DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

XFI Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 RS (25 th Anniversary)
Engine: 350 Miniram XFI
Transmission: Pro-Built 4L60
Axle/Gears: 3.73
XFI Tuning

I just received my FAST XFI system and haven't opened it or even looked at it. I just want to know from those who use XFI, is it hard to use, I have never tuned before and this will be my first experience, I expect I will learn alot and need to learn even more. What's a good starting point. I have a

5.7L (350) Engine
Aluminium Heads (113 Casting)
1.52 Roller Rockers
Comp Cams CC306 Cam
Hooker 2210 LT Headers
Miniram Intake
58mm Throttlebody
30 lb. Injectors
MSD 6AL Box and Distributor
Old 07-23-2007, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: XFI Tuning

Tuning is not that hard if you have a good understanding and knowledge of fuel injection. Just takes time to get it just rite.

Did you order your XFI with data logging? If not send it back and have it added. This is a very valuable tool to get tune correct. With data logging you can over lay the table and see where the changes need to be. The XFI uses a Wo2 sensor that I have found to be very accurate for tuning.

Did you order the XFI installation and tunning DVD? If not I recommend you order one. It has a lot of useful info for the first timer. I always give my customers one weather we do the install or they are doing it them selfs.

As for where to start there are multiple GCT files already loaded in the XFI. There is one GCT file, 350na30lb that would give you a start. But remember, Every engine is different. There is no drop in plug and play and your off and going. You will have to work with this and it will take time. Good things come with time.

Load the disc that came with your XFI and go to the help tab. Then go to index and start reading and when you get to the bottom read it again. It may look the same as what is on their web site, But there additions on the disc.

Hope this helps.