Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

1991 Formula Ripped me and a couple others off

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 1991 Formula Ripped me and a couple others off

I have been contacted by a member of the Baltimore City Police Department's Cyber Crime unit regarding "our friend George" She has asked me to post her name and phone number so that anyone else who has been ripped off by him can contact her directly as she gathers evidence. Her name is Detective Sharrise Smith and the phone number is 443-984-7135. If anyone wants to know more details about my discussions with her pm me. Also, I repeat my request that I have made before to the moderators about banning this person from this site. I never received an answer about this before could one of the moderators pleaze respond now as to why he has not been banned from using this site?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Supreme Member

Received 371 Likes on 282 Posts
Car: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Engine: LT1
Transmission: T56 6-speed
Axle/Gears: 4.11 LS1 Rear End

She has asked me to post her name and phone number so that anyone else who has been ripped off by him can contact her directly as she gathers evidence. Her name is Detective Sharrise Smith and the phone number is 443-984-7135.

YOU-ROC !!

Talk about taking steps to resolve the problem......... I think being banned from using TGO is about the least of 1991 Formula's concerns right now !!Don't delay guys,..... Better act on this FAST.

It's time to stand up and be counted !

Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 AM

Paypal got me my money back. Yay.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:54 AM

update from this loser:

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engi...=1#post3604841
Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Want a title? Post!

Hey guys, thought you should see this. He is selling the same taillights on a different site for less money. I am not sure if anyone posted this yet and if that is the case sorry for the double post.

http://www.fbody.com/partsfs/50872

With guys like this out their how am I going to trust anyone to get the parts to rebuild my 91 trans am vert???
Old 01-19-2008, 12:10 AM

Car: 2x1991 & 2000 Camaros
Engine: 350, 305 & LS1
Transmission: TH-700R4 and 4l60E

Originally Posted by RocknRoman
Hey guys, thought you should see this. He is selling the same taillights on a different site for less money. I am not sure if anyone posted this yet and if that is the case sorry for the double post.

http://www.fbody.com/partsfs/50872

With guys like this out their how am I going to trust anyone to get the parts to rebuild my 91 trans am vert???
First step: be sure to post in the correct thread. You are talking about the idiot selling tail lights. We are talking about the (unt who ripped of people selling non-existant Holley Stealth Ram setups.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:09 AM

Car: 01 mustang GT
Engine: 4.6
Transmission: tr3650
Axle/Gears: 3.73 Posi

Here is an idea that will deter this kinda thing from happening again.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engi...-cam-sale.html

See how all I did was post...."Paypal paid" Any second buyers are aware of anything that might be happening.

Turns out this guy is honest and there was no need as I now have the tracking number as promised.

No need to be secretive in these deals. it only leads to people getting ripped off when some scumbag figures a way to use it against several people

Good luck getting all your money back. and hopefully some jail time for this retard.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 91 Z28
Engine: 383 SuperRam
Transmission: ProBuilt 700r4
Axle/Gears: G92 3.23

thats true, and a couple people did post that they paid, but it worked out for him because he said he had 3 of them and only selling two, but that turned into he decided to sell the 3rd one once someone posted that they bought it.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Want a title? Post!

I've got a good story to add here. I met George at a nice Thunderbird meet for the Mid Atlantic MN12 forums in WV last summer. You can see him posting here yesterday morning (http://www.mamn12.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3546) as 97thunderbirdlxv8. He had a 97 Thunderbird sport as some of you may have seen in a picture floating around here. He seemed like a good guy. We talked, but it was the first time I met him. He claims he's had a girlfriend for like 6 years or so, and that he bought her a Honda and modded it to no end and basically sounded like he had money but definitely did not look the part. Anyway, about 6 months later it comes that I needed to swap the motor mounts in my Supercoupe. He had IM'd me a few times so I mentioned it to him and he offered to help since he said he has done them before. So it sounded like a good deal because SC motor mounts are a pain in the *** and I've never done them before. He said something about knowing a guy in an Air base who would rent a lift and tools for cheap and that we could get it done on Sunday (yesterday) morning. He called me Friday and said that everything was good to go and he'll see me Sunday. He gave me this address, which is about 2 hours south of PA where I live.

2241 Ramsay St.
Baltimore, MD 21223

I showed up there yesterday morning in the most ghetto place I've ever been (really, it doesn't get much worse). He would not answer his phone, and when I knocked on the door an older woman showed up and said that he did not live there anymore. At this point I wanted to kill the f*cker and I knew that I should just get the hell out of there. I got real pissed and started googling his info and eventually found some of the posts on here. Honestly it doesn't surprise me now because it all makes sense. He is nothing but a liar and has no worth whatsoever. He is definitely from a drug addicted family and never had anything going for him living in that kind of "neighborhood". It seems that I got off easy only losing a tank of gas, but some of you did not. I can't wait to break it to all of his "friends" on the Tbird forum that he is worthless. This just goes to show that he is not only doing it for money, but simply to be a complete d*ck, which is 10x worse if you ask me. There's not even a reason for it.

Also he has been on AIM for about 2.5 days straight, and that post proves he's been active. I hope he gets some jail time. I only joined today and have no other reason to post so I can't be active in the classifieds section, but if someone would please paste/link this post into the other thread for me that would be great - https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engi...elth-rams.html
Old 02-10-2008, 03:57 PM

ttt
Old 02-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89RS(other cars & pics in vBgarage)
Engine: LO3, 305 TBI Mildly Modified
Transmission: BakerBuilt 700R4 w/B&M Megashifter
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Auburn Pro Series LSD

i would agree, why dont a moderator kick him off this site and make his account void, all this does is detract from prople wanting to use the trader pages on here, if TGO will not stand behind its members and block a bag o crap like this something needs to be done

this guy will get whats coming to him, any thing done over the mail is mail fraud as far as i know and that takes it into federal levels. some bad apples ruin it for everyone

UPDATES???!!!!!????
Old 02-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Want a title? Post!

I sent this anonymous email to HPRacing, the place where George claims to work.

-----Original Message-----
To: hpracinginc@aol.com
Sent: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 7:48 am
Subject: George Bowers

I wanted to let you know that one of your employees George Bowers has had some trouble with the law involving fraudulent transactions on the internet. He is being investigated by the police for scamming several people out of thousands of dollars. I tell you this because he involved his place of work (your shop) in his dealings. He claimed to have found some car parts at your shop and then sold them, when in fact he had none. He still involved your shop which means that the police are likely to be asking some questions pretty soon. He goes by "1991 Formula" on this forum, here is a link to the post - https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/engi...elth-rams.html
https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...ripped-me.html

If you would like to confirm this information, speak with Detective Sharrise Smith. The phone number is 443-984-7135.

Thanks,
Anonymous
And this was the response I received:

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: sjohn18@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:09:36 PM
Subject: Re: George Bowers

I really do appreciate the E-Mail on George Bowers, He did work for us about 4 or 5 years ago but he was let go for lying on his resume (go figure). If I can be of any other help to you or this investigation please call me @ 443-790-1915. It has probably been a year since the last time that he was at our shop as customer, that I know of. But I assure you that my company has no ties with Mr. Bowers.

Jason Grubb,
President, HP Racing Inc
I also heard from one of the members on the MAMN12 forum that he has a warrant out for his arrest. I have not called the police officer because I am pretty busy so I cannot confirm that.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:22 AM

yall need to send a msg to JT and see if he will now do something about this guy.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:00 PM

Car: '91 Z28
Engine: L98 H/C/I - 400whp
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-Bolt(4:30 w/spool)

I NEARLY bought a LT4 Hot Cam from this guy almost a year ago. I posted asking if anyone had one and he popped up immediately saying he had one. We talked about it, talked about price... all the while, I noticed he 'sold it' to someone else. I asked him if I was too late since he sold the LT4 cam, and 1991 Formula said he had another LT4 Cam(so I get a weird feeling about it). He kept asking for a money order, said he didn't like PayPal.

1991 Formula continued asking If I was ready to ship a money order for the cam. He slowly talked me into it, then after I said I'd try shipping the Money Order the following day, he came back saying that he would be out of town in about a week so that it'd be a little while before he could ship the cam(again I'm thinkin 'hmmmmm').

So, I guess I did see it coming from the get-go and got out of it. I never did look into it enough to know if the first LT4 cam buyer was scammed, or if he really did sell his only cam then tried scammin me and saying he would be out of town for a while.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 89RS(other cars & pics in vBgarage)
Engine: LO3, 305 TBI Mildly Modified
Transmission: BakerBuilt 700R4 w/B&M Megashifter
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Auburn Pro Series LSD

this guy is just a con artist if all this is true.......... i dont see how people get away with this crap, but yet one of use go 6 MPH above the speed limit and out butts are grass, its a shame that the law is for the criminal
Old 02-15-2008, 08:37 PM

JT,isnt it about time you chimed in?????????????
Old 02-18-2008, 03:41 PM

ttt
Old 02-23-2008, 06:36 AM

Anyone get their money back?
Old 02-23-2008, 07:31 PM

i warned everybody here and i never even tryed to do bussiness with this 1991 formula person ....lol
^^^^^^^^
bad news from jamieriplilb ........you can't say i didn't tell you so 2008
wake up
Old 02-23-2008, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by jamieriplilb
i warned everybody here and i never even tryed to do bussiness with this 1991 formula person ....lol
^^^^^^^^
bad news from jamieriplilb ........you can't say i didn't tell you so 2008
wake up
how did you warn everybody? only thing i heard bad about this guy is after the fact of this happening.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Supreme Member

I think he's talking about this,...... It looks to be his only post other than classified add threads.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...tml?highlight=

Old 02-24-2008, 12:48 AM

ok, i see that, but still... this happened in december, and that post is from this year January, i see no warning. unless he is still confused about the name he is talking about. the guy for this post is "1991 Formula" not "1991_Formula" or "91_Formula" and he is from Baltimore, MD not canada.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:28 AM

Car: 91 Formula
Engine: L98 350 TPI
Transmission: TH700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.23

John in RI, if you read the post you linked you'll see it wasn't a warning so much as jamie needing some reading lessons.

QuickStyle: Thank you for clarifying, allot of people seem to miss the small differences in the names. If I knew when I signed up to this board that there where this many bad apples in the community I would have picked a REALLY unique name to help save the confusion.

Originally Posted by John in RI
I think he's talking about this,...... It looks to be his only post other than classified add threads.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/clas...tml?highlight=

Old 02-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Supreme Member

Ya', I remember reading through that thread.

unless he is still confused about the name he is talking about.
QuickStyle; I think you hit the nail on the head. I recall he had written about the wrong guy and looked to see where the warning was that he just mentioned. 91_Formula; his thread mistaking you for someone else was the closest thing I could find.

Didin't mean to imply that you were the *bad apple * !

Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 AM

i have had this information since day one, that i thought i might share. the ip address that i received emails from george and from the forum posts that he made, prior to and after him claiming it was not him who did this mess, all came from the exact same hop. for those of you who dont know what a hop is...... its the location that information is sent to from you to go out to what ever it is you are doing on the internet, basically it jumps from you to the hop to the internet. the hop that this scammer was going thru is located on Wilkens Ave. Balitmore, MD. a hop has a radius of about 1 mile. guess whos house is only half a mile from this particular hop? i have been in contact with America Online (George's internet provider) he uses dial-up. America Online keeps all the records of who the ip address's were issued to and during what time, however they can not release this information to me due to privacy policies. on the other hand... when this becomes a legal matter, that information will be available.

edit: forgot to mention that i talked to the detective again. there is a warrant out for his arrest, but they just cannot find him. there is a subpoena for his ip addresses that were used. she said just to give it time. the bad thing about this is george has been arrested several times in the past, and he may just not care about another thing like this being on his record, and we may not get our money back. if he does care about having a good job and good life, he might think about returning the money.

also... is anyone else concerned about getting their money back on this? i seem to be the only one posting about this matter anymore.

Last edited by QuickStyle; 03-03-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1986 Z28 Camaro Gunmetal Gray with
Engine: GM Crate ZZZ HO 350, Edelbrock head
Transmission: Rebuilt 700r4 all TransGo and Beast
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt with 3.73 gears

yea, i havent talked to the detective in a while, but she said my case would not go under the same category. im just waiting till they find him, so i can at least get him in a court room.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Want a title? Post!

So his real address is not the ghetto address?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 RS Camaro, 75 L82 Corvette
Engine: LO3, 383 Stroker
Transmission: 700R4, TH400
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.23 posi/LS1 discs, stock

Oh that would be considered the ghetto for most people. But in Baltimore, there are much, much worse neighborhoods than that one. I've been to his house and had to leave my car there once for a short time, I was worried about it the whole time. After that one time, I never went back.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:07 PM

back to the top
Old 03-20-2008, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by MartinD
JT,isnt it about time you chimed in?????????????

?????????????????
Old 05-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 91 RS Camaro, 75 L82 Corvette
Engine: LO3, 383 Stroker
Transmission: 700R4, TH400
Axle/Gears: 4th gen 3.23 posi/LS1 discs, stock

Originally Posted by QuickStyle
back from the dead. I just got a subpoena from the courts. It appears this thing is finally going to trial. i called the number on the subpoena and the prosocutor for this case told me that the warrant was issued back in September 2008 and he was finally picked up on May 6, 2010. release on a $20,000 bond the next day with a court date of June 10, 2010. I wonder if he will even show. Did anyone else that was involved in this get a subpoena?

here is the link to the case # 3B01968970

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us...detailLoc=DSCR
Update

Court Scheduling Information
Trial Date: 06/10/2010Trial Time:08:30 AMRoom:3
Trial Type:
Trial Location:700 E. PATAPSCO AVENUE BALTIMORE 21225-1960

Last edited by krisb410; 05-11-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Supreme Member

Old 06-02-2010, 04:46 PM

I also recieved a call from the Baltimore courts today. If anyone on here was taken by this guy PLEASE send me a PM. I will send you the lady's contact information. She needs anything that you can give her. His court date is next Thursday. It's nice to know that sometimes justice really does get served. Hopefully he shows. Would anyone object to me sending her a copy of this thread?