DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

TTS Datamaster settings, need linking help

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 09:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TTS Datamaster settings, need linking help

I have a 93 Y Body coupe. I am useing TTS Datamaster 3.41. Yes its old but it works. My laptop is a P4, 3.GHZ blah blah Compaq. I have a com port available when I go to record, but it just recently stopped linking up. I use an AKM serial to USB cable. I looked at the help section on TTS and it is kinda vague, especially when there is an intermittent problem.
Can anyone tell me what they have found to work good with the settings in the Options, Advanced -serial communications timing. I used default, then played with the ALDL timing up to 200mS and no link. I even changed chips within the ECM to see if there was something a miss.
Any advice ona smooth link up that you have found to work with 93 ecms or any useing TTS datamster would be appreciated.
Or, is there something I need to disable. I already disabled the infrared and printer ports. ALso, my laptop doesnt use a mouse, and i have installed and uninstalled the drivers many times.
Thanks in advance, Steve