DIY PROM Do It Yourself PROM chip burning help. No PROM begging. No PROMs for sale. No commercial exchange. Not a referral service.

where is the best place to lean out deceleration A/F mix

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where is the best place to lean out deceleration A/F mix

I'm trying to find out the best place to lean out my 165 calibration during deceleration. I'm using ARAP bin and my BLM's are 128 until I decelerate then they go to around 110. Scalar tables?
Old 05-18-2002, 12:14 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: An Ol Buick
Engine: Vsick
Transmission: Janis Tranny Yank Converter
Re: where is the best place to lean out deceleration A/F mix

Originally posted by LS1thunder
I'm trying to find out the best place to lean out my 165 calibration during deceleration. I'm using ARAP bin and my BLM's are 128 until I decelerate then they go to around 110. Scalar tables?
there should be a whole series of perimeters for DFCO. Deccleration Fuel Cut Off. Not so much leaning, as it is a cut off.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:59 PM

Thanks Grumpy, I appreciate your help. I must say that this board has a ton of information and I never get boarded reading this stuff. Yours, and others inputs have helped me alot with tuning my TPI system. I can't wait till TC releases an editor or definition file for my LS1.

Thanks again,
Don
Old 05-21-2002, 04:12 AM

Car: Iroc-Z
Engine: 355 AFR'd HSR
Transmission: 700R4
I think I am having a kind of severe deceleration leaning out problem. My chip is stock for now but the motor isn't. I am getting the equipment to "diagnose and burn" as we speak.

When I let off the gas the car will coast then bog a little bit (About 2-300rpm) and then recover. Since I am a newbie, what do I search for? I am sure there have been posts on this. Maybe in "Final Answer" posts or what?
Old 05-21-2002, 07:57 AM

One thing to watch would be your Idle Air Control (IAC) counts. Your IAC counts should be around 30 at idle. If they are lower or zero you will need to close up your throttle plates or possibly clean the throttle body IAC passages. That might be your stall problem. If you adjust your throttle plates, recheck your Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) for .5-.6 volts at idle.

If you think its lean because of a modification, that is where the prom burning will come in. You will need to elaborate a little more on what your working on, engine size, transmission type, current prom application and code, your mods, Maf or speed density, etc... Hope this helps.
Old 05-23-2002, 04:26 AM

Car: Iroc-Z
Engine: 355 AFR'd HSR
Ok lets see, I just got the motor back in the car a few weeks back. It has a little over 1000 miles on it maybe. The info about the engine is in the sig.

The reason I think I am running lean is because I raised compression to 10.3:1 whereas the stock CR was what... 9.3:1? Thats why I think I am running lean. I am getting 3 codes as of today, I got codes: 32 43 44. So I gotta start trying to figure those out. Ehh....

While I am making a post. I have a few questions. Can I use Moates's software on a 165 ECM? I just read some old post and it scared me! Somthing about not being able to do this. Um... Thats all for now. I have lots more questionsd but I'll be referred to the archives yet again.

Later
Old 05-23-2002, 07:30 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '87 Camaro IROC-Z
Engine: 385 HSR
Axle/Gears: 3.42 posi
Originally posted by RedIrocZ-28
Ok lets see, I just got the motor back in the car a few weeks back. It has a little over 1000 miles on it maybe. The info about the engine is in the sig.

The reason I think I am running lean is because I raised compression to 10.3:1 whereas the stock CR was what... 9.3:1? Thats why I think I am running lean. I am getting 3 codes as of today, I got codes: 32 43 44. So I gotta start trying to figure those out. Ehh....

While I am making a post. I have a few questions. Can I use Moates's software on a 165 ECM? I just read some old post and it scared me! Somthing about not being able to do this. Um... Thats all for now. I have lots more questionsd but I'll be referred to the archives yet again.

Later
I doubt the higher compression is making you run lean. If it's on decel, then that probably part of the decel enleanment "feature" in the code. If your O2 sensor is more than a year old and/or has quite a few miles on it, it'd be cheap insurance to change it.

Yes, Moates' software is mainly for the 165 ECM. Really fun to play with and look at the data.