DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

Romulator issues ?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
Romulator issues ?????

So far out of 4 laptops i own i can make the romulator work successfully on one of them.. Unfortuneately its also the one that the monitor is out on and i use as my base computer :-((so its useless for the romulator)

When using the Romulator software itself , the other 3 will not let me even prog a bin, i can load it to buffer and try buffer to ram and it will say "did not program".... When i use the Romulator thru the RT Tuner software, it will recognize the ROmulator and is linked to it. I can read from the romulator , but i cannot program the Romulator and when i try to it says communication error and will disconnect from the romulator...

Any suggestions would be appreciated, im horrible at the hardware/software end of things on pc's lol... Takes me longer to install and make it work than picking my own bins apart lol

thanks guys
Jeremy
Old 05-18-2003, 09:08 PM
Supreme Member

Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: Romulator issues ?????

Originally posted by 3.8TransAM
So far out of 4 laptops i own i can make the romulator work successfully on one of them.. Unfortuneately its also the one that the monitor is out on and i use as my base computer :-((so its useless for the romulator)

Any suggestions would be appreciated, im horrible at the hardware/software end of things on pc's lol... Takes me longer to install and make it work than picking my own bins apart lol

If you want to send it to me I can plug it into a setup that works. That would isolate if it's the Romulator or laptop problem. I can get to in the mail back to you a day or two later.

BTW, aren't GN powered Cobras, fun?.
I'm still all grins.....
Old 05-18-2003, 09:12 PM

Car: 91 GTA, 91 Formula, 89 TTA
Engine: all 225+ RWHP
Transmission: all OD
Axle/Gears: Always the good ones
yeah grump, those buick powered cobra repicars are like ford should have made them lol

That was a sweet lil lap we got to take at Beech Bend :-)

Im not thinking its the Romulator itself, at least not yet, seems to be on the newer puters and laptops at the house here it runs on the 2 newest. All of my laptops are fairly old and im wondering if that may ahve soemthing to do with it. I just find it weird that it recognizes it and can read it, but not allow me to program it

If i dont resolve within a day or two i may just take u up on that offer(your the closest tuner that i know of to me lol)
later and thanks
jeremy