Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

Bad seller story

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad seller story

Don't know if this person frequents this board or not but beware if you deal with him...here's the story - Here is a link to the first post on this http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49120

His last response to me was on Feb. 26th. I have sent multiple PM's (5 or 6) and two emails with no response of any kind. I guess he decided to take the money and run. Here's the story.

He had a convertor for sale:
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48420&highlight=

I bought it and sent money order right away. Took several weeks to get it...thats what prompted the first negative feedback post above. After the post he did ship it and I did recieve it. Here's a pic of it right out of the box...which I sent him as well.:

http://img129.imageshack.us/my.php?image=convertor1ws0.jpg

As you can see it was junk from day one!! here is his response:
boostinmalibu - lets work this out...my cousin had been using the convertor, and he was changing to a 5 speed in his car, he told me the convertor was still good. let me get ahold of him and we can go from there...but you will get a refund, without a problem. ill just make him pay for it. i honestly didnt know that the convertor was junk. i went and picked up the convertor from his shop and the rags were in the top of it already, i took a box from him and shipped it on the way home. never looked inside the convertor, i took his word for it. sorry for all these problems, ill get it taken care of.

I figured he was going to tkae care of this like he should.

Here is the last reply I got from him back on the 26th:
boostinmalibu - i just talked to him, and i guess it didnt mess the tranny up at all...but he is staying auto...he told me was still good, but he is gonna give me the money for it, we will get this taken care of. he is moving to bigger things(nitrous), so i think thats why hes changing convertors

http://www.100mphclub.com/community/album_pic.php?pic_id=1152

came outta this car, this was taken the weekend before the tranny came out...worked flawless then, thats why i wasnt hesistant to sell it, i thought it was good, i dont like screwing people and selling junk, that car pulled 1.70 60's on stock suspension footbraking all motor going 11.80s @ 115 with a 355

I have not heard a word since...don't think i'm going to. His name is Tim Beezley from Joplin Missouri.

Some people might think I havent waited long enough...this started back on Jan. 30th. I have a car I'm trying to get ready and I need the cash to buy a NEW convertor. It was a lesson learned. I'll be posting this up on all the other web boards I'm a member of as well!
Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what is his username on TGO? Searching for "boostinmalibu" returned nothing.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:28 PM

I dont know if he is a member of TGO or not....that's why I listed his real name as well. I know a lot of people, like me, float between message boards. I have bought several things off of this site with no incident. I just wanted to let all the bowtie guys know about this guy. I know he has some RHS 220 heads for sale and some other misc. sbc stuff. If you buy from someone in the Joplin, MO area...its worth checking his real name first.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:39 PM

Car: '91 Z28
Engine: L98 H/C/I - 400whp
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: Moser 12-Bolt(4:30 w/spool)
I know Tim Beezley personally as well as his son. Tim own's a shop here in town, you want a phone number? PM me and I can help you out, I'm not personal friends with Tim and his son Robert, but I've been around them quite a few times and talked to them.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:49 AM

PM'd you....thanks