Cooling Discuss all of the aspects of cooling that you can think of! Radiators, transmissions, electric fans, etc.

Still having probelms...Overheats...Read Willy's and Breathment's & Still there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still having probelms...Overheats...Read *****'s and Breathment's & Still there?

Hello one and all..

I have spent the better part of a week printing out and reading all cures for the dual fan set-up for a 91 Z28 305 TPI.Here Goes:
Car overheated after winter storage,took to shop had all items checked,flushed and pressure tested.Found it had weak fuel pressure regulator replaced it as well.Drove home (city driving, 98 Degree day) and got about 5 miles sitting at stop light with out air on and temp gauge started to peg.I have read the main fan will not come on till 238 ?.Anyway the light turned green ,turned the air on and after a couple of blocks it went down to 210-220.
Bought a 180 degree thermostat today and put it in,check water pump flow and replaced radiator and bottle cap.Put new coolant in and waited about 10 mins and it went up to the mark just before red.My questions are : Which fan is main ,driver side or pass side.The only one that ever came on today was the left (driver side) after I turned on the air.The right side (pass side) never came on at all.If the right side is the main ? what temp will it come on ? Bad relay or temp sender? perhaps? Last year the vehicle never overheated ? But I never paid attention to the fans before. Is there a easy way to have right fan on when the key is turned on ( Never drive in winter ) at all times? (Asuming it works)
..Any help would be great !
91 Z28 305 TPI auto 92000 miles ,Airdam in place.(Anyone want to buy it ? hahahah

Thank you in advance !
snidelywhplsh
Old 09-01-2003, 03:27 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drivers side is main (primary)
passengers side is secondary (aux.)
Attached Thumbnails Still having probelms...Overheats...Read Willy's and Breathment's & Still there?-fandiag.jpg  
Old 09-01-2003, 03:27 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Attached Thumbnails Still having probelms...Overheats...Read Willy's and Breathment's & Still there?-fanrelaydiag.jpg