DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Coil - Module or ECM ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009 | 05:39 PM

Coil - Module or ECM ?

Hi Everyone my 91 3.0 v6 is starting cold running fine untill it gets to normal operating temp. and then starts stumbling while accelerating ( checked in line pressure guage after stalls and 35 psi. no apperent prop. there ) and dies. Does not want to restart untill cooled off then starts runs and the same shortly again (got it home at least). No Codes, Im thinking coil since I have replaced module and Ecm since at one time it was at a total no start. The ecm replacement had it start right up and run fine but im begining to wonder if it is the same problem coming around again its a reman with my old chip in it, only a month or two old been sitting in my driveway waiting for money to be smoged and sold did all that the numbers were all fine but first real time out up a desent hill and duhhhh. Oh and I did take the dist. out to check it out it was croded on the magnetic points I did clean them all up but the coiled wires below in it did look a little rough nothing disconnected though but making me wonder if thats the breakdown. I did notice that when setting the timing after putting in the new module that when I touched the underside of the dist. around the module area it was screaming hot after a short period of running like almost burned me. Anyway if you can help Thank You, George. Just an update I did have the module checked out at Autozone it works so now it is down to the others.

Last edited by one2burn; 05-16-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Update