DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

Megasquirt engine managment install

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 86 truck
Engine: 350 HRS
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.08
Re: Megasquirt engine managment install

Yes, it's a stealth I only used the gaskets even front and rear rails then put rtv to hold them in place and to secure the corners. I always take my time installing the intake and make sure all surfaces are clean. the four ports on the back go to brack booster, fuel pressure regultor, map sensor, and pcv valve.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 PM

I am going to stay out of the ms postings till I can figure this out. I am on "what's wrong". Sorry for intruding.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:13 AM

Car: 1990 iroc sunday driver
Engine: 350 tpi
Transmission: auto
Axle/Gears: stock g92 stuff

few questions.

- do you have to leave the stock ecu plugd into the car to have your stock gauges or can you have MS run everything injectors and all??

- how well does MS work on speed density cars?

- can you shut off or adjust the knock sensor so you can run gear drives? as in cam gears without a chain..

- last what kind of hp numbers are people putting out just being able to adjust and fine tune their cars?? i mean you have to gain some good power even on a stock tpi with MS... the tpi was tuned well stock but i would like to know if anyone got any good numbers just with fine tuning on a stocker.

i have a 1990 speed density car and i put some little things into it... all the stuff people do right away... headers k&ns and i put a smog pump delete... i have the stock O2 in it and accel header plugs with moroso ultra 40 wires... i was told the speed density cars are a pain to tune but this thing runs way crappy... you guys think a wideband O2 and MS will help me fix this pig?

Last edited by 1dopehat; 04-22-2008 at 02:18 AM. Reason: spell check
Old 04-24-2008, 04:44 PM

I was told that it has to run good before installing ms, or the problems will carry over to it. I got a cable from moats, and downloaded tunerpro to diagnose my problems first, it's alot cheeper. I thought too that ms would be able to tell you what's going on. Check out other forum on this site, there is a ton of info, good luck!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Berlinetta
Engine: Megasquirted TPI
Transmission: Transgo 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

Originally Posted by 1dopehat
few questions.

- do you have to leave the stock ecu plugd into the car to have your stock gauges or can you have MS run everything injectors and all??

- how well does MS work on speed density cars?

- can you shut off or adjust the knock sensor so you can run gear drives? as in cam gears without a chain..

- last what kind of hp numbers are people putting out just being able to adjust and fine tune their cars?? i mean you have to gain some good power even on a stock tpi with MS... the tpi was tuned well stock but i would like to know if anyone got any good numbers just with fine tuning on a stocker.

i have a 1990 speed density car and i put some little things into it... all the stuff people do right away... headers k&ns and i put a smog pump delete... i have the stock O2 in it and accel header plugs with moroso ultra 40 wires... i was told the speed density cars are a pain to tune but this thing runs way crappy... you guys think a wideband O2 and MS will help me fix this pig?
MS is speed density in the first place.

It controls all the engine functions and eliminates the stock computer. It will not control EGR functions though.

IT has a knock sensor input, but you don't have to use it. IN fact, you need to build the circuit on the board to make use of it.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:37 PM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 6.3L Megasquirted HSR
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.70 Posi 9 bolt

Originally Posted by Toehead
IT has a knock sensor input, but you don't have to use it. IN fact, you need to build the circuit on the board to make use of it.
I posted up a question about that one the MS boards. Back when I was in the DSM crowd, all the turbo guys basically relied on the knock sensor readings to tune. I never asked if using a WB O2 would basically accomplish the same thing. Im probablly gonna end up installing one on mine, just becasue Ive got an 10.75:1 steel headed 383, and I dont wanna have to run race gas just to drive it work work every now and then. Still up in the air though, I havent heard of anyone installing one on a car, only bench testing.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1985 Berlinetta
Engine: Megasquirted TPI
Transmission: Transgo 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42

I have the knock sensor working on mine.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:01 AM

Car: 89 RS
Engine: 6.3L Megasquirted HSR
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.70 Posi 9 bolt

shweet! How hard was it, pretty straight forward? I remember seeing a writeup somewhere deep in the MS files, cant remember how involded it was