DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Lets talk about EZ-EFI

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 2003 F-150
Engine: 4.6L Modular V8
Transmission: 4R70W
Axle/Gears: Ford 8.8"/3.55 LSD
Re: Lets talk about EZ-EFI

For those of you who wonder what you need to tell the ECM before it tunes itself, I was just watching Horespower this morning and this is what they put in the ECM:

Engine Displacement
Desired Idle rpm
Throttle position at idle voltage (just leave the throttle there and let it get the reading)
Throttle position at WOT voltage (same process as idle, except hold the throttle at WOT)
Fuel pressure (its either recommended by the ECU or you input what your set FP is)

They did 3 dyno pulls on the engine. First pull was about 350hp, second pull was about 385hp, and the third one was right at 400hp. And that was from a 345ci Hemi.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/site3/in...08&ep_sea=1001

Last edited by 89_RS; 07-11-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:04 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 6.0 LS
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.70

the system they show in that episode is the TB kit. they offer a retro kit for us TPI guys thats much less. my kit is PN 30200.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by QUICKCHICKEN
the system they show in that episode is the TB kit. they offer a retro kit for us TPI guys thats much less. my kit is PN 30200.
I noticed that. However, for those of us who don't have TPI, it does offer an interesting alternative for getting rid of TBI, carb, and not have to get a system that you will have to tune yourself without the cost of a Massflo system.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 89_RS
I noticed that. However, for those of us who don't have TPI, it does offer an interesting alternative for getting rid of TBI, carb, and not have to get a system that you will have to tune yourself without the cost of a Massflo system.
I SOOOOOOOO agree. my 83 T/A is getting the TB system when it goes together. when i first found out about this system going into develpment 4 or so yrs ago i didnt expect it to turn out as well as it has. everytime i talk to the engineer about this system he shows me how well plugged into the GM efi system he is and says what he didnt like and why he did to make it less hassle. hes also involved with the XFI stuff as well.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:51 PM

I've been doing some reading and coming up with great stuff on the EZ-EFI system. Theres a thread on Corvette forums where several members talk about there EZ-EFI system and its capabilities. Also, the engineer who built it talks about various features of the system.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...-this-yet.html

They have also made it to where you can run 2 of the TB's together in a dual quad setup if you need more than 550hp. Just buy the dual quad kit, new fuel system, intake manifold, bolt it all up and the ECM takes care of the rest. Pretty slick if you ask me.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

bluzeman is the enginner of the system. he does run No2 on his vette but has a diff tune so he can use it, traditionally the EZ isnt able to run spray. thats left up to the XFI stuff.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:59 PM

Thats what he was saying. You have to overrich the desired WOT AFR so that when you hit the spray, it doesn't burn down the motor. Hes also been hinting at that for a forced induction setup, but since the EZ doesn't control timing, he really doesn't recommend it.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89RS,89TBI FB, 91Z28, 89TPI FORMULA
Engine: 357 SBC TPI
Transmission: World Class T-5 (for now)
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt 3.73

After a 7 month delay working on my house, I'm back to getting ready to try the EZ EFI.

I saw a pic of 73Duster's car (nice ride) and it looked like he has his installed. I've asked him for any updates he has. QUICKCHICKEN, have you started yet?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BOSS 357
I've asked him for any updates he has. QUICKCHICKEN, have you started yet?
both trucks are in my shop FINALLY getting fixed. my S-10 should be set to go this week/end so i'll be able to crack into it next weekend hoefully. im itchin to see the outcome, it'll be so nice to have consistancy for a change.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:51 PM

Any updates?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:56 PM

So far the car runs tip top. The only problem i was having was the car was shutting off intermittently. I have just recieved a replacement ECU and so far it stopped shutting off. Other than that issue, the car runs better than it ever did with the stock computer. It used to surge a lot, even after having the chip tuned. Now the car runs cleanly.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Any updates?
as for me im in the final stages of getting my S-10 on the road so i can do mine. motor is on the stand and is about to go back together, after that its on.
had a setback. drained the oil and a lil extra fluid came out that was thicker than the oil so i yanked the block to check the bearings.

i have a ques about one bearing so a friend is coming over to take a second observation.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by 73duster
So far the car runs tip top. The only problem i was having was the car was shutting off intermittently. I have just recieved a replacement ECU and so far it stopped shutting off. Other than that issue, the car runs better than it ever did with the stock computer. It used to surge a lot, even after having the chip tuned. Now the car runs cleanly.
Sounds like that seals the deal then. FAST EZ EFI for my 305 (or any other engine I decide on really) when I get around to it. The fact that its super easy to work with and able to be reprogramed by someone with little patience for tuning (like me) is worth what it costs.

QUICKCHICKEN I look forward to hearing your results as well.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:49 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: Camaro
Engine: Carbed L98
Transmission: TH350
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Im interested in the tb setup also. Any updates you guys can give us would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: stock TBI 305 atm
Transmission: 700R4

I think it's great that you guys are getting this system working and all, but I still agree with many others that the problems you were experiencing had to do with something other than the stock ecm/tune. The intermittent rough idle/stalling sounds like you most likely had a pick-up coil going bad. Since you had to replace the dist to use this system, you also repaired the problem, but it could have most likely been taken care of with a LOT LESS time and money.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:46 PM

Hey QUICKCHICKEN, how goes it?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by BOSS 357
Hey QUICKCHICKEN, how goes it?
my truck is back together and running, as soon as my friend gets back from the LSX event we should be starting. trust me, im eager to get this thing going. iv told many people about this system and its gotten lots of intrest, esp those that knew tuning a chip was the only route for the TPI if they wanted to mod.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:54 AM

I hope it goes well for you, I'm anxious to see this as I have planned most of my EZ swap but still have a couple of things I'd like to see how they work out.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:30 PM

Any updates?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: '02 Z06
Engine: L33 5.7
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Stock IRS

How come no word on holleys competition counterpart? the HP/Dominator EFI?
way superior in my opinion. ignition control, boost supported, boost CONTROL (turbos) and at least 4io channels for various functions. Meth controller as well! I placed my order today for the HP EFI.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by TraviZ
How come no word on holleys competition counterpart? the HP/Dominator EFI?
way superior in my opinion. ignition control, boost supported, boost CONTROL (turbos) and at least 4io channels for various functions. Meth controller as well! I placed my order today for the HP EFI.

Well for one, the thread is about FAST's EZ-EFI system. Second, cost. That Holley system is a competitor to FAST's XFI system. Third, the EZ-EFI Kit is ready to run in 5 minutes after you install it. Just input a few parameters and turn on the car and never look back.

Look at how much the ECU is: $1650. That almost as much as the entire EZ-EFI kit by itself. The XFI system supports those same features, but totals out near $4k. The Holley ECU is just that, an ECU. You have to buy the necessary auxiliary harnesses to make it work for your application, the proper throttle body, fuel system, etc. The FAST system is either an all new ECU for those that have TPI already for $900 or an all-in-one kit for those of us who have zero desire to tune or run anything outside of NA for $1700 to $2200 depending on whether or not you already have the proper fuel system.

Although, I will give Holley this, their kit is far more adaptable to other mods. But for anyone who has a mechanical trans, and is looking for something better than carb while keeping the standard SBC, and hates the notion of EFI tuning, the EZ-EFI system is for them.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Supreme Member

I dont know where you get your info, i think your looking at whole efi conversions from holley, holleys new efi is also ready to run just like EZ, self learning with wideband, all that good stuff. and I paid 1400 shipped for the ecu+engine harness+ all sensors.
I already have the fuel injection manifold and injectors/fuel delivery of coarse. so yea, its about 500 more, but thats chicken scratch for how much more you get.

self tuning demonstration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwkqj...eature=related
Old 11-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Supreme Member

quoting and fixing to prevent anyone here getting the wrong info from his post above.

Well for one, the thread is about FAST's EZ-EFI system. Second, cost. That Holley system is a competitor to FAST's XFI system. Third, the EZ-EFI Kit is ready to run in 5 minutes after you install it.(So is Holleys) Just input a few parameters and turn on the car and never look back.(same as holley)

Look at how much the ECU is: $1650.(wrong, maybe for the race ready dominator model, but not the street/strip HP model) That almost as much as the entire EZ-EFI kit by itself. The XFI system supports those same features, but totals out near $4k.(I dont care what FASTS system costs) The Holley ECU is just that, an ECU. You have to buy the necessary auxiliary harnesses to make it work for your application, the proper throttle body, fuel system, etc.(its not just an ECU, look up part number 550-601 for example, built for TPI intakes, is an ECU, FULL ENGINE HARNESS, and ALL SENSORS) The FAST system is either an all new ECU for those that have TPI already for $900 (holleys HP EFI is $1449 most places) or an all-in-one kit for those of us who have zero desire to tune or run anything outside of NA for $1700 to $2200 depending on whether or not you already have the proper fuel system.(full holley kits are available as well, STEALTH RAM KIT for example is only ~ $2500)

Although, I will give Holley this, their kit is far more adaptable to other mods. But for anyone who has a mechanical trans, and is looking for something better than carb while keeping the standard SBC, and hates the notion of EFI tuning, the EZ-EFI system is for them.
LIke I said in my own post above, the few hundred dollar difference is worth it for ignition control alone, thats half the benefit of a fuel injection system, adaptability on the fly to engine conditions. Once again, boosting in the future? check. Nitrous or meth injection? Check. coil per plug ? check.
swapping to an ls1/ls2 eventually? holley will swap right onto that as well!
want full a/c functionality? electric fans based on any conditions? i think a few hundred extra bucks is way worth it! and i will tell you how it is in a few weeks
Old 11-22-2010, 11:43 AM

quoting and fixing to prevent anyone here getting the wrong info from his post above.
Links to any of that please?

I found all my info on Holley's website including pricing. Its not listed on Summit or JEGS, so where did you find it and this info?

Further more, why do you feel the need to interject into a thread which is clearly not about your system?

The OP bought the EZ-EFI system and put it on his car and I was curious as to what his experience with the system has been thus far. If I wanted to know about the Holley HP system, I would have started a thread about it!

And just so you don't go crying BS about my info, heres my links:

http://www.holley.com/554-114.asp
http://www.holley.com/types/Dominato...0Harnesses.asp

As for your corrections to my post:

Correction 1: Need link for info to confirm your post
Correction 2: Need link for info to confirm your post
Correction 3: Need link for info to confirm your post
Correction 4 & 5: That search yeilds Holleys own info that states it an ECU & harness only. Summit lists it for $1449. http://www.holley.com/550-601.asp http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-550-601/ The FAST system is everything including the TB for $1700 or everything and a fuel system for $2200.
Correction 6: They start out at $2500 and go up, and they aren't self tuning. http://www.summitracing.com/search/P...m&Ns=Price|Asc

Quit acting like you hold all the answers about EFI. I've researched all the systems except the Holley one throughly and for what I want, the EZ-EFI kit is all I want/need.

Note that the FAST EZ-EFI TPI ECU is an ECU only and it plugs directly into the stock harness. No need for any other work outside of that.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Supreme Member

I think you need to do a little more research as well
Holley has four EFI lines now.
The old Commander 950 model is not self learning.
earlier this year holley released three new EFI LINES ALL SELF LEARNING
the entry level Avenger, the street/strip HP and the full race ready DOMINATOR.
the link you posted, part number 554-114 is the DOMINATOR ECU, which is not what anyone except a race sanctioned only driver would need. All you need is the HP model which is EZ's counterpart.
554-113 is holleys HP ECU ONLY which at summit (http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...=554-113&dds=1) is 900, but theres no reason to buy ecu only, you need the harness too of coarse, so you buy part number 550-601, also found at summit racing (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-550-601/) I also just realized in my link the summit description is wrong, if you look on holleys website, it is a full harness, including ignition and injector harness, and required sensors.
I would post a link as requested but unfortunately, their catalog is only a PDF file.
Maybe this link is a better answer anyways to my truth, (http://www.holley.com/550-601.asp).

in your sixth correction, you linked to the old commander 950 systems. everyone knows they arent self tuning. if you look closer at your own searches, and do the holley HP at the very least, you find these results at summit (http://www.summitracing.com/search/B.../?autoview=SKU) entry level full intake kit is ~2500...
If you were super budget oriented like the EZ appeals too, then go with the AVENGER kit through holley, also self tuning, and a 4bbl kit equivelant to EZ's kit goes for ~2060. (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-550-400/) also self tuning but no timing or boost control, so I dont want to bring that into my argument, just have to state all facts.

Let me make a fair comparison for you. ill compare retrofit kits assuming we all start with tpi for ease here.

FAST EZ-EFI ~900 dollars
  • Self-tuning system — NO tuning experience or laptop needed
  • Includes ECU
  • Includes wire harness
  • Includes wideband 02
  • includes handheld controller

Holley HP EFI ~1449 (http://www.holley.com/550-601.asp)
  • Self-tuning fuel table strategy greatly simplifies tuning process
  • Includes ECU
  • Includes engine harness
  • includes IGNITION harness
  • includes necessary sensors (wideband o2) verified with phone call to holley.

Why is holleys EZ equivelent ~550 dollars more?
  • Turbo boost control
  • Integrated water/methanol injection control
  • Individual cylinder fuel and spark control
  • 1-5 Bar MAP sensor capability
  • 4 Stage nitrous oxide control

In my conclusion, I was just asking how come no one in this topic brought up holleys amazing efi as well as another choice out there that has much more options available
Old 11-22-2010, 01:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 K3500 Fleetside
Engine: RAT *tbi* EBL
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: 3.73-Dana 60

iv told many people about this system and its gotten lots of intrest, esp those that knew tuning a chip was the only route for the TPI if they wanted to mod.
The EBL Flash is by no means or measure "tuning a chip".
Old 11-22-2010, 01:48 PM

I think you need to do a little more research as well
Holley has four EFI lines now.
The old Commander 950 model is not self learning.
earlier this year holley released three new EFI LINES ALL SELF LEARNING
the entry level Avenger, the street/strip HP and the full race ready DOMINATOR.
the link you posted, part number 554-114 is the DOMINATOR ECU, which is not what anyone except a race sanctioned only driver would need. All you need is the HP model which is EZ's counterpart.
554-113 is holleys HP ECU ONLY which at summit (http://www.summitracing.com/search/?...=554-113&dds=1) is 900, but theres no reason to buy ecu only, you need the harness too of coarse, so you buy part number 550-601, also found at summit racing (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-550-601/) I also just realized in my link the summit description is wrong, if you look on holleys website, it is a full harness, including ignition and injector harness, and required sensors.
I would post a link as requested but unfortunately, their catalog is only a PDF file.
Maybe this link is a better answer anyways to my truth, (http://www.holley.com/550-601.asp).

in your sixth correction, you linked to the old commander 950 systems. everyone knows they arent self tuning. if you look closer at your own searches, and do the holley HP at the very least, you find these results at summit (http://www.summitracing.com/search/B.../?autoview=SKU) entry level full intake kit is ~2500...
If you were super budget oriented like the EZ appeals too, then go with the AVENGER kit through holley, also self tuning, and a 4bbl kit equivelant to EZ's kit goes for ~2060. (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-550-400/) also self tuning but no timing or boost control, so I dont want to bring that into my argument, just have to state all facts.

Let me make a fair comparison for you. ill compare retrofit kits assuming we all start with tpi for ease here.

FAST EZ-EFI ~900 dollars
  • Self-tuning system — NO tuning experience or laptop needed
  • Includes ECU
  • Includes wire harness
  • Includes wideband 02
  • includes handheld controller

Holley HP EFI ~1449 (http://www.holley.com/550-601.asp)
  • Self-tuning fuel table strategy greatly simplifies tuning process
  • Includes ECU
  • Includes engine harness
  • includes IGNITION harness
  • includes necessary sensors (wideband o2) verified with phone call to holley.

Why is holleys EZ equivelent ~550 dollars more?
  • Turbo boost control
  • Integrated water/methanol injection control
  • Individual cylinder fuel and spark control
  • 1-5 Bar MAP sensor capability
  • 4 Stage nitrous oxide control

In my conclusion, I was just asking how come no one in this topic brought up holleys amazing efi as well as another choice out there that has much more options available
I stand corrected. Any idea if the Holley system is able to upgrade like the EZ-EFI system:

http://www.fuelairspark.com/ezefi/default.asp

Just get a dual quad manifold, another TB, and a proper fuel pump and you're good for upto 1000hp NA.

Although, the Holley system is a much broader based system that would allow for it to work with more mods, and that can be quite handy for future upgrades not yet thought of.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Supreme Member

updatable as in what you sampled above with the dual quad statement?
I do know that holley supports up to 16 individual injectors, 16 coils, as many o2's as free channels support, in the HP case, that would be the one dedicated o2 channel + the four extra i/o channels.
I dont really think there is any limit otherwise?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89 K3500 Fleetside
Engine: RAT *tbi* EBL
Transmission: TH400
Axle/Gears: 3.73-Dana 60

Yes that ez dual quad is pretty cool...if you put it on a 1200hp engine you might get 1000hp out of it...but I doubt it.

Your completely glossing over the intended lo-po application of ez's system...it's NOT for high-performance or Hot Rods.

The throttle body could be used for a performance application if it were used w/a real ECM like EBL Flash, BigStuff3, Holley HP or Accel DFI.

Last edited by xch3no2; 11-22-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

UPDATE

got tired of waiting on my friend so i called the engineer of hte system to help me install it being he lives 15 mins from me, nice perk.

from cracking the hood to first actual running of the motor it took about 5 or so hrs total.

one tool that will GREATLY help you is having a HELM book, throw the hayes out the window, its color mapping of wires is wrong being each year is a lil different and some things like the oil press sender is re located after 87 and they intergrated some things in the process.

first thing was to get the dizzy installed and that reqs finding which wire is the tach sig and which is the power wire. that should be fairly common among the TPI cars.

the other thing was tieing in the EZ harness into the stock fuel pump system. at first we thought we were going to have to really re wire and splice some thigns but we were actually able to move a few items around and only reqd 1 or 2 wire changesfrom the EZ harness into the GM system. we retained the fuel pump relay and most all of the stock fuel supply so this was easy once we got it figured out.

after that we tapped into the A/C plug so when it comes on the system idles up for the extra load like the stock system.

fans, tapped into the one on my rad support and made one splice there.

after that it was a matter of turning the motor over and getting the timing to 0 and jump testing the fuel pump.

we prompted the hand held and got the basics in place to get it to idle and amazingly it did so with little fuss. the EZ system goes into closed loop at 140 and then starts learning. it will first ask you to set up the TPS and this reqs nothing like setting up stock. you basiclly let it read where its at closed and then it tells you to go WOT and hold and then its done.

it allows you to do other things wth the fueling and other things to make it smoother. my friend did all of that for now but after i get everything sorted out under the hood i'll play around with it and familiarize myself with the rest.

i sugguest when doing this, get everything roughed in under the hood and running, i had NOTHING in place going thru the fire wall or organized as i write this, makes things easier when setting up. this week i'll concentrate on pulling the old injector plugs, TPS, IAC, and other parts of the harness from the system and pinned out befor i put the current system in place.

at the moment i cant tell you if you can completly remove the stock ECM and un plug it totally. i'll sort that out here in the next week or few and post that in my install thread along with pics and what wire is what, where it came from and where it ended up.

as for its running, i was pleased at just the short amount of time we had it running and how quick it settled.

BTW this system will req a basic style dizzy. a standard coil in cap will work but the plug wires will make it tight between the post and back of the plenum. i'll step up to another external style dizzy as this will also make it easier to drop it in and clearance for both the plugs and setting the timing.
you can use the advance which will help on MPG but isnt needed, i'll probably set up an advance on mine but i'll decide that for sure later.

i'll try and answer as many ques as i can but all in all it really was simple, if you know your cars electrical or can make heads or tails of the wire mapping in your HELM book your golden.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 GTA
Engine: 377ci
Axle/Gears: QP Ford 9" 3.70s

You can remove your cars stock ECM. I did it years ago with a Commander 950. You would be hard pressed to tell the car is running an aftermarket ECM, except for the AWSOME idle of my 240 duration cam with a 112 LSA, along with other cool stuff.

Here are things you will need to control one way or another besides engine management.

Speedometer ( I am using a Dakota Digital SGI)
TCC if not running manual trans (B&M makes a handy unit)

Other than that most decent EFI systems have a way to get WB02 wired in, and some will even base control off of them.

Depending on how much cooling you need additional to the radiator you may need other controllers, such as adding powered fans for intercoolers and trans coolers etc.

Multiple stages of nitrous will usually also need additional control strategies.

All these have easy solutions though.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Originally Posted by DAVECS1
You can remove your cars stock ECM. I did it years ago with a Commander 950. You would be hard pressed to tell the car is running an aftermarket ECM, except for the AWSOME idle of my 240 duration cam with a 112 LSA, along with other cool stuff.
being this is a totally different system i cant confirm this for sure.

Here are things you will need to control one way or another besides engine management.

Speedometer ( I am using a Dakota Digital SGI)
TCC if not running manual trans (B&M makes a handy unit
i havent even gotten the car out of the garage so if it works and we havent done anything yet its a bonus, if not then its time to plan on getting it working somehow.

Other than that most decent EFI systems have a way to get WB02 wired in, and some will even base control off of them. [/QUOTE]

this system has a WBo2 built in, this is needed for it to be able to tune correctly.

Depending on how much cooling you need additional to the radiator you may need other controllers, such as adding powered fans for intercoolers and trans coolers etc.
it has a relay and controls to set the fan up and i havent gotten that far yet but i believe you can control both fans with this system.

Multiple stages of nitrous will usually also need additional control strategies.

All these have easy solutions though.
this system you cant use any power adders, as mentioned bafore, thats left up to big brother, the XFI system.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 PM

Great update!!!! Look forward to more goodies info!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

the system is coming out now that its been figured out where everything goes and i'll start laying it in as a driveable form and this is where the write up will actually start.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 89 Iroc street car
Engine: Fitech vortec 400sbc/T5
Transmission: Also 69 Chevelle, Nascar chassis
Axle/Gears: 700hp roadrace track day car

havent had a chance to tackle it yet. both trucks are still down and work moved me to nights this week so that screwed up everything for now. when i get one of my trucks together i'll try and get going on this because im curious to see what iv been lacking in certain areas by not being fully tuned via the old style chip stuff.
any updates here?
Old 12-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

system is doing as it should, best the car has ran since this build has been in the car. the system has taught me alot about my motor and one thing i learned is there is too much compression so i cant throw much timing at it. i could play with the duration on the cam and cure some of ths but im going to freshen up the motor and back the compression down which should make better results.

swapped distributors from a DUI HEI to a remote coil narrow cap DUI and this made the o2 harness happy. the HEI was so noizy it caused issues so for the time i routed the o2 harness in an ugly manner to eliminate the issue and once the remote dizzy went in i could route it behind the motor.

driveability is smooooth.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 910 Likes on 597 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt

Glad you guys are having good luck with the EZ EFI
I have 3 guys with problems
1 doesn't idle worth a crap
1 lost a inj driver within 20mins
1 will not communicate with the hand held and goes into ERR mode. It will start but runs terrible!
I have heard of 2 others with similar issues.
The guy with the idle issue is on the powertour and has talked 20plus people out of the kit. He has had the FAST guys working on it the whole tour. Hoping they got it fixed on the last stop but hes waiting till sat to update me if its working.

Sure all of this could be fixable but isn't it supposed to be EZ ??????
Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

other than the guy with the idle issue, have they called the tech line for tech or repair/replacement options?

the ERR issue, a bad communication cable would be my first thought.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 910 Likes on 597 Posts
Car: 1989-92 FORMULA350 305 92 Hawkclone
Engine: 4++,350 & 305 CIs
Transmission: 700R4 4800 vig 18th700R4 t56 ZF6 T5
Axle/Gears: 3.70 9"ford alum chunk,dana44,9bolt

Oh yeah, dealing with the tech people on the issues and they are nice buuut its not fixing things yet.
The car with the bad inj driver was sent in and fixed and now has idle issues like the rest of them do.
The ERR is being worked on now. I'm hearing a internal short. We thought it would be a cable issue also.
It really needs a way to control timing to make it run better.