Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

Another Scam opinion

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1986 Iroc
Engine: 5.3
Transmission: 4L80E
Axle/Gears: 9 Inch w/ 3.55
Another Scam opinion

This is the email I got
AM INTERESTED IN PURCHASING YOUR 4 inch cowl,IF IS STILL AVAILABLE
FOR SALE LET ME KNOW THE LAST PRICE AND IF CERTIFIED CASHIER'S CHEQUE IS OKAY
FOR PAYMENT. ABOUT THE SHIPPING I HAVE A SHIPPING COMPANY THAT WILL HANDLE THE
SHIPPING FOR ME JUST LET ME KNOW THE PRESENT CONDITION AND I WILL LIKE TO VIEW
IT'S PICS.
THANKS,WAITING TO READ FROM YOU
janet

The thing that kind of threw me off was that every thinh is in cap lock except for the name and what I am selling like its prewriten.
Just looking for opinons never had this happen before.
Old 10-30-2004, 10:51 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 00 Camaro SS
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 6 speed
I have an 86 t/a I'm giving away and she sent me the exact email.She wanted to know "how much the final price was on the free 86 t/a"It is a scam.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:07 PM

Car: 1984 z28 ?iroc z? camaro
Engine: 305
Transmission: auto
i got a check from her today
Old 11-08-2004, 12:32 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '91 Z28
Engine: L98 5.7L TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 323's
i canx my deal with her because (1) it took more than 30 days and still no payment, and (2) she wanted me to see the excess amount to some orphanage instead of sending me a check and them a check... so who was her so-called shipping company? i'd like to know that, too. the whole thing sounded fishy cuz she uses the same message everytime. i had agreed to close the deal, but wrote her another e-mail the same day and told her i was done with it and not to contact me any further.

KAM
Old 11-09-2004, 09:39 PM

Car: Trans Am, Grand Am GT, Vibe Gt
Engine: 5.0, 3.4, 1.8
Transmission: std, auto, std
I got the same email from them dont fall for it.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:05 PM

Car: '89 rs convertible
Engine: ls1
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.73 posi
Do NOT deal with these people. They send you a check over the amount agreed and want you to send the overage back to them. IT IS A SCAM!!!! The bank will cash it and later on discover it's a fake! Guess who gets stuck paying the bank back? YOU!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:41 AM

Car: '97 T/A WS6
Engine: 350 LT1
Transmission: T-56
Axle/Gears: 3.42s
AM INTERESTED IN PURCHASING YOUR 92 RS ,IF IS STILL AVAILABLE
FOR SALE LET ME KNOW THE LAST PRICE AND IF CERTIFIED CASHIER'S CHEQUE
IS OKAY FOR PAYMENT. ABOUT THE SHIPPING I HAVE A SHIPPING COMPANY THAT
WILL HANDLE THE SHIPPING FOR ME JUST LET ME KNOW THE PRESENT CONDITION
AND I WILL LIKE TO VIEW IT'S PICS.
THANKS,WAITING TO READ FROM YOU.
gladys

Thats the exact same e-mail with a different product (my car) and a different name. What a bunch of ****s.

Then she said this...

Thanks for your mail,am okay with the price and condition of the car and i will be waiting to view the pics and in other to fasten this transaction i will want you to also get back to me with the full information you will use in recieving the cheque such as the full name the cheque will be drawn to,the full address where you can recieve the cheque,your office,home and cell phone number for fast communication,all this information are needed urgently so that i can forward it to my associate to send down the cheque payment to you this week.
Thanks and waiting to read from you.

gladys..........

Thats the 2nd email! She didnt even want to come look at the car and she was already making plans. O well at least i got like 4 other interested people.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:25 AM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 88 Camaro SC
Engine: SFI'd 350
Transmission: TKO 500
Axle/Gears: 9-bolt w/ 3.23's
Anyone who spells check 'cheque' isnt from this country. Its a scam plain and simple. Tell them if they want the car, show up with cash. Thats what I do when buying and selling a car.
Old 11-12-2004, 01:38 AM

Please post dear Gladys' email address, I've got some folks would love to make life fun for her (him?) the South African Law enforcement way. A couple of these dirtbags get busted , they'll go elsewhere.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Supreme Member

Car: '81 Trans Am
Engine: 6.6L
Transmission: auto 350
i get about 4-5 emails a day sometimes looking to buy my saturn and they are all different email addresses....so posting any of these scammers emails is useless there are millions im sure. Its been about a year sence i advetised my car on the net and im still getting these stupid scam emails.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:16 AM

You'd be very suprised what can be done about these lowlifes. They're starting to crack down on them and people are being arrested for this.
Old 11-14-2004, 12:25 PM
Supreme Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They are at it again !

Another scam try! This time it was signed by Lynda Brown. It was typed exactly the same way that grover85 had stated, except Tremec TKO, was typed in the blank. Cheque was also the main giveaway. I still played along, and, said everything was ok, and I even thanked her, (or them) for their purchace. If the $5000.00 check does come for my $2000.00 asking price, Im turning it over to the authorities. I already called my local police on the matter, as soon as I recieved the E-mail this morning. These stinking scumbags must be stopped. Please be aware and check the profiles of all prospective buyers, (and sellers) as well. I could have said $100.000, and they would have agreed to the price.....Thanks ..Tom
Old 11-14-2004, 02:27 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: Death Mobile
Engine: 666 c.i.
It's the Nigerian Cashiers Cheque Scam. As someone else mentioned, they will send you an "overpayment", say there was an error and due to the hassles of "redoing" the Cashiers Cheque, to just return the overage...and later the Cashier's Cheque turns out to be "phoney"...and you out the money and your parts.

Only accept PayPal or "DIRECT DEPOST/Wire Transfer". And, if you use "Wire Transfer", have it sent to a special bank account that has NO overdraft and NO money in it. It is STRICTLY to receive funds, and have the bank place a hold. Discuss this with your bank.

Of course, when you ask for "PayPal or Wire Transfer", they will disappear. It has been known for sometime now that these people have been scoping out TGO classifieds for sometime.

Also, since they now have confirmed your e-mail account, that too is also being sent to a "spoofer" as we speak. Excpect to start to receive "official looking" e-mails from major banks/credit cards saying "we had a problem with our computer system and need you to confirm your account"...and then you get directed to a program that while it's asking your personal questions (to steal your idenity), they also will attempt to slam a "data logger" to capture your keystrokes and hopefully find your bank accounts/credit cards.

These people are making it REALLY DIFFICULT to do business on the Internet anymore. Personally, if I had a TGO classified, I would ONLY do business that was a current TGO member which I could trace some posts.