Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO... BAD NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008 | 07:23 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1992 Firebird
Engine: 3.1L V6
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Peg Leg
L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO... BAD NEWS

I purchased a Pioneer DEH-P9600MP from this seller on Feb 10th, 2008, and received it on Feb 14th, 2008. When I opened the box, I found no wiring harness. I contacted the seller, and he said that he would ask the shop about the wiring harness. After a while, when I didn't hear from the seller, I brought the radio to a professional electronic technician who put the radio on a device that replicated both the voltage and amperage that the radio would receive in the car. The technician determined that the radio was dead. I contacted Kevin who first accused me of switching the radio with one that was dead, then said that the shop sent him the wiring harness and he will ship it my way. After a while without hearing from Kevin, I found out that one of my friends has the same radio, so I brought it over to his house, and we plugged the radio into his car... nothing. I informed Kevin about this, and he promised me a refund. A few days go by and no refund, so I file a dispute with paypal. Linda, whos name is on the paypal account, responds saying she won't issue me a refund because I've had it to long! I respond to her telling her the story and sending her all the PMs, and she says that I most likely switched the radio out with my friends who didn't work, and she won't issue me a refund!

What a crock. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS... person. I researched before I bought, and really didn't see where this seller scammed anyone, so I gave it a shot. I've been nothing but flexible with the seller trying to make sure the radio didn't 100% work, and even believed that the radio might have been switched at the shop (which you will read about next post). This person has done nothing but lied, and honestly should be aloud on this site anymore. Following this post will be our conversation via PM.
----------
cooltc2004 @ 02-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey, I got the package today. In the box, I found the owners manual for a DEH-1600, and was wondering if you had to correct one / needed this one back? Second thing is there was no wiring harness in the box. Did you have this? No local stores have it. Let me know. Thanks

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ 02-14-2008, 06:35 PM
The owners manual I thought I put the correct one in there but I will double check with my folder of all my manuals and etc... But when you say wiring harness what do you mean? The place that uninstalled this one didnt give me any wiring... Was there supposed to be wires with the radio? I though you plug the car's wires and harness into the radio? Let me know and I will help you with anything I can.

cooltc2004 @ 02-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Alright, if you want the DEH-1600 manual back, just let me know. About the wiring: Yeah, there is suppose to be two wiring harnesses included with the radio. The first one is for the power to the radio and speaker outputs which is needed to connect to any vehicle. The second is the RCA output cable that connects to the amps and such. I need both these cords, and brand new from Pioneer is over $60.00. Since you had it professionally removed, what probably happened is the place that uninstalled it kept the cords to install in another vehicle or sell. Possibly if you could give a quick look around to see if it slipped out of the box, and if not contact the place that installed it and demand that they replace them. Below are links to both cords on Pioneers website. Let me know. Thanks TC http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...uctNum=CDE7701 http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/...uctNum=CDE7437

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ 02-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Yea I know they didnt give those back to me. I will call the place first thing tomorrow and see what happened. Are you sure they were supposed to give me RCA cables back. I thought that was only if you had a subwoofer and amps hooked up?

cooltc2004 @ 02-14-2008, 07:46 PM
The radio should have come with them new from the factory, just incase whoever bought the radio wanted to hook up amp and subs. Let me know what they say. Thanks.

cooltc2004 @ 02-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Did you get a chance to call them? Any news?

cooltc2004 @ 02-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Any update?

cooltc2004 @ 02-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Its been 8 days since you said you were going to call the place and see what happened, is there a reason why you can't tell me what happened with it? I can't use the radio without these parts, and several people have told me that I didn't get a complete radio, like promised, without these 2 connectors. And your profile says: Last Activity: Yesterday 02:06 AM so I know your reading these.

cooltc2004 @ 02-24-2008, 12:54 AM
I had the radio tested today, and it does not work. I would like my money back, then I can send you your radio back. You haven't been returning my Private Messages, so if I don't hear from you by Monday night, I will be filing with the resolution center of paypal.

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ 02-24-2008, 02:49 PM
What do you mean it does not work. It was just playing in my car 3-4 weeks ago. The radio place is trying to track down the wires. Said they are going to call me back with-in a few days. Not for nothing but I dont want a non working radio. I have no idea what was done to it, or if it was switched.

cooltc2004 @ 02-24-2008, 11:23 PM
When I had it tested, it did not work. I don't know why it doesn't work, but I didn't switch anything. It still has your CD in it which I have no idea what it is because I cant get the radio to turn on to eject it. If your shop finds the cable and it works, I'd be happy to keep the radio. But as of right now, I have a non working radio.

cooltc2004 @ 02-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Have they contacted you yet?

**NOTE** Here we talked on AOL Instant Messenger where L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO said that he received the wiring harness from the shop and will be sending it to me no later than Friday, 2-29-08. I have the log saved if necessary.

cooltc2004 @ 03-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Haven't heard from you in a few days. Did you send the wiring harness?

cooltc2004 @ 03-09-2008, 01:14 AM
I need you to get back to me, I'm getting fed up with waiting without hearing from you. It says that you were active Saturday morning at 1 AM, so you could have answered my question then. Monday, if I don't hear from you, I'm going to file a claim with paypal.

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ 03-10-2008, 04:46 PM
What question am I supposed to be answering?

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ 03-10-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh yea just because it says someone is "active" or "online" doesnt mean there really on. I leave the website open for days somtime's so it will show that I'm online that entire time, but if im not at the computer im really not on.. Thanks,

cooltc2004 @ 03-10-2008, 06:18 PM
You had said that you would ship out the wiring harness no later then last Friday, and I wanted to see if it was on the way. I need this wiring harness to be 100% sure on whether the radio works or not.

cooltc2004 @ 03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I found out that one of my friends has the same radio, so I took the radio to his house and we plugged it into his car and it didn't respond. This is proof positive that the radio is bad, so I would like my money back by Thursday. If not, I will be contacting paypal. Thanks

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ 03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I will be refunding your money. Please send back the radio when you receive the payment. I am very sorry for this... I have a bad feeling about the audio shop, I'm thinking they switch mine with a piece of junk they had lying around. Again I am very sorry for this mistake. Do you think its possable the shop did this to me? I never heard of a radio working then not working, since your knowledge of electronics far exceeds mine I am looking for your opinion/help. Thanks,

cooltc2004 @ 03-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Thank you, as soon as payment is received, the radio will be shipped out. Unless you are watching the shop at all times when they are handling your radio (which is nearly impossible), it is very possible for them to of switched it out.

cooltc2004 @ 03-15-2008, 12:54 AM
Any idea on when I can expect the money back?
----------
And Linda's response via Paypal:

From Seller: Linda Mazurkiewicz on 3/17/2008 15:57 PDT
I do know the shop, they are reputable and have installed an alarm in my car. I don't know if YOU switched the radio with your "friends" (that maybe didn't work). I know this radio worked before it was shipped. I cannot issue a refund.

Last edited by cooltc2004; 03-17-2008 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-17-2008 | 09:36 PM

Car: 82 Camaro
Engine: 2.8
Transmission: 3 speed auto
Re: L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO... BAD NEWS

This guy sounds like a real moron and i would never deal with this guy. I was the friend that had the other radio and tested it for him. I can't belive that you would call him a lair and me a thief. Thats not right.
Old 03-17-2008 | 10:16 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro SC
Engine: None
Transmission: None
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" W/ spool 3.50 gears

What a dirtbag. This kind of crap has got to stop. If they would just return the money and everyone can move on with there lives. These people need to be banned from using TGO for long periods of time.
Old 03-17-2008 | 10:19 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 L03 700r4 RS
Engine: 1987 WS6 Trans AM Lb2
Transmission: Th350 red neck Performance 3k stall
Axle/Gears: 95 Mustang 8.8 built with 3.73s

Cooltc you have my permission to post up our conversation concerning the Gtech I purchased from him.
Old 03-17-2008 | 10:32 PM
Supreme Member

Me and 1991 Camaro R Slow purchased items from LINY92CAMARO at the same time, so we kinda kept in touch with the whole situation. He purchased a GTech that was "New in Box".

Originally Posted by 1991CamaroRslow
I got the Gtech today and it works but it is in no way brand new in the box. I noticed wear on the mount and on one of the buttons but thought it may be a coincidence, when I plugged the Gtech up and ran it it had a vehicle weight of 3395 programmed into it, and a shift light setting of 5000 (sounds like an L98 Camaro to me). It also had the time and date set which it shouldn't have. I was going to give benefit of the doubt and think maybe it came that way but out of curiosity I set it back to default and bam 3200 pound vehicle weight and 7000rpm shift light settings. This was used no two ways about it.
Old 03-17-2008 | 10:36 PM
Supreme Member

Also note that I was accused of being a crook etc. because when I found that L.I.N.Y. had some bad dealings on a set of wheels, I put a claim on the PayPal payment. After that my Gtech got shipped out. I can't say anything personally because I actually got my item and it does work but that doesn't change the headache I had to go through to get it; then getting a used item.
Old 03-18-2008 | 02:05 AM

Car: 90 IROC Z
Engine: 350 60 over
Transmission: t5 and 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.08

This guy is a thief I tried to buy a t5 from him payed him and a month later still no tranny. I had to file a claim with paypal to get my money back. TGO please ban this guy and his IP address.
Old 03-19-2008 | 10:54 AM
Supreme Member

Latest Convo:

cooltc2004 @ Today, 09:04 AM
I know your reading these PMs, don't feed me that bull about leaving the forums on and your profile saying that your last visit was some random time in there. Why do you first promise me a refund, then tell "Linda" not to issue it? As far as I'm concerned, you've stolen $100 from me, and I want it back. Like I said in paypal, I will go through what ever means possible to settle this claim.

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ Today, 11:02 AM
Theres nothing to settle. I sent you a working radio, you say it doesnt work but it did when It was pulled out... So there's nothing to file a claim about. Go threw whatever means you feel like doing I did nothing wrong. You can contact the suffolk police department 5th or 6th department if that will make you feel better.

Thanks,

cooltc2004 @ Today, 11:48 AM
I see now, based on your changing positions from one view to another about the condition of the radio, that your obviously a scammer. I may pursue other resources to get my refund, but for now I'll be warning everyone I can about your methods and attitude towards customers.
Old 03-19-2008 | 10:59 PM
Supreme Member

Yep... please ban! I still don't think I would've got my Gtech or Cooltc would've got that radio without me filing the initial PayPal claim on him. I wish I'de waited to give him the feedback on his IM trader but a deal was a deal to me and I kept my word (giving him a positive when the Gtech arrived working). Good luck with the transmissions, to anyone else who PayPal'ed money please go file a claim NOW. It will take a while but you'll get your money back. Cooltc you'll have to send the radio in to them but they'll handle your refund. Good luck guys.
Old 03-20-2008 | 07:08 PM

Car: 90 IROC Z
Engine: 350 60 over
Transmission: t5 and 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.08

Yea i caught him in somemore lies and now he is trying to sell his car I feel sorry for anyone that sends this guy money.
Old 03-20-2008 | 09:19 PM
Supreme Member

Yeah, I warned the guy with the 2000 Camaro SS that wanted to trade him. It sounds like the guy doesn't want to deal with him anymore (good, because Kevin was excited about the trade)
Old 03-21-2008 | 03:16 PM
Supreme Member

Check THIS out:

L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ Today, 02:49 PM
Go **** Yourself... You bought a working radio and your really knowledgable friends that pound you in the *** everynight broke it. So unless your gonna come to my house and take the money from my back pocket your not getting a ****ing dime back from the working radio I sold you so do whatever the **** it is you gotta do but your not getting **** back. Take me to small claims court over 90 bucks waste your ****ing time cause i dont give a ****.

HAve a wonderful Day,

-Go **** Your Mother
Old 03-21-2008 | 04:40 PM

Car: 1986 Camaro SC
Engine: None
Transmission: None
Axle/Gears: Moser 9" W/ spool 3.50 gears

Probation? They put this kid on probation. He sacmmed people and then called them racist names when he was done. When I addressed it in his car for sale thread they deleted me. Then he PM'd me this....

Originally Posted by L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO
Ive got a nice size oven in my shop for when we bake the cars i bet i could fit atleast 200 dirty jewish kikes in there.. heheh

Have A Nice Day,

-Go **** Your Mother

Is that the best this C-sucker gets? Probation, what a joke! Ban this guy.
Boy I wish I could meet him.
Old 03-21-2008 | 04:47 PM
JT
Community Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Fast LS1
Probation? They put this kid on probation. He sacmmed people and then called them racist names when he was done. When I addressed it in his car for sale thread they deleted me. Then he PM'd me this....

Is that the best this C-sucker gets? Probation, what a joke! Ban this guy.
Boy I wish I could meet him.
Please see the following rules and guidelines:
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/faq-...uidelines.html

For the record, he was placed on Probation by staff for a post he made today, which was moderated (deleted). His Probation has nothing to do with his Classified dealings, which was not even known until now.

Until I was sent a message from a moderator about a certain post that was moderated today (one referenced above), I know I personally was not aware of any further issues.

Give the staff some time to review and look into this.

By the way, your post in that thread was deleted because you, too, crossed the line. You only added to the issue with some of your choice words. Calling someone the words you did, regardless of who started it, does not make it any more acceptable. Simply, your post was also deleted because of your foul language.
Old 03-21-2008 | 04:59 PM

Car: 1988 Iroc
Engine: 383 TPI
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: BW 9 bolt 3.27

Wow! I have to agree that this L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO should be banned from this site. I don`t like to read or hear this kind of trash.
Old 03-21-2008 | 07:50 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 RS
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt

I agree this isnt really an issue of him being a bad seller or not but rather a very disrespectful person to others on the boards I read the thread he was selling his car on and could not belive the way he was talking to people. In my opinion L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO should be banned for repeted inapropriate conduct...
Old 03-21-2008 | 07:56 PM

Car: IROC-Z
Engine: LSx
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Fabbed 9"

Great.. I bought a steering shaft from him a couple of weeks ago. Still havent received it yet. I guess I wont ever.
Old 03-21-2008 | 08:10 PM

I just filed a claim on paypal.
Old 03-21-2008 | 08:51 PM

Car: 1988 Iroc-Z 28 Camaro
Engine: LSX
Transmission: MN12
Axle/Gears: 3.42

wow this guy does deserved to be

the fact that he sent you this message..
L.I.N.Y.92CAMARO @ 03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
I will be refunding your money. Please send back the radio when you receive the payment. I am very sorry for this... I have a bad feeling about the audio shop, I'm thinking they switch mine with a piece of junk they had lying around. Again I am very sorry for this mistake. Do you think its possable the shop did this to me? I never heard of a radio working then not working, since your knowledge of electronics far exceeds mine I am looking for your opinion/help. Thanks,

means he has agreed to repay you regardless off whatever he may think or say now, so in reality if u did decide to take him to small claims court based on the fact he sent you that message he would have no choice but to refund your money.
Old 03-21-2008 | 09:47 PM
Supreme Member
15 Year Member

Car: 89 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI / ZZ4 cam
Transmission: Stage 2 700R4, LS1 driveshaft
Axle/Gears: Strange 3.42 w/ Auburn

Admin/Mods needs to step up and this person for his conduct and also promising to refund the buyers money and then not.

This sort of behaviour needs to be addressed (permenently) and by doing so put others on notice that they cannot come on this board and take advantage of its core members without consequences.
Old 03-21-2008 | 09:59 PM

here is what i got from him when i sent him this site.hahaha

Re: feedback
Oh cool thanks alot man.

Thanks,

-Go **** Your Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinD
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/cl...4-l-i-n-y.html
Old 03-21-2008 | 10:03 PM

Car: 1988 Iroc-Z 28 Camaro
Engine: LSX
Transmission: MN12
Axle/Gears: 3.42

wow what a nice responce lol

apparently he sold someone some corvette waggon wheels but never sent the wheels..............or at least the the dude who bought them never recieved em..

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/exte...html?highlight=
Old 03-25-2008 | 01:57 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89 IROC
Engine: LSX 6.0 370, TU2 Cam, Fast intake
Transmission: T56 w/ lots of goodies
Axle/Gears: 8.8, Posi, 4.10, 31 Spline

Wow sounds like a road trip to his house for a bunch of us and we can take the money from his pocket. As he said. I was gonna buy so stuff from him till I had a cash situation. THANK GOD for that.
Old 03-25-2008 | 09:00 PM

Car: 2002 Camaro z28
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 4L60E
Axle/Gears: 2.73 stock, stock, stock

Anyone notice that he's now banned? I wonder when that happened.
Old 03-31-2008 | 06:43 PM

I got refunded by paypal.