DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

DataMaster VE tables and Tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2002, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DataMaster VE tables and Tuning questions

I hope everybody had a good weekend

I'm using DataMaster to record data and then use that data to change tables in TunerCat, then burn the new file on a prom with Pocket Programmer.

Right now I'm going through hundreds if not thousands of data points by hand and building tables with paper and pencil, I'm sure there is a better way. I've read a post about turning the file into a DBF file and exporting to an Excel spreadsheet. How do you know where the particular data file is
(VE near idle table)? Does anybody know the correct way to do this?

Could I use the INT/BLM Histogram in DataMaster to do the same thing? I run an entire data run with the histogram on and it builds a table. I think this may be good enough but I don't think it shows an average of each point during thr run, but just shows where that point was at the last reading.

I've burned four different VE near idle tables and every time I modify the data I've got data at the top of the allowable scale, even above 100. I save the file and burn a new prom and take a test drive. Although the BLM's on the proms are better everytime, the new DataMaster run indicates that the VE table should be adjusted to over 100 at some data points. Four times and still off the scale!! I feel as though I've topped out the VE near idle table. I havn't touched any PE data or Timing data(this is the VE near idle table, 400-1800 RPM and 20 - 100Kpa). Will changing another set of data help the VE table data come more in range? These may be stupid questions, I've done a quick search in the archives but I'll do a more thorough tomorrow.

I'm noticing slight improvements in performance and the way the motor sounds.

I'm beginning to appreciate the amount of time that goes into this process!

Regards,

Tedd Edmondson