DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

What do you think of this ? (Datamaster logfile)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 03:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27
What do you think of this ? (Datamaster logfile)

Hi!

Got some questions to you guys about my logfile.
Was driving for around 1 hours and logged the hole time.
BLM is staying around 120 - 135 but sometimes goes down to 100 and sometimes up to 155.. What do you think of that ?
I got Bosch III 22lbs/hr injectors in her, the car runs pretty good, shall I be worried about BLM going down to 100 and up to 150+ sometimes ?
How will this affect the MPG ?..
I had Ford 19lbs injectors before, Got good MPG and Ive changed to Bosch III because the fords didnt like pressure over 39PSI.. The car idles much smoother with the Bosch III injectors.. Just want it to run well and dont screw something up. So please could you look at the logfiles and tell me what you think ?

TTS Datamaster file (.rar to save place on my homepage) : http://theking.joakimweb.se/z28/tech...08-ANYH-27.rar
Password : irocztts

Im running this BIN file : http://theking.joakimweb.se/z28/rep/bin/ANYH_27.bin

and also for you guys that dont have Datamaster, I converted it to Excel file.. But its much better to read it in TTS Datamaster, its free to use when you just reading logfiles. : http://www.alandsbrodata.ymex.net/scan-8august.xls
Filesize of the excel file : ~13.5MB

Shall I do some tuning with the maf tables to make it closer to 128, sometimes its spot on, and sometimes it goes down/up....

Any ideas ? and in the datamaster file you will see a RPM spike with 6000+ rpm, thats when I try to start her warm/running temp, then the RPM needle jumps from 0 to 7000rpm while cranking then its starts and goes down to the right rpm... what can cause that ? changed ignition module and pickupcoil and its still there... checked al sparkplugwires and cables fron coil to dist, they are all good... any ideas of that one ?
Old 08-09-2008, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 Z.
Engine: 5.7 TPI
Re: What do you think of this ? (Datamaster logfile)

Hi TheKing. Thanks again for the injector advice for me earlier. My Z is running like a top! I also have be watching my BL and integrator values and see similar things/readings. I was about to post something about it and saw your post. I don't think I can log though. I have a red snapon OBD1 reader that shows everthing but I am unfamiliar with it in detail but can see the BL and integrator value along with everything else. Seems like I see the odd values when cruising. Hopefully some one can shed some light on this. Maybe its normal to see some fluctuation. I certainly don't detect any runability probloms across the board on the Z. Maybe our ECM's are still learning *cruise* since it is a LONG TERM situation/control algorythm??
Old 08-09-2008, 01:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC-Z
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: Th700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.27
Re: What do you think of this ? (Datamaster logfile)

You have checked my logfile in datamaster now or ?
the LTERM seems much better in value, my Sterm is going down to 100 and up to 155 sometimes, the LTERM is much more stable.

Maybe ill resett the ECM and make a new run, with no WOT and just cruising to have the computer relearn again ? and see if it helps me out ?

Will wait for some other thoughts and answers before I do anything else, maybe Ill do some more logging and see how that turns out.

Thanks for your response, hopefully theres nothing to worry about but its better to ask and get peoples opinions then break something..