Carburetors Carb discussion and questions. Upgrading your Third Gen's carburetor, swapping TBI to carburetor, or TPI to carburetor? Need LG4 or H.O. info? Post it here.

Street Dominator

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Street Dominator

Anyone running now or have experience with the Holley 750 street dominator.Does it hold a tune ,is it streetable,Pro and Cons.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:51 PM
Supreme Member

Do you mean the 750cfm Dominator or the Street Dominator manifold? The 750cfm Dominator isn't exactly a street carb..and isn't really refered to as such in anything I've read.

Of course..there is always the occational nut liek me that runs one on the street

------------------
"American made baby. 100% American iron. The muscle among the masses. My hero. Yep, you can take your ergonomically designed, space age, computer controlled, 4 door, cup holding map lighted split double wishbone split fold down retractable cargo covered moon roof piece of transportation and keep it. For I have felt the thunder. And I know the difference!"
JSP Motorsports
ICON Motorsports
Old 12-10-2001, 12:27 AM

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I saw the pictures of the Dominator on your web page.By the way how much boost are you running and where did you get your carb bonnet.Gotta Love Tayler Hayes.HaHa
Old 12-10-2001, 01:39 AM
Supreme Member

I had to make the bonnet. I couldn't find one with a dominator sized neck. The boost isn't connected yet...but I hope to see something in the low teens.

I guess you meant the carb..lol. It's not the same thing as a regular 750DP with a bigger flange. It is definatly a true dominator..despite the smallish 750 rating. It's the same casting as the 1150 dominators, same size throttle plates and everything. The difference is it has a skirted annular booster that takes up more space. The bleeds are calibrated for much bigger cams, larger squirters, dual 50cc pumps, the "progressive" linkage is much more aggressive, etc, etc.

Taylor would dig it

------------------
"American made baby. 100% American iron. The muscle among the masses. My hero. Yep, you can take your ergonomically designed, space age, computer controlled, 4 door, cup holding map lighted split double wishbone split fold down retractable cargo covered moon roof piece of transportation and keep it. For I have felt the thunder. And I know the difference!"
JSP Motorsports
ICON Motorsports