Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

My Sound System... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2001, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Sound System... HELP!

I have a '91 Camaro RS. I put Sony Xplod 6x9's in the rear but I don't like them much now. I'm going to take them back and get somethin else. I've had them for about 2 or 3 months. I don't want a lot of bass in those, I want to hear my music and the words. I'm getting subwoofers eventually so I'm not that worried bout bass yet. I'm thinking of getting some 5½'s or 6½'s to go in my rear panels. Will they fit? If not what would I have 2 do to make them fit. When I get the money I'm going to order me a pair of kick panels and put a polk audio component set in there that cost $230. Are they Sony Xplod 6½ and 5½ speakers any good? If not what are some good speakers that would sound good with not too much bass in them?

------------------
Cody

'91 Camaro RS (in readers rides)
Dark Metallic Blue
V6, 4th Gen Seats, Sony Xplod CD Player and Sony Xplod 6x9's, Kelly Charger Front Tires. Soon to come, Polk Audio Component System, 2 6½ Polk Audio Speakers(out with the Xplod 6x9's), New Rims, New Rear Tires, Carpet, Floor Mats, Paint Job, Interior Color Change.
E-mail me for any questions or comments.
AdidasPredator15@jam.rr.com
http://geocities.com/adidaspredator21/index.html
Old 07-04-2001, 03:25 PM

i'm running Pioneer all around right now.. The 6x9's give me most of my mid-bass, and some low level guitar sounds.. while my 4x6's seem to push most of the high's. I built a box to sit all the way down in the trunk basin(so I my t-tops can still go in the bag when I take them off.) It holds 1 10" Pioneer IMPP(TSW28C). it doesn't have CRAZY bass. it'll hit pretty hard if I crank it, but that's not my style. I'm running a US Acoustics USX2080 amp to the 10"(280w. bridged.) I just hooked everything up last night(car was broke for a week) and it sounds great.. exactly what I wanted.

the bass is set to 0 on the head unit, so my other speakers aren't getting bass, I made up for it with the amp's gain and crossover.

Anthony
Old 07-04-2001, 05:04 PM

Both 5 and 6 inch speakers will fit in the back but you gotta modify a plate for them to fit on. I got 6x9s in the back hooked up to a crossover and they put out nice highs then a component set up front in q-forms. Keep this in mind if you order the q-forms. There just a crappy piece of plastic designed to look nice. Takes a lil bit of work to get them sounding good. You have to build a tiny enclosure around the woofer otherwise alls you have is a giant tweeter panel lol.
Old 07-04-2001, 05:37 PM

What about DJSexay's kick panels? Are they any good? Also, what would I use to modify that back panel so that a 6½ or 5½ would fit?

------------------
Cody

'91 Camaro RS (in readers rides)
Dark Metallic Blue
V6, 4th Gen Seats, Sony Xplod CD Player and Sony Xplod 6x9's, Kelly Charger Front Tires. Soon to come, Polk Audio Component System, 2 6½ Polk Audio Speakers(out with the Xplod 6x9's), New Rims, New Rear Tires, Carpet, Floor Mats, Paint Job, Interior Color Change.
E-mail me for any questions or comments.
AdidasPredator15@jam.rr.com