DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

F.a.s.t. Xfi............

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F.a.s.t. Xfi............

How many of you are interested in the new F.A.S.T. XFI EFI system?..........................

As some of you know, Fuel Air Spark Technologies (F.A.S.T.) just released a new EFI system to replace the aging system that was introduced 3-4 years ago. This new system, called XFI, combines the bank-to-bank and sequential options into one ECU and has added a variety of new features. I am writing this thread in an attempt to gauge member interest in the new XFI system. I put my order in before its original release date of April 15, so I will be one the first private individuals to use it. I ordered the sequential w/WBO2 option for use in a 415c.i. procharged motor. How many of you would like to for me to document the installation and give feedback on how well it works.
XFI Link......
Old 04-21-2005, 10:39 PM

Car: 1971 Corvette
Engine: 6.0 LS1 L92 heads sheet metal etc.
Transmission: M21 4-speed
Axle/Gears: 3.36
I would. I just put a big stuff on my truck so I am interested in offerings from other companies as well.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: GTA -89
Engine: Blown 415"
Transmission: 4L80E
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt
Feedback is always nice...

Still no OEM has convinced me give up GM ECM's.......but you never know...

Nice combo you have 415cui and procharger
Old 04-23-2005, 03:10 AM

Research, research, re...........

At this point, I too was a difficult sale on a equivalent replacement to the original GM ECM. Just thought it was time to step up to a WBO2 system with low impedence injector drivers, dry nitrous control, sequential injection, individual cylinder trim (fuel and spark), 5 bar map sensor (originally MAF) capability, datalogging, boost control, and built in diagnostics (SES light and basic trouble codes). I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but these are just a few of the reasons I am going this route. Oh, I forgot to mention all the other basic functions of the original ECM are covered as well (AC, speed sensor, knock sys, TCC, fans, etc). I've been running a 355 cid P1SC Procharged motor for the past year. It has been fun, but I really wanted more the day after my first test drive. I added 100hp N20 kit, but that was only a temporary fix. Currently, I'm building an AFR, HSR, F1R, N2O, 415 cid engine. In fact, I received my CNC Bowtie block (P.N. 12480174) last week. I'm taking all the parts to Reher Morrison Racing Engines in Arlington, Texas for a quality build. Money is practically no object, I just wanted to see if all the worshipped products common to other threads could really make power. I'm looking for BIG power on pump gas (800 FWHP) and BIGGER power on racing fuel. Before I'm asked, yes I intend to run this on the street (limited to cruising and weekends). On Monday I'll attach some pictures of what the induction system will look like. I will be more than happy to answer any questions regarding part selection or basic design (just don't ask about how much it will cost). Later........
Old 04-24-2005, 09:39 AM
Supreme Member

Car: GTA -89
Engine: Blown 415"
Transmission: 4L80E
Axle/Gears: Strange 12-bolt
Sounds like XFi is a good system........let me know how it goes, I'm going to tune my 415+HSR+F1 with GM ECU this year atleast...

Always good to have a second coice if the first dont work out.......

ps: I run p/h and WB eith GM ECU but thats a diff story/thread...

good luck!
Old 04-27-2005, 02:20 AM
Z69
Supreme Member

At your dollar level, ever thought about turbo(s)?

Little 331 fords make in the 900hp range on a single T76 tubo and 19psi. Haven't done the math, but a 415 should do it at 15psi or less. And be completely streetable. Price only goes way up when you start having others fab the exhaust up and/or use 321 SS.

And it's only a matter of time before the WB controlled GM ecm code is out. Might be later rather than sooner, but it will come out. Lots of people have it already. Just no one has made it public.
Hard to beat a $25 ecm...... Well I guess it takes closer to 100x that amt. anyway.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:34 AM

Have you got your XFI yet? I am on order for one but hasen't shown up yet. Just seeing how its going. thanks
Old 08-12-2005, 10:09 AM

XFI still in the box

I received my F.A.S.T. XFI system two weeks before I made my original post. I just haven't been in a position to install/use it yet (i.e. fuel system upgrades, bigger supercharger, chasis work, etc.). At this point I am still working on finishing the engine. Reher-Morrison has had difficulty getting the new valvetrain parts--the TD shaft rocker setup, Cam Motion solid roller cam, and custom Jesel belt drive with BBC crank pulley. The F1R cog race kit through ASSC should arrive next week, so the build is gaining steam. By the end of the month, I should have a better idea of when the car will be up and running. Tentatively, I have scheduled the engine dyno test/tune at Reher-Morrison for week of Sept. 12th. Stay tuned!