Classified Ads Feedback Board Use this board to discuss your Classifieds transactions, buyers, and sellers. Do Not post ads here, they will be deleted on sight and without notice.

pokes87iroc / AKA Ellis Smeal

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2003, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pokes87iroc / AKA Ellis Smeal

Well, I really didn't want to post this, as I sell a good bit of parts, and I know how hard it can be when normal everyday things get in the way, but this is not the case.

I contacted Ellis about an ad he placed in the classifieds ( which recently was deleted.. ) and inquired about a 145mph speedometer, a lower shift boot for a 5spd Camaro, and a 5 speed console plate w/ boot. He responded he had them all, and they were ALL IN GOOD SHAPE....however he did mention that he had painted the needles of the gauges red, but not the speedometer. So we agreed on a price, and I sent him a money order on 3/18/03.

Around the 3/25 or so, I emailed him to make sure he got the money order, no response. I emailed him again on 3/28 or so, and he emailed me back saying he got it, and it would ship the following day.

I emailed him again around 4/4, as I still hadn't received the package, it was coming from PA to VA, so it's not like it's cross-country, I understand the shipping zones / times very well.

No response. I finally got a response that weekend, and he said it had been sent etc...no tracking info was mentioned, even though I inquired if he had one everytime I sent an email.

The package arrived on 4/7/03. At this point, I'm NOT EVEN UPSET...sure it took awhile to get the parts, but I know how it can be sometimes....

So I open the box and I become upset.

The "good" condition shifter plate ( his words, I asked specifically ) had MULTIPLE rips and tears in the shifter boot, and the whole boot is damn near paper thin it's so worn out....this again, NO BIG DEAL, I can get a shift boot. Then I notice the CORNER of the plate itself is BROKEN OFF!!!! And another corner is cracked!!! I passed on buying a NICE used plate off Ebay, because I took Ellis at his word about this plate...

The lower shift boot is okay...but I'd already found one at a junkyard since it took so long to get this one, but it IS a good part....

On to the instrument cluster. Yes, the needles were painted red...he didn't tell me they were painted red by a shaking drunk!!! There is red paint splattered on every gauge BUT the speedometer, and to top it off, the needle on the water temp gauge is BROKEN, and the cluster has "parts" rattling around inside of it.

I emailed Ellis on 4/7, the day I received the parts, letting him know the condition they were in, and what did he have to say about the situation....

He hasn't responded.

So just a heads up, guys and gals, don't deal with this guy....way too shady for me.

And the kicker is, I paid with a US postal money order, and under law, I can file a mail fraud claim, as the parts represented aren't what was sent....but it's not worth it....it's just the point of it all.

Chris