutoProm backend interfacing (no user impact)
- PROM I/O and emulator bin upload/verify now live their own thread. This keeps the UI from locking during these operations.
- Made changes to the ALDL Datastream format. Old versions are not compatible.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:35 AM
Kat
Supreme Member

Car: Camaro Vert
Engine: 355 HSR
Transmission: A4
Axle/Gears: 3.73 S60
:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

Kat
Old 12-22-2003, 02:37 PM

Car: 1980 Jeep CJ7
Engine: AMC 360 with GM TBI
Transmission: TF727 set for kill...let's get it on!!!
Mark, you da MAN!!!! Great stuff! I am downloading it (RT) as I type this...I think.
Thanks for all your work on this. I wish I could help, but I am a biologist, not a computer gawd. Many beers to ya!!!
Old 12-22-2003, 06:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 71 Nova
Engine: Superramed 383, Topline heads
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: 8.2 posi 3.08
Everytime i right click the constants box the scroll bar dissapears.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:09 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by shaggy56
Everytime i right click the constants box the scroll bar dissapears.
Hmm. yeah, this happens to me sometimes too. resize the list to bring them back. I'll figure out whats happening.
Old 12-22-2003, 07:30 PM
Supreme Member

Is it possibe to rotate the 3d graphs?
Old 12-22-2003, 07:42 PM
TGO Supporter

Is it possibe to rotate the 3d graphs?
its in the docs/readme.

hold ctrl and click/drag the graph.
hold shift and click/drag
hold ctrl and shift and click/drag
Old 12-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Supreme Member

That works nice. The scroll bar is the only thing. You came a long way with this. Its definately a great free version.

Last edited by shaggy56; 12-22-2003 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:03 PM
TGO Supporter

That works nice. The scroll bar is the only thing.
Yup. I just fixed that. Its not serious enough for a release by itself, though.

If you find more stuff wrong post them in the TunerPro forum.
Old 12-22-2003, 09:54 PM

:lala: More great stuff!

Mark, I'm not sure how you've set this up, but will the RT version datalog the ALDL stream on the Delco 16183082 using the .ECU file I've sent you? This Australian SD code will run on a '165, but I'm not sure if I still need to use a separate cable to datalog.

John
Old 12-22-2003, 10:03 PM
TGO Supporter

if you have the datastream number (or information) for the ECM, I can create a datastream definition for it.

Is there a chance its the same as the 1227165 6E ALDL datastream? If so, give the included datastream a shot.

Just a note - the ALDL datastream definition is separate from the ECU file.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:39 PM

Thanks Mark,
I wasn't sure how you were getting ALDL data in the RT setup (I should have read the item on your website about this).

I've emailed you the datastream def file from Paul Blackmore's site- I'm not sure if this is what you need- I'll look for something else if it's not.

John
Old 12-23-2003, 08:30 AM

I just realized something...will AutoPROM work with an 8746 ECM (A90 datastream)? 1228746 uses different comms speeds than the other ECM's in TunerPro. How will I be able to get a datalog file in TunerPro RT? Will a WinALDL file import to TunerPro? See what I am getting at? Since there isn't a TunerPro .def file for 1228746, how is it possible to talk to AutoPROM via the ALDL link?
Old 12-23-2003, 12:36 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: 357 TPI (L98)
Transmission: 700R4
Mark, I have a question or two.

I was going to ask about rotating the 3D graphs, but that was already addressed; good to see that I can.

Second, is there an option to snap a grid onto the 3D graphs and give them a scale in some way? It's kind of a pain to look back and forth between the table and the graph and figure out what I'm changing, because on the graph, it's just in relative terms, ya know?

I can't stress this next point enough because I think it would be a great addition: Could you add an option to show the value of a point on the graph when hovering the mouse over it? I mean like right next to the pointer, so you can look at the exact value of the point you're addressing, and see it change as you click and drag the point up and down......this is something I personally would like to see very much, and think it's more than possible with your skills! It would also take away the need for the grid I asked for, at least in most cases.

If these things are already in the program and I didn't know it, just ignore me! I've just started using it and these are just some things I've thought of that would make my experience easier.

Thanks so much for TunerPro!
Old 12-23-2003, 12:45 PM
Supreme Member

/\ Ignore this idiot! /\

For some stupid reason I managed not to see the box in the upper right hand corner of the 3D graph when I change a value.....exactly what I was looking for, just not in the same place! haha.

Still wondering about 3D grid, though.

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2003, 01:46 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by jamesbob02
/\ Ignore this idiot! /\

For some stupid reason I managed not to see the box in the upper right hand corner of the 3D graph when I change a value.....exactly what I was looking for, just not in the same place! haha.

Still wondering about 3D grid, though.

Thanks!
Yeah, this is on the list. The long, long list. At some point I guess I should quit my day job.

BTW - my wife's from OKC. I spent a lot of time there during our courtship. (lot of airline miles saved up).

Last edited by Mangus; 12-23-2003 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:48 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by jeepguy553
I just realized something...will AutoPROM work with an 8746 ECM (A90 datastream)?
I don't *yet* support 160 baud. The more time goes on, the more I'm thinking about moving this support up on my priority list, though.

I've been hesitant to this point simply because its not an easy problem to solve. Jonas has done us a great deed by creating his software. He has given me some insight on how to make this happen for my stuff too, so maybe I'll take a look at this sooner than later.

M
Old 12-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Mangus
At some point I guess I should quit my day job.

BTW - my wife's from OKC. I spent a lot of time there during our courtship. (lot of airline miles saved up).
I hope that first line isn't out of sarcastic aggravation! I for one understand the magnitude of what you're doing, and am by no means sitting here pissed off that you haven't included something I want to see! I know you'll get to it when you can, and if you want to. Thanks for what you have done so far.

BTW, I don't blame your wife for leaving OKC haha. The only interesting things in Oklahoma are happening here in Norman lol.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:28 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by jamesbob02
I hope that first line isn't out of sarcastic aggravation! I for one understand the magnitude of what you're doing, and am by no means sitting here pissed off that you haven't included something I want to see! I know you'll get to it when you can, and if you want to. Thanks for what you have done so far.
Not sarcasm at all. I'd love to be independantly wealthy so that I could do this full time. I've got so much stuff I want to do/add. The day job, however, is a necessity.

Day job or not, I'll continue working on this stuff. Why? Because I use it. And because its fun.

I think its awesome that others find it useful too.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:58 PM

I remember you saying previously that you'd be getting to that in a future version. The reason I ask is that I also seem to remember something about the AutoPROM having 8192 baud comms. Would that work with the 8746? I know the ALDL link won't work...yet...I am just kinda at a loss as to how to communicate with the AutoPROM in an 8746 ECM. Would the even qualify as a datalog? I can still use WinALDL to log with.
Again, many beers to ya....good job with the new version.
BTW...my dad lives in McAlester and my bro went to OU. I even got to spend a few days there in Norman with him several years ago...what a week THAT was!

Last edited by jeepguy553; 12-23-2003 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2003, 10:06 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by jeepguy553
BTW...my dad lives in McAlester and my bro went to OU. I even got to spend a few days there in Norman with him several years ago...what a week THAT was!
Yeah I love this place! Being a student is cool primarily because we get first shot at the big tickets for CHEAP haha.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:55 AM
Supreme Member

Is it too far fetched to be able to populate a hex list of just the raw hex codes like winbin can. I didnt see anything like that not sure if its there. Its just nice to compare what your doing to the raw hex code without having to go back and open a hex editor.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:54 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2005 Subaru STI
Engine: 153ci of Turbo Power!
Transmission: 6-Speed
Is it too far fetched to be able to populate a hex list of just the raw hex codes like winbin can. I didnt see anything like that not sure if its there. Its just nice to compare what your doing to the raw hex code without having to go back and open a hex editor.
This is actually a great idea from the standpoint of modifying the actual source code. I always have to open a standard Hex editor like Hex XVI32. It would be nice to be able to modify the Hex directly inside of the chip editing program.

Tim
Old 12-24-2003, 03:15 PM
TGO Supporter

You can view the raw hex of items by selecting (either in preferences or by right-clicking on the editor) "raw hex".

As far as putting in a hex editor, this, too, is on the list. But it is another control that needs to be written from scratch and will take some time. I do realize its importance though. I actually open bins in UltraEdit pretty often myself.

M
Old 12-26-2003, 07:48 PM
TGO Supporter

I just uploaded 3.04.

Fixed in this release:

1) scroll bar issue - when right-clicking scroll-bar would disappear.
2) emulation now works in win95/98/Me (broke this in 3.03)
3) problem with uploading tables to emulator is fixed.

http://tunerpro.markmansur.com
Old 12-27-2003, 04:30 AM

Mangus,

I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I am having a problem with the temperature constants.

I set the FAN on TEMP to 88 Deg C
And Disable at 84 Deg C

The problem is that the fan turns on and off not at the correct temperatures that I set it to using TunerPro.

It comes on at 84.4 Deg C
and Turns off at 76.6 Deg C

I have burned the chip twice and keep getting the same problem.

One question I have for you. The table TURN FAN on @ SPEED say at 35mph. Does that mean that the fan will come on and over 35mph, or only up and till 35mph? I am assuming the first option just making sure.

Also is there anyway to disable AIR in TunerPro seeing as I have removed my smog pump?

Best regards,
Mike

Last edited by 86 IROCZ28; 12-27-2003 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-27-2003, 12:11 PM
Supreme Member

Car: A Camaro
Engine: Weak
Transmission: Weaker
Awesome work Mark! It's great to see how this program has evolved from user input, awesome awesome work!

Tony
Old 12-27-2003, 03:06 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by 86 IROCZ28
Mangus,

And Disable at 84 Deg C

The problem is that the fan turns on and off not at the correct temperatures that I set it to using TunerPro.

It comes on at 84.4 Deg C

One question I have for you. The table TURN FAN on @ SPEED say at 35mph. Does that mean that the fan will come on and over 35mph, or only up and till 35mph? I am assuming the first option just making sure.

Also is there anyway to disable AIR in TunerPro seeing as I have removed my smog pump?
Hi Mike -

These aren't really TunerPro specific, but here are a couple of questions:

Is your ECU file correct? What are the original values for the fan on/off temps? When you change the bin, does the fan's on/off values change at all?

Regarding fan on @ MPH - I don't really know. I'm only familiar with $6E really. You might post this and your AIR question in a separate post, making sure you specify your setup. I'm sure someone out there can help you out.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:43 AM

Mangus the ECU file is correct as I used the same one on WinBin and the temps were set correctly and came on correctly. The original fan on off temps I do not know because I have changed the chip from what it came out with. I am sure I have a copy of the contents somewhere on my hard drive.

So if you are saying there should be nothing wrong in TunerPro itself then I might try and locate another ECU 730 file and try that one and see how I go. But everything else that I change with ECU I have no is correct and everything stays as what I set it to nothing changes after I make changes.

Will keep you posted.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:28 AM

Originally posted by 86 IROCZ28
And Disable at 84 Deg C
..It comes on at 84.4 Deg C
Mike,
I thought I'd give this a try using the '730 $8d ECU on Mark's site and an AUJP bin. I didn't burn a chip, but when I change the values in TunerPro, the fan on and off set at 88.02 and 84.24 respectively (difference due to hex conversion). Is this what you get on the screen before the burn?

If the settings change going onto the chip, I wonder if this might be a burner problem? Seems odd if everything else burns okay though.

John
Old 12-29-2003, 12:10 AM

Yes I get those exact numbers as you pointed out. I will pull a copy off the burnt chip to see if the numbers come up the same and everything else too.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:26 PM

It has been a while since I last posted but I have gotten a little further with trying to figure out why the temperature settings are playing up.

All I can say is that when I set the FAN on and OFF temperatures in tunerpro to ON 84.24 and OFF at 81

then open winbin the temperatures in there are now showing FAN ON TEMP = 77.75 and OFF TEMP = 72.5

I did use WinBin before using Tunerpro and the fan in the car came on exactly as I programmed it and also turned off exactly as I programmed it.

The option in TunerPro Disable TEMP MPH option I set to 35mph and in Winbin that option is called Enable MPH FAN is also 35mph so they are the same.

I think there might be an error in TunerPro in the FAN TEMP SETTINGS. Has anyone checked to see if their FAN comes on at the set temperature?

I should mention that I used the same ECU file when doing this test in TunerPro and WinBin.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:32 PM
TGO Supporter

Email me the ECU file. This almost certainly is not an error in TunerPro.

mmansur at hotmail.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:44 PM

I have emailed you the ECU hopefully you can find something.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:07 PM
TGO Supporter

The values are the same in TunerPro and Winbin. See pic.

Start out in the TunerPro message boards before bringing these issues here. I'd much rather get them worked out there (or via email) for obvious reasons.
Attached Thumbnails TunerPro Free & RT version 3.03 now available-looksfine.gif  
Old 01-11-2004, 06:19 PM

Mangus sorry about that but was not sure where to post I'll post on the board next time.

I was using WinBin 0.11 so that is the problem!

I apologise the problem is NOT with TUNERPRO but with WINBIN version 0.11 must be buggy.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:35 PM
TGO Supporter

no worries. glad we could work it out. Looks like the latest version of WinBin fixed this.