DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Shadow Dash MS

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s
Shadow Dash MS

Just received the email from EFI Analytics, they have come out with Shadow Dash MS for Android devices. Shadow Dash MS is a follow up to Shadow Logger MS. They both use blutooth connectivity and run on Android. Shadow Logger only allows you to record or log files, whereas Shadow Dash MS allows you to use your tablet or smart phone as digital dashboard in addition to logging. It also allows you to use the accelerometer, GPS and other features in the device. I am looking forward to mounting a large tablet above the center console now.

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7JOL...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1989 GTA, 2004 Z06, 2008 Expedition
Engine: L98, LS3, 5.4L
Transmission: 700R4, MN6, Auto
Axle/Gears: 3.23, 3.42, ?
Re: Shadow Dash MS

The software is awesome. Just curious does the bluetooth connectivity access the ECM through a chip plugged into the ALDL connector?
Old 10-14-2012, 12:01 PM
Supreme Member

Received 76 Likes on 66 Posts
Car: 1991 Z28 Vert
Engine: 383 single plane efi
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 8.8 with 3.73s

Originally Posted by akanitro
The software is awesome. Just curious does the bluetooth connectivity access the ECM through a chip plugged into the ALDL connector?
No, I apologize as I should have specified further. This software is only for use with MegaSquirt or MicroSquirt. It uses blutooth plugged directly into the MegaSquirt ecm.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 89 RS 89 iroc 87 firebird
Engine: 3.1 Turbo/ 355 twin turbo
Transmission: a4 w/ 4500 stall/ a4 / t5
Axle/Gears: strange s60 /w 3:42's

tibo, ive been looking at this option, but ive ben planning on a better way for some time now, and have half the parts to do it.

what im planning on gives u the ability to tune on the fly,have the gauges up , and or datalog at the same time all with one device

most parts can be had form ebay dirt cheap

600mhz laptop 15-50bucks
7inch widescreen touch screen 50 bucks
cheap inverter to power the laptop ??? ( i already have one )
wireless keyboard , trackball to mount in the center console or mouse

my plan is to remove the screen off my old dell 1.8ghz laptop and mount it under the driver or passenger seat with some brackets and connect it to the inverter.

what ill do is get a micro momentary switch that i can wire into the laptops power button that i can mount remotely to turn on the laptop

the widescreen monitor will replace the factory gauge cluster

this will allow me to always have tuner studio running in the car and still have all my gauges right infront of me. the touch screen would still allow for tune changes on the fly, but the on screen keyboard may be a lil small so ill keep a wireless keyboard/mouse in the car

i did come across a laser keyboard, which is just a lil thing that basically shines the outline of a keyboard down on any surface that u can use to type which could be nice

of course u would have the wait time of the laptop to start up everytime u hopped in the car, but with a stripped down version of xp its pretty damn fast, i dont just hop in my car and drive off anyways.

another option is to rpelae the laptops power supply with one to meant on 12v these power up the laptop soon as u turn the key on so u wouldnt have to manually turn it on

theres some other use's for this setup as well once its in place u could expand the system into a media center for the car gps and a ton of other neat things, that dont center just around the ms
Old 10-15-2012, 08:10 AM
TGO Supporter/Moderator
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
Car: '88 Formula, '94 Corvette, '95 Bird
Engine: LC9, LT1
Transmission: TKX, 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 3.42, 3.23

Originally Posted by Tibo
Just received the email from EFI Analytics, they have come out with Shadow Dash MS for Android devices. Shadow Dash MS is a follow up to Shadow Logger MS. They both use blutooth connectivity and run on Android. Shadow Logger only allows you to record or log files, whereas Shadow Dash MS allows you to use your tablet or smart phone as digital dashboard in addition to logging. It also allows you to use the accelerometer, GPS and other features in the device. I am looking forward to mounting a large tablet above the center console now.

Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7JOL...ature=youtu.be
I got the same email, as a registered user.

Tunerstudio is Java, so why not just run it on the tablet ?

-- Joe
Old 11-01-2012, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1984 Trans Am
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: Stock

I liked the HUD feature. It put me over the edge for buying a tablet. The only downside is the projection is not very visible during the day. I plan on finding a piece of scrap window tinting to aid in the visibility.