DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Can someone take a look at these scans.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-Z
Engine: 350ci SBC
Transmission: 700R4
Can someone take a look at these scans.....

The WOT scan is of a WOT run from idle and the bog~2K is a scan of the bogg on line 1187 of the excel sheet. I have the LV8 vs dellta LV8 AE tables maxed at 1 and I am now playing with the coolant AE stuff and decay rates.
Please help!!!!!

WOT

bogg~2k
Old 06-22-2003, 07:12 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Maybe it's just me with an old CRT, but that spreadsheet is about impossible to read.

If you were to edit it down and repeat the header like every 20 lines one might be able to see what you got.

Maybe just trying to accurately discribe what's going on would be a help.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:35 AM
TGO Supporter

Car: '89 GMC Pickup
Engine: 383 SBC Stealth Ram
Transmission: 700R4/VIG 3200
At line 63 you went lean and pretty much stayed that way. That started the knock counts, up to 8.6 and pretty high throughout the rest of the run.

You WILL hurt that engine if you don't get it tuned! You are WAY off at WOT. Your other scan doesn't look too bad but you're driving it really mild, and running a MAF setup.

I haven't tuned MAF for a while and never really got it tuned good anyway with my setup but. . .

Your injector pulse width never got over 6.6 or so and that's not near enough fuel for a WOT run with your setup.

You have up to 8.6° of knock retard and I bet it would have liked to remove more timing. YOU'RE KILLING THAT ENGINE! You probably have the static timing to high PLUS you are WAY lean.

The only time you come close to having enough BPW was when you punched the throttle, and that was just for a split second. AE worked but not near enough.

Do you have your actual injector size and the injector constant set anywhere close to each other?

When I was tuning my engine with MAF the only thing I really remember about getting it right was changing the lower MAF tables to correct an idle problem. I can't remember what else I changed but I never did get it consistent. Plugs would look good at cruise speeds, lean at WOT, and until I got the MAF table changed, black at idle.

Also, just to mention it, I NEVER had any luck trying to dial in any EFI setup I had with voltage and pluswidth offsets. Whatever that was supposed to do just didn't work. Now, I have modified it to account for two fans kicking on instead of one, make up for low RPM from a full throttle lift onto the brake hard and times when the RPM just tried to drop off sudden for whatever reason.

Anyway, YOUR WAY OFF AT WOT! Cruise doesn't look to bad but that's MAF for you. It can correct for other things being off. If I think of anythere else I'll let you know.

Last edited by SMasterson; 06-22-2003 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:45 AM

Ill post a trimmed down excel sheet later today Grumpy.
But how do I get the AE to last longer? I am scaling the decay rates and the number of pulses? As for WOT thats the PE tables...how much should they be modded? Would it just be easier to go MAP at this point? I am gonna try and post the bin file is anyone is interested.....
Please help I have been hacking this thing for months and I am not even close......
Old 06-22-2003, 11:21 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 84 SVO
Engine: Volvo headed 2.3T
Transmission: WCT5
Axle/Gears: 8.8" 3.73
Originally posted by Grumpy

If you were to edit it down and repeat the header like every 20 lines one might be able to see what you got.

Anyone know how to set this up in Excell? My scans come out the same way, with only one header at the top.. being able to add extras every 20-25 lines wouild be cool...

thanks, BW
Old 06-22-2003, 03:44 PM

Ok here is the new scans with the headers every line. It makes it a lot easier to read:
WOT

bogg~2k

Here is the bin file....I added more fuel on AE and more PE...what do yo think??

bin file $6e
Old 06-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Supreme Member

In you WOT you O2s are really low.
You might look at the hac and find the TPS Scaler and get that 87% higher. IF your sure the butterflies are fully open.

When does the bog occur in the next run?.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:26 PM
TGO Supporter

Originally posted by SATURN5
Anyone know how to set this up in Excell? My scans come out the same way, with only one header at the top.. being able to add extras every 20-25 lines wouild be cool...

thanks, BW
I usually scale it to 75%, remove the columns I don't need, then highlight the box in the upper right corner of the spreadsheet, click on Window, click on Freeze Panes. The the headers stay put while I'm scrolling.
Old 06-22-2003, 08:38 PM

The bogg occurs on line 39 of the bogg~2k file. That is where the O2's crash and the computer started to detect knock and pulls timing.
I didnt even notice the TPS voltage was so low at WOT. Thanks for pointong that out.
It just seems that I am dumping fuel into the motor and the O2s are not responding. Fuel pump is good and verified with guage taped to window, it stays and 45psi. Also the O2 sensor is new.
I was hoping someone could look at the bin file and see how much more AE I should throw at it.
Thanks!!

P.S. I am no where near able to edit assembly code. Could someone give me some insite into this?
Old 06-23-2003, 03:21 PM

any ideas guys??
Old 06-23-2003, 05:11 PM
Supreme Member

Originally posted by Slow89Iroc-Z
any ideas guys??
That is strange.
You have some sort of spark event, leaness, and a drop in LV8.

You probably have, but double check for something rattling, or a poor connection on the MAF. Might even be an ignition problem.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:30 PM
TGO Supporter

Set your injector constants a bit lower. I have 30# SVO injectors and 48# of pressure. Setting it to 30# works fine for me, even though I've read they are rated at 30# at 37.5 or something like that.

Set your initial advance back to 6° and load a timing map from a fresh bin file. Yours is a mess.

Give it some fuel in the P.E. % Change to fuel/air vs RPM.

Like I said before, "Cruise doesn't look to bad but that's MAF for you."

Give it some fuel, change something, to get your BPW higher. Even if you have to go to extremes to see that it's working. 6.8ms isn't enough fuel for that engine at WOT.

Actually, if I had your scan reading at WOT I'd just start over. You haven't changed near enough for the mods you've made.

I'm running SD with a 383 HSR, CC306 cam. Here's my PE vs RPM:

It wanted fuel, I gave it fuel!
It screams and is not lean at WOT!

But then again, you didn't respond to any other ideas I gave you so I guess they wouldn't work for you.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:59 PM

I made a new bin.....I gave it more fuel in the PE table like you said and I started with the AUJL 6e timing table. Can you please help me more. I really am just starting out here... I dont know what is too much or not enough.....
What can I do about the bogg??
Thanks?