Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

Car Alarm Success Stories...?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 10:05 AM
Supreme Member

Location: "No one cares if you're in before the lock!" - Best quote ever.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Alarm Success Stories...?

My friends' Mustang just got it's stereo, amp, etc. ripped off last night.....it was the one night he hadn't put the car in the garage, and *poof*, **** got stolen...they drilled the lock right out, apparently, and just ransacked the car. So, feeling a little insecure, I'd like to hear your car alarm success stories - I've heard plenty where people just cut the wires and were done with it, and got ripped off - I'd like to hear of effective car alarms, what happend, what type, and maybe how they were installed....? I don't have a lot of high-end stuff currently, just my deck, and I didn't want to buy any more equipment until I was at least a BIT more secure....(my safety device for the deck right now currently consists of the deck lined with rszor blades...if someone wants it enough, I at least want them to work for it....). Thanks alot.
Old 04-10-2002, 12:00 PM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1986 Firebird
Engine: 2.8 V6
Transmission: 700R4
Not like I have a success story (the one time my car was robbed, it was on a flatbed wrecker, with the windows down, after an accident, and I was in no "mood" to set the alarm. The next day I went back, and some cheap fck ripped out anything that wasn't bolted down. The bastards even took my mag light!!), but definately hide that control box well. Hide the wiring to the battery well, too. Somehow, "armor" the wires to the siren. If you can, put the siren in a spot where it's hard to get at. If they pop the hood and your alarm's power wire or siren wires are right there....