Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

Is this a scam.. I THINK SO!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 87 Formula
Engine: 350 tpi
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: Stock 9 bolt
Is this a scam.. I THINK SO!

Ok so i made a classfied selling my 85-90 gfx and this is what i got there are in reverse order so youll have to read from the top up. These are the emails sent back and fourth to each other

Actually.. Your going to have to cancle that i had an offer just before you sent me the email and he jus informed me today that he is going to come and pick them up

Kevin

ben sherman <ben_sherman005@yahoo.fr> wrote:
THANKS FOR THE MAIL I'M SENDING THE CHEQUE OF $9000 AND I'M SUPRISED THAT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SELLING FOR ME I'M TO BUY A PART FROM YOU AND YOU ASK ME TO MAKE YOU AN OFFER IS THAT OK.................

Kevin Steward <camaro502power@yahoo.com> wrote:
No i will not be avaible on thursday. Still dont quite understand how much money are you sending and what are you purchasing?

Kevin

HELLO kevin,
THANKS FOR THE UNDERSTANDING YOU HAVE RENDERED IN THIS TRANSACTION, I SPOKE TO MY CLIENT REGARDING THE CHECK AND HE SAID HIS BANK WILL ISSUE OUT THE CASHIERS CHECK OUT TO YOUR LOCATION,HE ALSO STATED TRUST BUT I TOLD HIM U ARE A TRUSTWORTHY PERSON AND A PERSON WE CAN RELY ON.HE ALSO STATED IN PHONE CONVERSATION THE EXCESS FUNDS YOU ARE MEANT TO WIRED WILL BE SENT TO OUR SHIPPER THAT SAME DAY ,SO THAT HE WILL COME FOR PICKUP AT YOUR LOCATION AS SOON AS POSIBLE.HOPE THIS IS UNDERSTANDABLE WITH YOU?.kevin, I WILL LIKE YOU HOLD ON FOR THE CHECK,YOU WILL GET IT PROBABLY NEXT WEEK BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF *** AND IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE AT HOME FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE CHECK I WILL LIKE YOU TO STATION SOMEONE FOR THE DELIVERY OF THE CHECK.AND ALSO I WILL LIKE YOU TO DEDUCT THE NECCESSARY EXPENSES FROM IT,LIKE THE COST OF CASHING THE CHECK THE COST OF WIRING THE EXCESS FUNDS TO MY SHIPPER,OK?.YOU WILL GET IT PROBABLY NEXT WEEK THURSDAY AND AS SOON AS YOU GET IT I WILL LIKE YOU TO PROCEED TO THE CASHING STORE TO CASH THE CHECK AND ALSO WIRE THE EXCESS FUNDS THE SAME DAY(THURSDAY),OK?IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT DO IT LIKE THAT KINDLY LET ME KNOW ,SO THAT I CAN CALL MY CLIENT TO HOLD ON TO THE CHECK,OK?.BECAUSE MY SHIIPPING AGENT WILL BE EXPECTING PAYMENT ON THURSDAYTHE SAME DAY YOU WILL RECIEVE THE CHECK,AND I DONT WANT ANYMISUNDERSTANDING,OK?.SO LET ME KNOW IF THIS TRANSACTION CAN PROCEED FURTHER LIKE THIS,COZ IF THE SHIPPING COMPANY CAN NOT GET THE FUNDS ON THURSDAY ! I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR DEMORAGE FEE AND ALSO DELAYMENT ON SHIPPING FUNDS.EMAIL ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,TO KNOW YOUR OWN SIDE OF IT,OK?.THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY.
REGARDS ben

Tjis email is slightly confusing? right now the car is stripped down....... how much is your offer for the ground effects?

My name and address is
kevin steward
3120 Range rd
Port Huron mi
Phone 1-810-434-7225

Thanks for the response. I have contacted my client he said he's ok with the price and she will issue to you a money order/cashier check of $9,000 after you send the following info: your full name.................. full address........................ postal code.................... phone number................... The money is for to you deduct your money and send the balance to the shipping company so that they can come for the picking-up the same day you received the cheque.My client said he's ready to pay ($7500) an take ($100)as an offer.then he want to use it for a film that will be shoot in new mexico.

Only pics i have are witht hem on the car they are still in the exact condition pictured they are excellent. Make an offer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=frontpass.jpg

> ATTACHMENT part 3 image/jpeg name=lastscan.jpg

> ATTACHMENT part 4 image/jpeg name=rearpass.jpg
Old 01-16-2005, 02:09 PM

Car: 1989 Iroc-Z
Engine: 350 TPI
Transmission: 700R4
thats the most popular scam out there, ive gotten like 3 since i put my car up for sale about a week ago.
Old 01-16-2005, 07:23 PM

Car: '89 rs convertible
Engine: ls1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi
Tell this moron to leave you alone and do not ever email you again. It is a scam , the check is fake and you'll end up in a lot of trouble with the bank if you cash that thing. I'll deal with Ben in the proper way, I'm gonna run every one of these dirtbags off this site. Anyone who gets emails of this nature , please post the scammer's email address in the sticky at the top of the forum.
Old 04-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Supreme Member

i did that with a 900 dollar check...same exact damn thing...he sent me a check for 900 bucks because he was buying a part off of me for like 50 bucks, i cashed it, wired the money back, the check came back fraud, and they withdrewel 900 bucks outta my savings account...f**kin ba*%ards...900 bucks is alot of ching to loose when your 17 making 6 bucks an hour....people are ignorant..