Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

Anyone in East Haven, CT ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-Z
Engine: 305 TPI
Anyone in East Haven, CT ?

This guy seems to have quit responding to my emails. Does anyone know him ?

Anthony Benevich
Address Edited Out
East Haven, CT
tonedawg2000 AT hotmail.com

We agreed to trade parts and ship on the same day. I shipped, he didn't. Now I can't get him to respond to emails. At this time I am hoping that he has a good reason for not staying in contact with me or for not shipping as agreed.

Anthony,
If you read this, please respond. I have emailed you several times with no response. If you don't respond by noon (10-16-2004) my time then forget about shipping the dash pad as I will purchase one else where.

Last edited by NascarFool; 10-24-2004 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:53 PM

Okay, I have given Anthony plenty of time to contact me. Obviously he has turned his cell phone off. DO NOT TRADE WITH THIS GUY !

*Edit #1*
I have made phone contact with Anthony. I don't think he is out to rip me off, just poor trading practices. Thanks for answering the phone Anthony.

*Edit #2*
Still no dash pad. I tried several times to contact Anthony again with no luck. I finally turned all the info over to a friend that does collections/bail bonds/bounty hunter. He made one phone call to Anthony and explained to him that mail fraud and theft charges were going to be filed with the Denver Police and the Post Office if the dash pad wasn't shipped. Four hours later, he got a call back with a delivery confirmation number and said that if the "first" dash pad shows up I can keep both. I'm willing to bet my Iroc-Z pink slip that there never was a "first" dash pad shipped. My friend was very professional and not once did he threaten him (I was there when he called).
Now I fear that I may be getting a damaged dash pad and not a "mint" dash pad as stated in the emails. I strongly advise people to avoid dealing with this guy. I still don't think he is out to rip anyone off, he just has very poor priorities on when to finish a deal.

Last edited by NascarFool; 10-24-2004 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:32 PM

Ok, now I am PO'd. The dash pad arrived today wrapped in plastic . . . . . that's right, in plastic a little heavier than a garbage bag, no box, just plastic, tape and a shipping label. As I pulled the plastic wrap off things were looking good. A black dash pad was slowly coming out. Then . . . . . .GRRRRRRRRRR. . . . .out pops a damned FIREBIRD dash pad with cracked corners. I am extremely upset with this guy now. Legal actions will begin after the 28th.

This is the reply I got when I told him that I would trade my gauge pod and gauges for a dash pad to fit an 89 Iroc-Z:

i have a mint condition dash pad (black) in my old 86 thats still sitting
around....would like to make an even trade if you wish....email me back and
let me know, ill have pics for u if u want

Anthony

I wish I knew what his user name was on here. All I have is his name, address and cell number. He never did send me any pics. The pics posted below were taken by me when I unwrapped the dash pad 9-25-04.

Pics in the links, not 56k friendly.

Dash Pad
Left Corner
Right Corner