DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

PULLS CODES BUT NO LIVE DATASTREAM

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PULLS CODES BUT NO LIVE DATASTREAM

I am using a 96' obd II ECM from a Camaro with my LT1 engine swap in my 89 camaro. I had the ECM programed for the engine conbination I am running. The motor starts and runs fine, excet for a crank sensor code.

The problem I am having is that I can pull codes and read pending codes with a scan tool with the engine off / key on. No problems, I even fixed some codes based on the data I retrieved........But when I start the engine to view live datastream I loose communication. It will start to read for just a second and then looses communication. I have re-checked all the wiring I could think of any sugestions???
Old 07-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1987 IROC-Z
Engine: TPIS II Supercharged w/Nitrous
Transmission: 700R4 Probuilt
Axle/Gears: 3:73 Richmond 12 Bolt
Re: PULLS CODES BUT NO LIVE DATASTREAM

I was having something simular to me on my car. I used to run a 165MAF ecm then I converted the car to a 7730 Speed Density. The ECM and Snap-on 2500 worked flawlessly. Then I converted the ecm to a 7749 GMC Typhoon turbo ECM.. Then my scantool wouldn't read, or even pickup any signal. I had to get Vin from any Turbo Car like Grand National, Typhoon, Turbo Sunbird and put that data in the Scan-tool, then everything worked fine. Apparently different Ecm's send out different signals.