DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

TunerPro Results (BLM & TPS Question)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TunerPro Results (BLM & TPS Question)

Hi all, I picked up a ADSL cable from moates and installed it along with the .ads file I would need to data log. PS Data logging rocks!! I'd like to personally thank Andy for getting me going with TunerPro RT I couldn't understand most of it

ADS file:
updated 1227730.ads (Its a bit strange but in the info section its 90, 91 camaro) I don't know if that is normal that is doesn't say 92 as well.

Ok so I hooked it all up and had the car parked for about 8 minutes or so. The BLM is showing 131 which I believe is above the the norm of 128. I then started checking to see what readings I was getting with the other sensors and I notices NO reading from my TPS (throttle position sensor).

Does this mean my TPS is shot? If that is the case wouldn't the ECM throw a code saying the TPS is bad?

Last edited by castro; 01-30-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:30 PM

Re: TunerPro Results (BLM & TPS Question)

Hi all, Just wanted to see if anyone out there could give me there thoughts on my data file. I actually noticed that the Throttle Postion did have voltage and the TPS% went up when I hit the accelerator. My BLM seems to always get to 131 (should be 128 from what I was told) once the car is warmed up. This log is about 8min with the car parked.

Again I am trying to figure out why my CO emissions where a little bit above what they were suppose to be. Anyone see anything odd? :shrug:

Here is the ADL file (my saved log file) zipped up:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze2bh7m/m...camaro_log.zip
Old 01-30-2008, 10:53 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 83 POS monte carlo 2015 chevy P/U
Engine: 92 5.7 tpi 5.3
Transmission: 700r4 6L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.42 too high

that ADS file doesn't work quite right & isn't complete, go to Moates file manager & in Datastream Definitions find FIRST THRID GEN 1227730.ads & give it a try. this one also has more in it.

nothing really jumped out at me with your log. it doesn't too look bad. the ECM is adding a little bit of fuel which isn't unusual.
because you mentioned your CO is a little high, i take it you failed your emissions test.
any freash air getting into the exhaust can cause the ECM to add fuel, so check for any exhaust leaks before or near the O2 sensor, this includes your AIR injection system.
there should be no air being injected in the manifolds once your in closed loop.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:21 PM

DENN_SHAH, thanks for the reply

I think I used the "updated 1227730.ads" off of that moates directory. I just downloaded the one you recommended, "FIRST THIRD GEN 1227730.ads" I thought this was some for early 3rd Generations by the name it was given. Is there any read me that tells what the differences are in all these .ads files?

Yes I just barely failed emissions for CO emissions. I think the machine had pass was .65 and I had .80. It took awhile on the dyno run for it to finally fail.

Ok so check for any air leaks in and around the intake manifold including the AIR injection system.

Thanks for the tip. PS are there any tricks for testing for air leaks? I am trying to think back when I was young, a guy working on his car mentioned some easy way of spray something to tell if there were air leaks. That was decades ago!

I just noticed that the AFR values in that .ads file are in orange and then turn to red. Is there any special meaning in that?
Old 01-31-2008, 01:32 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 83 POS monte carlo 2015 chevy P/U
Engine: 92 5.7 tpi 5.3
Transmission: 700r4 6L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.42 too high

that ADS file was done by one of the guys here on thirdgen.org, his user name here is FirstThirdGen. he went through all the other ADS files that were out at the time & put it together & i think he fixed a few problems.

i had forgot that some of the ADS files don't do that, the changing colors makes it easier to watch
for changes in the data stream.

you want to look for leaks on the exhaust manifolds, anything that could allow fresh air in the exhaust.
small exhaust leaks can be a pain to find without a smoke machine.
its not too uncommon for the diverter valve on the AIR injection system to start leaking fresh air into the manifolds. you can try unhooking the hose that goes from the valve to the manifolds at the valve & plug it off & see if that
make difference in your BLM & Int readings.

Last edited by DENN_SHAH; 01-31-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:42 AM

Ahhh ok that makes sense. I will look him up on the boards. Maybe there should be a text file on moates that gives that detail so others will know in the future.

A smoke machine is a great idea! Maybe some incense or something else that creates some smoke will work as well. I am going to see if I can come with something. Thanks for the suggestion.