DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Just got DFI, need help figuring out starting point

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got DFI, need help figuring out starting point

Hey, i'm happy to say i've gotten my dfi hooked up and ready to go. I have never done anything like this and my knowlegde of cars is getting greater but i don't know much about computer tuning. Is there anything other than the manual that is good to read how to tune? i have read this thing alot but havn't figured out what is a good starting point for everything and i dont' wanna blow my motor before i get to drive it with the blower. If anyone has any tips or even files that almost match my car's specs that would be great. I have a 350 with stock but ported and polished heads, slp runners, accel base, ati procharger(12lb pulley), afpr, 24lb injectors. Can i just start out with what the DFI's settings are and start it and see how it runs and adjust things from there? any help would be great
Old 03-08-2002, 07:33 AM
RCR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '84 Fiero ('01 GA interior)
Engine: '96 4.0 Aurora
Transmission: '96 4T80E
There's a manual at Cruizinperformance.com that has good info in it. As for the base map to start with, My setup isn't even close to the base map, and I don't have the blower. There is a map here: http://www.danieldale.com/dfi.html that might be a good starting point to get you going. Other than that, I'd say start slow, double check everything, and follow the instructions. You could also call Rich at Cruizinperformance. He might be willing to help.