Cooling Discuss all of the aspects of cooling that you can think of! Radiators, transmissions, electric fans, etc.

overheating problem.. heater matrix??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 04:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
overheating problem.. heater matrix??

Hi
I've been working on a car which had an overheating problem which ruined the engine. I thought the problem was caused by a blocked heater matrix. The engine has now been replaced, the garage say they flushed out the heater matrix....

I found that even after the engine being replaced the heating in the car (even on max) is only slightly warm, never hot. I tested the pipes going in and coming out of the heater matrix. One is double as hot as the other.

Am I right in assuming that there must be a blockage inside the heater matrix causing the water not to flow around the system, that causing the overheating problem and what ruined the old engine??? -and the barley warm heat in the car? -The water pump has been replcaced too, brand new.

I've not replcaced the heater matrix -before I spend money on that, could an air lock in another part of the system (ie radiator?? -as the engine is a replacement) cause the problem??

thanks
Old 04-05-2004, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 89 Irocz
Engine: 350TPI $6E
Transmission: 700R4
It's really not possible for the heater circuit to cause the engine to overheat. You must have something else wrong.