Convertibles Discussed here are problems and solutions to convertible specific questions, including difficult to find part numbers and other convertible tech help.

ASC Convertibles Facebook Group

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Trans Am Convertible
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73
ASC Convertibles Facebook Group

Hello Everyone,

I own several ASC (American Specialty Corp) Convertible vehicles (1991 Trans Am Convertible, Chevrolet SSR and Pontiac Sunbird Convertible). i was having a tough time finding, showcasing and sharing information about our ASC cars online in one place. I decided to make an a Facebook group dedicated to our ASC converted or made vehicles. Its called "ASC Convertibles and Information" I envision the group as a place to showcase cars, ask and answer technical questions about our cars and a place to post information specific to our convertibles or any vehicles converted by ASC. Feel free to join if you like!
The following 2 users liked this post by pontiac_4_ever:
chazman (Yesterday), TTOP350 (Yesterday)
Old Today, 09:03 AM

Received 69 Likes on 29 Posts
Car: 1989 IROC vert UMI sus w/1LE brakes
Engine: 1990 ZR1 LT 5, alum flywheel
Transmission: Tick built T56
Axle/Gears: 3.7 Borg Warner
Re: ASC Convertibles Facebook Group

Interesting, I thought that was the intent of our thirdgen forum. So basically your promoting a competitor to our forum "Facebook".
Old Today, 10:23 AM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Car: 1991 Trans Am Convertible
Engine: 5.0 TPI

I apricate your comment, To clarify I am not trying or wanting to compete with anyone or any platform. As most of us know ASC made a long list of convertible conversions for General Motors (Camaros/Firebird,Cavalier/Sunbirds,Corvette) as well as top conversions for Ford (Mustang), Dodge (Shadow and Dakota Pickup), BMW Z3, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Range Rover and Chevrolet SSR Pickups. Information and knowledge is important with our love of cars and the low production numbers of these vehicles, not not to mention the difficulty in finding convertible specific parts and fixes. There are specific forums that cover specific models, like this one but no place that I have found that has a specific place for people with any ASC car to share information. I just wanted share the Facebook page as a place for everyone that has an ASC converted convertible (all makes and models) to share information, fixes, how tos., to keep our amazing vehicles on the road and giving us the joy driving them!
Old Today, 12:16 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 166 Likes on 120 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73

I don't see it as direct competition. I've found more information and diagrams for my convertible top on a Fiero forum than anywhere else. More info is fine with me.
Old Today, 02:10 PM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 345 Likes on 281 Posts
Car: 89RS vert
Engine: Erod
Transmission: 4L65e
Axle/Gears: BW, 3.27

Got a link?
Old Today, 02:44 PM

Location: Franklin, KY near Beech Bend Raceway, Corvette Plant and Museum.
Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts
Car: 1992 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 5.0L L03 TBI

I searched for it too and could not find it either.

A link would be nice as long as the forum doesn't swallow it up. Seems lately it's been hard to post links to anything on Facebook here. Kind of hit or miss on the links.
Old Today, 02:50 PM
JT
Community Administrator
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 268 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Airwolfe
I searched for it too and could not find it either.

A link would be nice as long as the forum doesn't swallow it up. Seems lately it's been hard to post links to anything on Facebook here. Kind of hit or miss on the links.
This is not due to Moderation, atleast to my knowledge. However, I do feel a slight concern over promoting away from ThirdGen as another member noted.

The only issue with Facebook links hit or miss that I know of is hot-linking pictures. That's on Facebook and it's shared settings, to my understanding.
Old Today, 03:04 PM

Location: Franklin, KY near Beech Bend Raceway, Corvette Plant and Museum.
Received 214 Likes on 157 Posts
Car: 1992 Pontiac Firebird
Engine: 5.0L L03 TBI

I figured it was maybe some kind of weird bug. I can get stuff all setup and ready to post and it works just fine when I use Preview Post but when I actually post the Facebook stuff just disappears. I figured something changed on one end or the other and it got broken somehow.
Old Today, 03:50 PM
JT
Community Administrator
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 268 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Airwolfe
I figured it was maybe some kind of weird bug. I can get stuff all setup and ready to post and it works just fine when I use Preview Post but when I actually post the Facebook stuff just disappears. I figured something changed on one end or the other and it got broken somehow.
If you want to provide an example, I will look into it. This is assuming everything from Facebook's creator is set up to public/shared. That said, it almost sounds like there is more to it. The preview doesn't really invoke the "embedded" feature we use so it's possible there's something wrong.