Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

USER IROCZ85 BRIAN BLANCHARD SOLD ME JUNK HEADS. Do not buy from this guy! See pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 2000 BMW M5
USER IROCZ85 BRIAN BLANCHARD SOLD ME JUNK HEADS. Do not buy from this guy! See pics!!

Here are pics of World Products heads user IrocZ85 sold me as "3,000 miles, excellent condition", for $400 as bare heads plus valves.

I paid this guy immediately for these heads, but it took me 3 or 4 emails to get any response from him whether the heads had shipped, and what the tracking #s were. When I got a response from him finally, he was very rude and offered me no tracking information on the packages. After this one email response, he has refused to answer any further emails from me since. I should have known something was up with this guy from his bad attitude towards me, a customer who paid him up front and was polite in inquiring about the status of the shipment.

I received the heads in the mail today. One head is total junk. Two of the valves were obviously contacted repeatedly by some large foreign object in the chamber, and they are MASSIVELY BENT. The seats are also ruined and will most likely need inserts. The seat is so peened over on the intake valve that it no longer contacts a straight valve when I mark it with compound.

The intake valve in the pictures is FULLY CLOSED!!! It is so bent that the huge gap you see in the picture between the valve and the seat occurs. Also notice the close up of the seat.

I also have a video of me spinning the bent valves by hand, to show just how bent they are. You get the idea from the pictures though. Remember the valve with the huge gap between the valve and the seat is CLOSED!!!

Here is a video of me spinning the valves in the head:

http://members.aol.com/bondospecial/bentvalves.wmv

Thanks a lot IrocZ85 (Brian)

Brian Blanchard (IroxZ85) is user mkpam8o6m on EBAY. Although he does have a lot of positive feedback, he also has 17 negative feedbacks. The comments from the people leaving negative feedback reinforce the bad attitude, poor communication, and outright deceptiveness I experienced dealing with him.

BE WARNED OF THIS GUY! HE IS A CROOK

Last edited by 327_TPI_77_Maro; 10-02-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: USER IROCZ85 BRIAN BLANCHARD SOLD ME JUNK HEADS. Do not buy from this guy! See pi

Dont forget you were quick to slam me without even saying anything to let me possibly deal with you or the situation, so sorry your disappointed but you could have tried to work with me

Im not a crook its that simple and yes my ebay feedback will speak for that as Im not just going around trying to rip anyone off

As for my email response sorry I dont check my email 10 times a day to be able to respond to one of your emails every hour

I boxed them as you asked and shipped them out in a timely matter
Old 10-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Supreme Member

Re: USER IROCZ85 BRIAN BLANCHARD SOLD ME JUNK HEADS. Do not buy from this guy! See pi

yeah pal, those really look ready to bolt on with only 3k miles on them. People like you are what ruins this hobby for everyone else. Even though you may get away with some cash, you will one day burn in hell for what you did in life.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:02 PM

Car: Not an IROC

i've been burned on parts before and the feeling is quite terrible. especially when you know you have been forthright and honest in the deal.

if something has gone wrong with the sale, there is still time for one party to make amends. i have managed to eke that out of a seller on ebay after i emailed him the complete mailing addresses and contact information of the local attorney general, sheriff's fraud unit, police department crime unit, and several other legal contacts in his area that dealt with business contract breaches...

still, its pretty much Caveat Emptor out there.

(nice 77 - got any more pics?)
Old 10-14-2007, 10:29 AM
Supreme Member

Thanks for the compliment on my Camaro. The emails I have received from this guy indicate he really does not care or have an understanding of common decency. I would have to do a lot of legwork to get anything out of this guy. I figure it was easier to repair the damage and hope that his dishonesty catches up with him some day.

It turns out that the two bent valves were not the only problem with the heads. Every single valve seat was ruined from pieces of piston aluminum being smashed into the seats. The heads needed 2 new valves, at a cost of $25, and a $250 valve job. So the $475 I paid for the heads, plus the cost to bring them into the condition Brian Blanchard described them in, came to $750. I could have bought these heads new for $800. So I have a set of used heads that are not as good as new, for the price of new heads, after fixing all the damage this guy did to the heads, and lied about. The best I can hope for is that other people heed my warning about IrocZ85.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by IrocZ85
Dont forget you were quick to slam me without even saying anything to let me possibly deal with you or the situation, so sorry your disappointed but you could have tried to work with me

Im not a crook its that simple and yes my ebay feedback will speak for that as Im not just going around trying to rip anyone off

As for my email response sorry I dont check my email 10 times a day to be able to respond to one of your emails every hour

hey ******* the good news is i go to il. all the time, the bad news is you better hope i dont see your one of the kind z lock your car up ******* iam gonna take your heads!
Old 10-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Supreme Member

Car: 1982 Trans Am & 1982 Corvette
Engine: L-98 with LO-3 induction. 350 CFI
Transmission: 5 speed and vette has 700r4
Axle/Gears: 373's in T/A .. vette unknown

327-TPI I'm not defending this POS that sold you this stuff by any means. But didn't you see the condition of the heads prior to purchase? Or did he leave out pictures of the damage ...... BRIAN BLANCHARD ................... you are found guilty of selling garbage REFUND this guys money
Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 AM

Car: 1983 Camaro Z28/1999 Cavalier
Engine: 305
Transmission: 700R4

Originally Posted by IrocZ85

You are trying to rip people off. You are a crook. You sold a guy a set of heads for $400 saying that they were ready to bolt on, when they were in very poor shape, and you NEVER mentioned the bent valves to the guy.

You are a piece of crap. I hate people like you.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Supreme Member

You have 17 negatives on Ebay Brian. That is an astronomically high number of negatives and is not something to brag about. I read those negative comments and they back up my findings that you do screw people over from time to time. You are a crook. I discussed the problem I had with the heads with you in an email and you ignored it, finally sending me an email telling me to go to hell. You pick and choose what emails to answer. You can't conduct business like that. I don't know how you sleep at night. You shipping me these bullsh it heads "quickly" wasn't doing anyone a favor other than yourself. You're lucky I have better things to do than contact law enforcement. You have never once offered to make things right, and that shows your true colors. I paid your sorry a ss instantly, you have no possible complaints about me or my conduct. I really should contact the FBI Internet Fraud department. I took many pictures and videos of me unwrapping the heads when I received them, because I suspected from your very bad attitude that something was awry with the transaction. I made sure I showed the USPS tracking code and also your name and address in the videos I took. I have a whole lot of proof of the condition of the parts you have sold me, and that they did indeed come from you. Since they are traceable to the USPS you have also committed mail fraud, with video and photographic evidence from me. This board would be a lot better off without you. You should be thrilled that I was willing to acknowledge that you are a lost cause, fix the heads at my expense, and move on.

The heads you sold me were full of chunks of piston aluminum shavings and showed lots of mechanical interference. You know well and good how blown up these heads are. This is not a mistake someone could possibly have made, in good conscience.

Last edited by 327_TPI_77_Maro; 10-14-2007 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Supreme Member

I say persue it and BBQ this POS A$$ and make him sorry ..... He is a crook simple as that he knew what was wrong with the heads there is no denying that ....... Don't let this little PRlCK get away with it anymore he probably did what many ebay'ers do buy their positive feedback .... do a search on ebay using positive feedback you can buy positive feedback LOLOLOL .... Don't let this SCUMM rip off anyone else .............. To the top for you
Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Supreme Member

John Walsh needs to get in on this ..... Would make a great TV reality show busting online theifs and making there lives miserable.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:46 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 89' T/A, 00' Firehawk
Engine: 406 Roller
Transmission: TH700R4 w/2800 stall
Axle/Gears: 3.23 Posi

Originally Posted by Jproz1167
John Walsh needs to get in on this ..... Would make a great TV reality show busting online theifs and making there lives miserable.
Right, he should get on this.

What were these heads sold as? Where there any pics sent before? I agree. The seller knew about the bent valves when he was selling. But the buyer should have done more research first. I've been lucky so far I have not been burned buying things on the net. I am sure I will someday, then I will be hunting someone down.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Supreme Member

lets all email this guy and flood his email
Old 10-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Supreme Member

I always like to give someone the benefit of the doubt, that if something like this goes wrong, that it's not a case of being "out to screw me" -- maybe he really desperately needed the money due to some unforseen life circumstances, and had no other way to come up with it quick enough, etc. It's still not an excuse to sell me junk, but I at least hope that there was some bigger reason why something like this happens, than just selling junk to people. I like to think that everyone is fundamentally a good person. Maybe I'm naiive in that respect.

I got the heads fixed, at a huge expense to me, so what's done is done. I had enough of trying to argue with his bad attitude. Some people you just can't speak sensibly with.

I spent $400 getting these heads that cost me $475, into a condition that they are now good used. The seats needed to be repaired, and I had to replace a handfull of valves. Yeah these heads cost about $850-900 new, so I have very used heads, for the cost of new. Most of the seats are not quite concentric with the guides, from being beaten by the bent valves, so the seat width around the valve is not consistent, but they will seal fine enough to run. But they are still clapped out old beat up heads, even after all that machine work. I would have had to replace the guides and do inserts on half of the seats to be able to have them concentric with the guides.

My hope is that other people learn from my mistake

Last edited by 327_TPI_77_Maro; 10-30-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:37 PM
86Z
TGO Supporter

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Car: 1986 Camaro SC
Engine: 305 TPI Procharged D1SC
Transmission: Tremec TKO-600
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt 3.73 posi

i'm sorry, but i dont usually get into other business but if you advertised these heads as excellent condition with 3k miles, then you need to refund this guy his money, you are the crook.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Supreme Member

"Coulda woulda shoulda", like I said guys, it's water under the bridge for me now, I ate the cost to bring these heads back to useable condition. I appreciate the concern for your fellow man though, it is good to know people give a crap about doing the right thing.
Old 11-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, what a d i ck! I was curious, so I looked up his original thread for those POS heads. Sat there and baited everyone up on the price. Even had the ***** to ask $550 for them, and stated they were in the same condition as they were when they were bought new a year ago. I have to agree with ya 327 that it's pretty much water under the bridge at this point, but I feel for ya. If you ever happen to be in his neighborhood, be sure to drop a large boulder on the roof of his car and dump a five pound bag of sugar in the gas tank! It may not get your money back, but you'd probably feel better afterwards.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Supreme Member

Yep, and people continue to buy from him on this board. I tried...
Old 01-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Banned

Car: 2006 Ford Mustang
Engine: 4.0 V-6
Transmission: Automatic
Axle/Gears: not sure

hey dude I know of this little punk, you want ur bucks back let me know. and this is to bring it to the beginning for everyone to see!!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Supreme Member

I already went to the huge expense of fixing these heads. If life were fair, he'd refund several hundred $$$ because the heads I bought from him were effectively very bad cores, even though he stated "like new". It cost a little under $300 in machine work to bring the heads into "ALMOST" the condition he stated they were in. They will never be as good as new because we had to remove so much material from a few of the valve seats. They almost weren't rebuildable, because a few of the seats were hammered so bad that we had a hard time at the machine shop, getting them to be round again.

Give him hell for sure. The best thing people can do is stop enabling him by purchasing parts from him. Most importantly, his Ebay user name is mkpam8o6m. The fact that he has 17 negatives really says something. Everyone who uses ebay knows that people are so afraid of retaliatory negative feedback, that someone who gets screwed over usually will leave no feedback at all, rather than negative feedback. So for 17 people to have the ***** to post negatives and take the heat for it, tells you there are probably 10 times as many people that got screwed by him, that were too afraid of getting a (-) feedback from him in response, to give him a negative.

Last edited by 327_TPI_77_Maro; 01-07-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:54 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: 1971 Camaro
Engine: 427
Transmission: TKO600
Axle/Gears: 3.73

Why does thirdgen.org not ban people that rob other members on this site?
Old 03-09-2008, 12:38 AM

Car: 90 IROC Z
Engine: 350 60 over
Transmission: t5 and 700r4
Axle/Gears: 3.08

I know how you feel this guy sold me a 350 with a cracked block. he sucks
Old 03-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Supreme Member

Digital rebel, I bet you that your block and my heads from this guy were originally the same motor. What a loser....
Old 12-10-2009, 08:50 PM

Hey folks, I am brand new here. I was just looking around and found this topic/thread. Its not just this site, or auto parts beleive me. Flea Bay, Pay Pal is not real help if you get stung, Flea Bay and Pay Pal has so many between the lines rules, and time limits its impossible for them to help. The only suggestion I can make is USE YOUR CREDIT CARD ! 'if' the seller can not take CC as payment {like most individuals can't} maybe the thing to do is deal with a company that can. And just in case your wondering....NO I do NOT own a auto parts company. I have just learned my lesson with a lot of private sellers. 750 invested in a set of worn out, busted up heads compaired to 800 for a brand new set with a warranty? I would rather spend the extra 50 and not have to deal with a private party thats giving you a hard time as soon as he/she gets paid. I hate giving big business money. But I LOVE getting what I paid for. If any site offers NO HELP with this sort of transaction, simply buy somewhere else. Most of the time you can find what your looking for local on Craigslist with a little patients. Or other publications.
Its a bad feeling getting ripped off, I have been there many times, Thanks to the NET. Whatever happened to paying for something via escroe ?
BOTH seller as well as buyer are covered that way.
Just my 2 cents !!! BUYER BEWARE !!!!!! Not everyone is as honest as most of us.