Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

Dont do any business with erummel.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: Trans am GTA 1990
Engine: 383
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: stock
Dont do any business with erummel.

I bought the Hawks headers with matching Y-pipe from Eric that wasnt matching at all.
The thread said. "Hawks Thirdgen 1-3/4" Long Tube Headers with 2-1/2" collector and 3" Y pipe $850 (never been used). This includes the Y pipe and associated hardware. There is a dimple in the #3 tube to provide clearance for the spark plug. These headers normally run $1049 before shipping."

When I opened the box I noticed that I got a headers with 3" collector and 2.5" intermediate pipe and it is very hard to install a 2.5" intermediate pipe to a 3" collector. When I mention that to Eric and even showed him pictures of it he said that I must have the intermediate pipes backwards and after that he told me that The clamps should be sufficient to close things up??? close up a 1/2inch with a clamp?
He also wrote "There is a dimple in the #3 tube to provide clearance for the spark plug"
First, the dimple was on the #1 tube not the #3 and it wasnt a little dimple, half the pipe was smashed. Here are pictures of the "dimple" http://cid-7a06729d03062ecf.skydrive...e.aspx/exhaust

Before I bought them I asked:
Is it hard to change spark plugs without remove the headers? are the fitting good? do I have to change anything to make them fit?

He answered:
Since the headers were never on a running motor I never had the opportunity to change the plugs however those i know that have the same headers have stated that they did not need to loosen or remove either header to get the plugs out...be aware that all the people I have talked with had angle plug heads. if you dont have that type you may need to loosen one or both the headers.

And when I asked if he had to smash the pipe to half he answered:
The dimple was needed because even with the shortest plug available there still was not enough room to get the spark plug boot onto the spark plug. Even putting the plug boot on the plug first made it impossible to get the headers to bolt up completely. Hmmm ok.

Bruce at Hawks had another opinion.
Hi,
These headers will fit angle or straight plug heads the straight plug offers better clearance, I have some guys with angle tell me they had to get a SHORTER plug to gain extra clearance. Let me know if I can help you further.
Thanks,
Bruce Hawkins
www.hawksthirdgenparts.com
864-855-2694

I really tried to make things right, I told him that the headers didnt fit and he told me that he didnt have any support if I had something to say I should contact Hawks. I tried to say that I had not bought these from Hawks, I bought them from him and he would fix it and then clear it with Hawks, but nono he wouldent. Finally I told him that we had 3 choices:
1. I'll send the headers and y-pipe back to you and you'll pay me back my money and expensives for shipping US-->SWE-->US
2. I'll send back the Y-pipe to you and you send me a Y-pipe that fits the headers and same here you pay for shipping.
3. I take the Y-Pipe to a welder so he can weld on a stainless step-up pipe from 2.5"-->3" on the intermediate pipes so they fit to the collector. And this is going to cost minimum $100 that I would like you to refund to me. You can use paypal.

If I had sold anything like that I would have choosed nr3 ofcourse. But nono

He answered:
As for the choices there are only two. 1) You use the parts and either contact Hawks for tech support or you dont. 2) Take the exhaust system to a welder and have them do whatever you want at your cost.

I will not be taking anything back. There will be no refunds from me. All sales are final.

I have bought many thing from many forums I have never experience a more dishonest person ever. If things are not as they should be you fix it. I'v always do that. But to extend it further and say:
"I mocked up the entire system on my car and everything fit fine." Yea right, look at this film and say that it would fit fine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INigj27JucQ
I would not recommend this seller ever.
And for your comment.
"As far as obligations to sell the right things, I sold you everything I advertised."
No you did not, you advertised 2-1/2 collector and I got 3" collector which means that the intermediate pipe dont fit. Try to understand that

Last edited by stinger32; 02-27-2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: .
Old 03-03-2010, 12:58 PM

Car: 92 Z28
Engine: aint got no engine right now
Transmission: need one of those
Re: Dont do any business with erummel.

Just so everyone can have the entire story here are Jimmies (stinger32) exchanges with me before he bought the headers, intermediate pipes, and Y pipe.

Re: headers
I dont think I have another choice, You checked the ups and they charged $700 or something. And you didnt want to use the USPS so the florida address is the only one left. I dont know how secure that is I have never used them before.
Regards
Jimmie
[quote=erummel]Jimmie
We can do that; we have a deal. Do you still want them shipped to the Florida address?

Eric

[quote=stinger32]Nonono Eric.
I think we have a missunderstanding here and I'm beginning to understand your fear of not getting any money.
Paypal do not hold the money, I trust you, you seems like an honest person so I'm planning to make a direct transfer to you thrue paypal and you aint sending any headers until the money are on your account. So in reality you get the money and then you send the headers. is that ok?
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
Originally Posted by erummel
Jimmie
If every single message you have sent and if I ship the way you tell me too the reality of things is that PayPal will not release the money if you dont get the headers. And if you dont get the headers and I have only declared their value to be equal to $100 then I will only get $100 from the insurance.

I am protecting myself and that is how it has to be. If you want the headers I will declare the value I need to so that I can replace them if they are lost or damaged; that is good business sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger32
Hi again Eric.
Thats sad, and I can not understand why. If I want to buy thoose headers from you and I pay you $850, I tell you how you will ship and what amount you shall declare as value How could you take a financial risk? It is I who take the financial risk, you'v allready got the money for the headers before you ship them. Do you really think I can blame you then if the package gets lost, when you have done exactly as I said? And you also have every single message that I'v sent about this as backup so your back is cleared. I say it again I will not hold you responsible if the package gets lost after you shipped it You have my word on that.
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
Jimmie
Im going to pass. If I have to declare a value that is less then what the product is worth Im potentially putting myself in a bad financial position.

Sorry if this is problem for you but I need to protect myself financially.

E

Quote:
Hi Eric.
Do we have a deal or what?
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
Jimmie
I did talk with the shipping department and they did say that if I declared a value of $100 and something happened to the parts (i.e. damaged, lost, etc) then I would only be paid $100. That is a bit of a problem for me.

What happens if the shipment doesn't arrive to you? You will be legally able to get your payment back and all I would get is $100.

If I have to declare a value then I need to protect myself and declare the value needed to replace the headers. Im sorry if this is a problem for you but I hope you understand my position.

You should check with the place that will be forwarding the parts to you and see if they can help with the declared shipping value.

E

Quote:
Hi Eric.
How did it go today? Have you had any time to check if it was possible to put $100 as declared value?
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
My employer is not open on the weekends. I cant get any shipping info until Monday. I guess you are going to have to decide what headers you want. If you decide to buy from the auction I completely understand.

E

Quote:
Forgot to add, Monday will be a little late I would like an answer latest tomorrow because if we have a no go I'm missing the auction on the Dougs that ends Sunday.
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
I need to check with the shipping department at work to see if I have to declare the value for the insurance on the package or if its included as part of the contract between my employer and UPS. I will have an answer for you on Monday.

E

Quote:
If you could shrink the box 1 inch the dimensional weight is the same as the real weight and I can raise my bid to $850 including the shipping to Florida. Yes I forgot that you doesnt need to fill in the customs declaration papers but you still need to put in a value to UPS right for the inshurance? And that has to be $100 otherwise this will become my worst deal ever. Deal?
Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
Jimmie,

20% to 30% is considered a normal discount and if you look at the numbers, my price is about 20% less than what I paid.

Yes they have been posted for over 2 months but so has the Mini Ram with F-body feul rails, Vig torque converter, mini starter, and other miscellanous items. What you dont know is that I have already lowered the price on everyone once before.

Stainless headers can be coated.

The box is as small as I can make it so it will be accepted for shipping, 36x24x18.

If I'm shipping to Florida I don't need to fill out customs papers that would be the responsibility of the place forwarding the package to you.

I have to hold firm on the price, sorry. Its $850 plus shipping for everything to Florida.

Quote:
Hi Eric.
I dont know if $200 of the listed new-price is "taking a big loost" when you sell something even if its never used. They cost $799 new so for me I'm paying $51 for something I'm not going to use.
20-30% are the normal discount when selling used stuff even if its newer used and sometimes more than that for some1 to buy it. And it doesnt seems like they are easy to sell either, the thread is over 2 month old and they are still left so I dont think the price is all that good, if it was, then they would have been gone by now. But I agree that they seem to have a little better ground clearence and will last almost forever but they will produce warmer air in the engineroom than coated headers. Can stainless headers be coated? Have you tried to shrink the box? how much? If you can write $100 as value on the customs declaration papers I can give you $800 for them including the shipment to Florida. How does that sound?
Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
Jimmie
The price listed in the add is really the best I can do. I am already taking a big loss on them as it is.

The thing to remember with the Hawk Longtubes is that they fit better than any other header out there. They hug the bottom of the car very well and provide a great deal of ground clearance.

They are not coated but being made from the 304 Stainless Steel they will last pretty much forever.

Take your time and think about it and let me know.

Eric
Old 03-03-2010, 01:02 PM

...and some more...

Hi Eric.
Perfekt and please dont forget to put $200 as decleared value so they can read it clearly so they dont put in another value.

The address is:
Jimmie Knutas
1905 60th Place E.
Suite H9540
Bradenton, FL 34203
Phone 941 538-6941

Please tell me when its ready to ship, so we can arrange the payment.
Regards
Jimmie

[quote=erummel]Jimmie
I will get them boxed up and ready to ship in the next day or two (work is really dominating most of my time right now). When they are ready to ship I will let you know and then you can put the funds into my PayPal account.

Eric

[quote=stinger32]I dont think I have another choice, You checked the ups and they charged $700 or something. And you didnt want to use the USPS so the florida address is the only one left. I dont know how secure that is I have never used them before.
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
Jimmie
We can do that; we have a deal. Do you still want them shipped to the Florida address?

Eric

Quote:
Nonono Eric.
I think we have a missunderstanding here and I'm beginning to understand your fear of not getting any money.
Paypal do not hold the money, I trust you, you seems like an honest person so I'm planning to make a direct transfer to you thrue paypal and you aint sending any headers until the money are on your account. So in reality you get the money and then you send the headers. is that ok?
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
Jimmie
If every single message you have sent and if I ship the way you tell me too the reality of things is that PayPal will not release the money if you dont get the headers. And if you dont get the headers and I have only declared their value to be equal to $100 then I will only get $100 from the insurance.

I am protecting myself and that is how it has to be. If you want the headers I will declare the value I need to so that I can replace them if they are lost or damaged; that is good business sense.

Quote:
Hi again Eric.
Thats sad, and I can not understand why. If I want to buy thoose headers from you and I pay you $850, I tell you how you will ship and what amount you shall declare as value How could you take a financial risk? It is I who take the financial risk, you'v allready got the money for the headers before you ship them. Do you really think I can blame you then if the package gets lost, when you have done exactly as I said? And you also have every single message that I'v sent about this as backup so your back is cleared. I say it again I will not hold you responsible if the package gets lost after you shipped it You have my word on that.
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
Jimmie
Im going to pass. If I have to declare a value that is less then what the product is worth Im potentially putting myself in a bad financial position.

Sorry if this is problem for you but I need to protect myself financially.

E

Quote:
Hi Eric.
Do we have a deal or what?
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
Jimmie
I did talk with the shipping department and they did say that if I declared a value of $100 and something happened to the parts (i.e. damaged, lost, etc) then I would only be paid $100. That is a bit of a problem for me.

What happens if the shipment doesn't arrive to you? You will be legally able to get your payment back and all I would get is $100.

If I have to declare a value then I need to protect myself and declare the value needed to replace the headers. Im sorry if this is a problem for you but I hope you understand my position.

You should check with the place that will be forwarding the parts to you and see if they can help with the declared shipping value.

E

Quote:
Hi Eric.
How did it go today? Have you had any time to check if it was possible to put $100 as declared value?
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
My employer is not open on the weekends. I cant get any shipping info until Monday. I guess you are going to have to decide what headers you want. If you decide to buy from the auction I completely understand.

E

Quote:
Forgot to add, Monday will be a little late I would like an answer latest tomorrow because if we have a no go I'm missing the auction on the Dougs that ends Sunday.
Regards
Jimmie
Quote:
I need to check with the shipping department at work to see if I have to declare the value for the insurance on the package or if its included as part of the contract between my employer and UPS. I will have an answer for you on Monday.

E

Quote:
If you could shrink the box 1 inch the dimensional weight is the same as the real weight and I can raise my bid to $850 including the shipping to Florida. Yes I forgot that you doesnt need to fill in the customs declaration papers but you still need to put in a value to UPS right for the inshurance? And that has to be $100 otherwise this will become my worst deal ever. Deal?
Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
Jimmie,

20% to 30% is considered a normal discount and if you look at the numbers, my price is about 20% less than what I paid.

Yes they have been posted for over 2 months but so has the Mini Ram with F-body feul rails, Vig torque converter, mini starter, and other miscellanous items. What you dont know is that I have already lowered the price on everyone once before.

Stainless headers can be coated.

The box is as small as I can make it so it will be accepted for shipping, 36x24x18.

If I'm shipping to Florida I don't need to fill out customs papers that would be the responsibility of the place forwarding the package to you.

I have to hold firm on the price, sorry. Its $850 plus shipping for everything to Florida.

Quote:
Hi Eric.
I dont know if $200 of the listed new-price is "taking a big loost" when you sell something even if its never used. They cost $799 new so for me I'm paying $51 for something I'm not going to use.
20-30% are the normal discount when selling used stuff even if its newer used and sometimes more than that for some1 to buy it. And it doesnt seems like they are easy to sell either, the thread is over 2 month old and they are still left so I dont think the price is all that good, if it was, then they would have been gone by now. But I agree that they seem to have a little better ground clearence and will last almost forever but they will produce warmer air in the engineroom than coated headers. Can stainless headers be coated? Have you tried to shrink the box? how much? If you can write $100 as value on the customs declaration papers I can give you $800 for them including the shipment to Florida. How does that sound?
Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
Jimmie
The price listed in the add is really the best I can do. I am already taking a big loss on them as it is.

The thing to remember with the Hawk Longtubes is that they fit better than any other header out there. They hug the bottom of the car very well and provide a great deal of ground clearance.

They are not coated but being made from the 304 Stainless Steel they will last pretty much forever.

Take your time and think about it and let me know.

Eric
Old 03-03-2010, 01:03 PM

and even more....

Classifieds Rating: (1)

Re: Headers.
Hi again Eric.
I did the same on US Postal service and typed the values you said and got $177 http://ircalc.usps.gov/MailServices....1&m=6&p=50&o=0 Can you check that?

Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
Jimmie
I went back and had the shipping estimated again for a 50lbs box, dimensions of 36"x24"x24", and the shipping actually increased. This time is came to $737 US.

Feel free to go to the UPS website and verify for yourself. I would be shipping from Norcross, GA zip code 30092.

Eric

Quote:
Hi again Eric.
No problem. I think you have estimated the shipping to high. I checked how much the shipping for Hooker LT from summit would cost to Sweden and they wanted $272 with both UPS and DHL They dont have US Postal service anymore, I dont know why, because they are much cheaper than UPD and DHL. I also checked out http://www.top-downsolutions.com/ he is selling Dyno Dons headers and he use US Postal Service and want $179,55 for the headers and Y-pipe, the specified weight is 1x49lbs Can you please check and give me a superprice I cant resist for your headers including shipping.
Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
Jimmie
I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I have been dealing with a family issue and have only now been able to get an estimate on shipping.

The least expensive estimate (and that is just an estimate) is $505 US.

Quote:
Hi again erummel.
Have you checked the shipping cost for me yet?
Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
Jimmie
they are 1 3/4 headers. They will fit fine.

Quote:
Ok.
Can you messure the port on a couple of places and send me the numbers so I can check if it would fit. My ports on the heads are 1.53 inch (39mm).
Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
The ports are not square they are oval. If you need to mate up to a square port on your head then you will need to either modify your heads or use a gasket.

I have not had a chance to check the shipping costs and wont until Monday when I get to work as I am able to ship from my place of employment.

Quote:
Hi again.
Have you had time to check the ports and what the shipping would cost to Sweden?
Regards
Jimmie

Quote:
Since the headers were never on a running motor I never had the opportunity to change the plugs however those i know that have the same headers have stated that they did not need to loosen or remove either header to get the plugs out...be aware that all the people I have talked with had angle plug heads. if you dont have that type you may need to loosen one or both the headers.

In regards to shipping to Sweden are there any type of taxes that need to be paid for shipments to your country?

Quote:
Hi.
Is it hard to change spark plugs without remove the headers? are the fitting good? do I have to change anything to make them fit?
Can you check what the shipping would cost and give me a good price including shipping for the headers and y-pipe to Sweden on the adress.
Jimmie Knutas
Ugglestigen 51
14951 Nynäshamn
Sweden

Regards
Jimmie
Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 PM

and here is the PM where he talks about doing a full 3" exhaust...

Classifieds Rating: (1)

headers
Hi again Eric.
If you are against USPS I maby have another solution that may work. But it will be 2 shippings then. You only ship it once and then the other solution ship it to me. First, Do you sell the headers without Y-Pipe? because I'm going to use a custom 3" exhaust. What your absolut best price you can let them go for including shipping to Florida?
Regards
Jimmie
Old 03-03-2010, 01:28 PM

I dont mind Eric Please post everything you feel like to disquise the fact that you lied in my face when you said that you had "mocked up the entire system on your car and it fitted fine" look at the film and tell me that it fit fine. And then when you told me that you had only sold what you advertised, the add said 2-1/2 collector and I got 3" collector. Whats up with that? I guess you can read so please read whats in you add and tell me that I'm wrong. Another thing I notice look at this thread https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exha...ml#post4454314 I wonder why he didnt have to smash the pipe down to half its size to fit the plugs with the same heads that you had. Its sad that this had to go to this low level Eric, if you had been a little more fair consider that it wasnt what you said it would be and just refund the lousy $100 so I could drop them of to a welder and fix them, and we woulnt have had this conversation. But nono you had no support, if I wanted support I should contact Hawks??? And final you finish with a lie.

And for last pm. Very good that you bring that up. I asked if you could sell them without the y-pipe but you would not, and if I'm going to pay for the y-Pipe dont you think that it would fit? Why shall I pay for something that dont fit?

Bottom line for the whole conversation, You sold something that you didnt advertised and I was not satisfied with that and tried to fixed it or return it. You was against that and said that all sales are final, and please dont contact me any more??????

Last edited by stinger32; 03-03-2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:34 PM

Jimmie
You have actually proof that I lied about mocking the exhaust system up? You have been at my house when I have worked on my car? You were there when I put the headers in and discovered that the drivers side wouldnt bolt up and when I test fitted the rest of my exhaust? The answer to that is no you werent because you live in Sweden so all you can do is make assumptions.

Did you ask supersquirrel if he had the same problem with the dart heads that I did? Did you ask him if had to dimple his header pipe? I bet you didnt. I bet all you did was see his post and think "OH YEAH I HAVE HIM NOW!!" So before you make more of an a-s-s of yourself why dont you ask him.

You know, you keep bringing up this $100 for the welder and on one of your PMs you state you are going to do a full 3" exhaust; that makes me wonder if after you discovered you had a set of headers with 3" collectors if maybe you might be able to scam me out of $100 to pay for the welding that you were going to have done anyway
Old 03-03-2010, 03:14 PM

Jimmie
You have actually proof that I lied about mocking the exhaust system up? You have been at my house when I have worked on my car? You were there when I put the headers in and discovered that the drivers side wouldnt bolt up and when I test fitted the rest of my exhaust? The answer to that is no you werent because you live in Sweden so all you can do is make assumptions.
For god sake Eric look at the fu..... film, are you blind?

Did you ask supersquirrel if he had the same problem with the dart heads that I did? Did you ask him if had to dimple his header pipe? I bet you didnt. I bet all you did was see his post and think "OH YEAH I HAVE HIM NOW!!" So before you make more of an a-s-s of yourself why dont you ask him.
No I did not, I assumed he would mention that if I ask if they fit and he answers
"I have the hawks longtubes as well but with Dart Pro 1 heads. Its really tight fit on the drives side thanks to Darts slightly different angle on the plugs." Either way thats not a big deal because that was in the add, but I couldnt imagine that it would be so deep dimple.

You know, you keep bringing up this $100 for the welder and on one of your PMs you state you are going to do a full 3" exhaust; that makes me wonder if after you discovered you had a set of headers with 3" collectors if maybe you might be able to scam me out of $100 to pay for the welding that you were going to have done anyway
Nono their is a big difference, If I would building a new y-pipe I would to use regular pipe because I cant weld stainless. If I would make the one you sold fit I have to leave them to a welder that can weld stainless because I dont have the equipment and knowledge to do that myself. Maby I'm wrong but if I buy a headers complete with Y-Pipe I assume that they fit together and not a half inch of. I did not think that they would need work to fit,
An honest person takes responsability for what he sells, if its not as advertised you fix it or takes it back. At least that is what I whould do. But I guess we all are different
Old 03-03-2010, 09:10 PM

Jimmie,
I can understand that you cant imagine that the dimple was so deep especially as you are not using the Dart Pro 1 heads like I did. I even used the shortest spark plug available which by the way is from Accel. They dont get any shorter. When you combine the Dart heads, the Accel plug, and the 8mm wires from MSD there is not alot of room in an already cramped area, thus the need for a dimple like that.

As for the $100 that you have brought up time and again there is no difference. You knew that the Y pipe I was selling was stainless from the start so there is no excuse on your part in that regard. You knew that you were going to have to take the exhaust work to a welder.

Big Mods,
Yeah I spent days coming up with that "crafty" description for the headers as well as everything else I have listed
Old 03-03-2010, 09:48 PM

Car: 87 IROC
Engine: 5.3L
Transmission: Jerico
Axle/Gears: Aluminum 8.6 w/ T2R

Big Mods,
Yeah I spent days coming up with that "crafty" description for the headers as well as everything else I have listed
You're hilarious man.

No body reads this "Classified Ad Feedback" board.

Stinger, looks like you got royaly screwed here. Unfortunately there are people like this in the world.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:49 AM

Jimmie,
I can understand that you cant imagine that the dimple was so deep especially as you are not using the Dart Pro 1 heads like I did. I even used the shortest spark plug available which by the way is from Accel. They dont get any shorter. When you combine the Dart heads, the Accel plug, and the 8mm wires from MSD there is not alot of room in an already cramped area, thus the need for a dimple like that.
I said it before and I say it again, I knew about the dimple, it was in the add even if it was bigger than I thought you wrote it in the add. Final.

As for the $100 that you have brought up time and again there is no difference. You knew that the Y pipe I was selling was stainless from the start so there is no excuse on your part in that regard. You knew that you were going to have to take the exhaust work to a welder.
I dont know what you mean here, yes I knew it was stainless but why would I take it to a welder if it would have fitted? If I pay for an Y-pipe I'll use them. If I bought only the headers, yes I would have taken them to a welder, but then the price whould have been cheaper from the beginning. The headers cost $799 new without y-pipe, and concerning they are "new but used and dimpled" the price would have been more like $550-600 under these conditions for the headers only, and then I would have $250-300 left to build a another Y-Pipe.
Now I have to take it to a welder anyway because it dont fit. And I paid $850 for them and I guess I have to put down another $100-$200 because the dont fit so I'm up to what Hawks charge for them new and they have no dimple. Do you think that is fair? And I think we can stop this discussion now I dont think we going to come to a solution. You have your opinion and I have mine. I think I made a very bad deal that bought a used dimpled set that dont match and need work for more money than a new set costs, any you are perfectly ok with that. Period.

Last edited by stinger32; 03-04-2010 at 02:01 AM. Reason: .
Old 03-04-2010, 11:14 AM

Car: 04 Chevy Silverado 1500
Engine: V6
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: Stock

My opinion here is, it looks like stinger got shafted on this deal.

And before anyone else jumps in and thinks they know it all, read the topic, all the facts are there.

on another note, in fact it IS the sellers responsibility to correct any problems or issues with the transaction. IE: if something is broke or does not fit, the seller has obligated him/her self to correcting the problem/issues first and foremost. So if buyer requests a partial refund of (in this case) $100.00 to correct the problem, the seller should never have a problem with doing so.

To be honest it's just good business sense to do so. Otherwise you risk staining your own rep with other people, when they see you refuse to give a partial refund.

My 2 Cents
Old 03-04-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Berlinetta101
My opinion here is, it looks like stinger got shafted on this deal.

And before anyone else jumps in and thinks they know it all, read the topic, all the facts are there.

on another note, in fact it IS the sellers responsibility to correct any problems or issues with the transaction. IE: if something is broke or does not fit, the seller has obligated him/her self to correcting the problem/issues first and foremost. So if buyer requests a partial refund of (in this case) $100.00 to correct the problem, the seller should never have a problem with doing so.

To be honest it's just good business sense to do so. Otherwise you risk staining your own rep with other people, when they see you refuse to give a partial refund.

My 2 Cents
Thank you for that, and if I been a little better in english I would have typed exactly as you did because that is exactly how I feel you should behave when you do business.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 PM

Car: 87 IROC
Engine: 5.3L
Transmission: Jerico
Axle/Gears: Aluminum 8.6 w/ T2R

I agree.

I see 2 scenarios here:

A. He didn't know that the pipes wouldn't fit before hand and didn't find out till the Stinger tried. In that case a good seller would say, "my bad, I'm sorry, here's $100 to pay someone to fix them".

B. He knew the pipes wouldn't fit beforehand. In that case the description should have said "yeah I have both, but they don't fit together" but it didn't. In this case in he knowingly sold something that he knew wouldn't work and that is dishonest.

Erummel, to clear your reputation you can refund Stinger $100 like he asked.

I'm going to put this same reply in the sale add, since no one reads this forum
Old 03-05-2010, 01:19 PM

Car: 04 Chevy Silverado 1500
Engine: V6
Transmission: Auto
Axle/Gears: Stock

Originally Posted by BIG_MODS
Erummel, to clear your reputation you can refund Stinger $100 like he asked.
I'm going to put this same reply in the sale add, since no one reads this forum
Yea, a few do and will read this area. For when a buyer is looking at a item to buy, they are gonna first check the sellers feedback and over all how they handle themselfs with each transaction.

But yes Big Mods, i agree with you.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:04 AM

stinger of course the Y pipe wont fit directly to headers the spacing is too great (thus the need for intermediate pipes) however it can still be used. You new from our conversations that I was not going to only sell just the headers or just the headers and Y pipe. I was selling everything: headers, intermediate pipes, Y pipe, clamps, and grade 8 header bolts. You even questioned why you should pay $51 more for the intermediate pipes when you were not going to use them (the $51 being the difference between just buying the headers from Hawks or buying from me). I told you that its all or nothing and apparently you thought it was a good deal overall because you knew it would cost you much more to buy from Hawks than from me.

You also knew you were going to have to take the car to a welder because as you said you couldnt weld stainless. Even though you knew there were clamps in the package you were most likely going to get the system welded anyway because you stated you were getting a custom exhaust done...that means welding and you and everyone else who has had an opinion knows it.

As far as you and berlinetta and big mods going on about me being deceptive you know that is not the case. I took the exact description from Hawks website for the product I bought from them. There is no deception on Hawks website (and none of you have stated there is) and there was no deception from me. There was and is no problem with the transaction. You got headers with a 3" collector (a plus for you), you got the Y pipe you needed, and you were going to get some custom work done anyway because you clearly stated it to me in a PM.

As for the dimple, I believe that I am not the only person who has had to do this as evidenced by this post: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exha...-straight.html

In regards to the statement of 'its the sellers responsibility to correct any problems or issues with the transaction' there is nothing to correct as there was no problem. stinger knew what he was getting; in fact he got more because he ended up with headers with a 3" collector instead of a 2 1/2" collector.

Last edited by erummel; 03-06-2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:44 AM

"of course the Y pipe wont fit directly to headers the spacing is too great"
Who said anything about fitting the y-pipe directly to the headers? of course the intermediate pipe must be inbetween
It can be used after some work yes if you see what I mean
http://cid-7a06729d03062ecf.skydrive...vgas%20002.jpg
Do I have to explain this again, If I could buy only the headers from you, yes then I would build a y-pipe out of regular pipes not stainless. But when you only sold them together with y-pipe then I thought I use them instead because I paid for them but I cant use them anyway because it is an half inch to small. So I must have them fixed. I did not have to take the car to a welder when I thought that I bought a bolton kit.
"I took the exact description from Hawks website for the product "
I understand that but why did you have to lie and tell me that you had tried it on your car and that it fitted fine? Please tell me how you got these together without a leak. Did you tighten the clamp as you told me to do?
http://cid-7a06729d03062ecf.skydrive...9D03062ECF!339
"In regards to the statement of 'its the sellers responsibility to correct any problems or issues with the transaction' there is nothing to correct as there was no problem. stinger knew what he was getting; in fact he got more because he ended up with headers with a 3" collector instead of a 2 1/2" collector."
I wont even comment this statement, Its self explaining and you are only making a complete fool out of yourself.

As for the dimple I cant say anything about it infact that was the only thruth in the add.

Can we end this discussion now?

Last edited by stinger32; 03-06-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Supreme Member
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts
Car: '90 Trans Am-12.45@110.71
Engine: 355 w/AFR 195's Elem. 400/430 HP/TQ
Transmission: Tremec T-56
Axle/Gears: 12 Bolt 3.73

I wont even comment this statement, Its self explaining and you are only making a complete fool out of yourself.

As for the dimple I cant say anything about it infact that was the only thruth in the add.

I guess somebody doesn't want to do anymore business on this site....all for $100
Old 03-06-2010, 10:15 AM

I didnt lie... I told you that I mocked up the system on the car and everything seemed fine. Mocking up does not mean completely installing and tightening down the clamps. If I had tightened the clamps all the way down you would see evidence of that on the headers and pipes at the connection points.

I cant tell you how I got them together without a leak because as I said I never tightened the clamps down all the way and I never ran the motor to look for leaks. Had I actually ran the motor you would see that I had on the headers...they would have been discolored a bit from the heat.

The mock up was just to see how things would fit and how things would route. Thats what mock up means.

I would like to end this discussion but as long as you and others feel compelled to not let it go I will continue to defend myself.

And something that you might want to look into; supersquirrel made a post about buying the headers like I did and guess what? He too received headers with a 3"collector instead of the 2 1/2" collector as stated on Hawks website. Maybe you and everyone else should ask him about it.

Good luck with the car.