DFI and ECM Discuss all aspects of DFI (Digital Fuel Injection), ECMs (Electronic Control Module), scanners, and diagnostic equipment. Fine tune your Third Gen computer system for top performance.

New to WINALDL need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 91 RS
Engine: 305 (lo3) T.B.I
Transmission: TH700R4/B&M shift kit
New to WINALDL need help

hi everone!im new to using winaldl but i have built my own cable and i have been able to get the program to receive data. I would like to know how im supposed to be able to read the log files.i have opened it as a text file and i cant get how im supposed to read it.can anyone tell me how i can read the log files correctly.and i would also like to know if someone could look at my log file and tell me if they see any problems that i have overlooked.from the live data i was watching i could see no problem.i want to learn how to read the log files for myself ,but for the time being it would save me some trouble if someone could take a look at the log and let me know if there is a bad problem with somtething.lastly if anyone needs help building a winaldl cable im sure i could be of service.i spent many hours testing different methods and parts,im sure i can save someone some time.thanks everyone
thirdgen.org kicks @$$
Old 10-30-2003, 01:24 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '99 Trans Am, '86 Camaro
Engine: LS1, Scrap
Transmission: T56, T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Stock ZT, 3.42 Open
Easiest way to read the logs is using Microsoft Excel or any other spreadsheet software which is willing to accept comma-delimited spreadsheets. save a working copy and start deleting the columns of data you don't need in order to make it easier to scan through. If the software has graphing capability, once you've cut the data down to your suspect streams, graph the sheet for an easy view of where things are going wrong...
Old 11-01-2003, 05:08 AM

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 305 (lo3) T.B.I
Transmission: TH700R4/B&M shift kit
Hey thank you for your reply TECHSMURF!!I got a copy of exel and im learning how to use it to read the logs.There is one question i would like to ask now that i have got this far, on the sensor data tab what do the numbers after knock counter,BLM,and rich lean counter mean?and do you know of a user guide for winaldl other than the crash course guide jonas provides on his site??thanks again