DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

TPI Accel engine management system??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 92 1500p\u 2wd
Engine: 91 z28 tpi 355
Transmission: 91 700r4
TPI Accel engine management system??

i was lookin into burnin my own proms when i can across this product, Accel engine management system directly connects to the ecu of your f body, This power processor is completely reprogramable. Once connected to your Tpi car it can set fuel curves and timing tables. You can adjust your air fuel ratio. It has 2 stage nitrous tables........... does anyone have this, or know more about it, how does it work, does it take place of burning proms? will it work with my 91 tpi 5.7 motor from a z28, its in my 92 chevy truck now. the motor has a bigger cam, roller rockers, flat top pistions, 24lbs, afpr, high-flow tpi setup, and i have a nx nitrous kit i would like to run somday, the truck have a rebuilt 700r4 trans, what do you all think about this itom, will it help me to get the motor runnin the way it should without burining proms also?
Old 04-29-2005, 07:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The Power Processor was the little brother of the Gen 6 Accel DFI. It piggy-backed on the factory ECU. Not too sure about the unit you have but the Power Processors I've had only controlled the fuel maps. The lack of altering timing maps was the weak point of it unless you added in a third party timing control. You have to work around the base timing the factory ECU is throwing. Tuning the Power Processor fuel maps is exactly like tuning the full Gen 6 DFI. For what the Power Processor is...I think it's a great unit and the direction Accel DFI's should have went.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:38 PM
Z69
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tuning will be very similar process wise regardless of which system you use. Difference will be in who you ask for help.
The chip burning process is rather simple once you learn.
Couple more hoops to jump through is all.
The money spent on the Accel system would cover the burning equipment I'd think. Which could then be used on multiple vehicles.
Note that the Accel system was discontinued and the ECM in your car was used in millions of cars.
Yeah yeah, they upgraded... took em long enough to get close to factory code tunability.