Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

SCAMMER ALERT

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2024, 01:23 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1987 Z28 Convertible
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 5-speed
SCAMMER ALERT

We have a member on our website who tried to scam me. I'll try to be as brief as I can but the story is complicated. He lives in Canada.

He messaged me for help obtaining parts for his convertible. We exchanged phone numbers and email addresses. He was searching for a 1987 convertible rear brake lamp. I told him I have two, one is not for sale but willing to sell the other, which had two lens cracks. I took detailed pics so he could see. I also asked if he needed the lamp bracket. He said yes, but I had only one. So I offered to fab a bracket and use my car to make sure it would fit correctly. Yes, this involved taking my spoiler off.

Both parts for $100 plus shipping. He gave me a cost of ~$10 but it ended up costing almost $25. He sent $110 with Paypal. I said to not worry about the additional shipping cost. Parts were shipped and delivered. Never heard back. Assumed everything was good..... until....

I received an email from Paypal that the buyer had disputed the purchase with Visa. He claimed, "I never bought the parts." If this were honest, he should have contacted me and I would have refunded him when I receive a tracking number for the parts return. Again, I never heard from him. It is glaringly obvious that he wanted the parts but did not want to pay for them. Personally, I've been scammed before and when I have disputed a charge, Visa requests that I (the purchaser) make three attempts to contact the seller to resolve the issue. This says the buyer lied to Visa.

I then supplied Paypal a transcript of our text messages. This proves the buyer purchased the parts, package delivered and he willingly paid for them.

I went out of my way in more ways than one with parts that are impossible to find and this is what he does.... All for a measly $100.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH:
George DeMelo
"Cheesehomer"

I pray that every time he looks at the third brake lamp on his car, he thinks of the lies he told to get it..... but someone like him does not have a conscience. A despicable example for a human being.