Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

viper alarm not going off for anything....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 2k3 Cadillac CTS
Engine: LB9
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3:43
viper alarm not going off for anything....

i just got my car back yesterday from the alarm place, and it took them five hours to install a viper 500, which i think is rediculous. on top of that, for some reason i cant find a way to get it to sound a warning chirp, let alone set the dumb thing off. my cats walk on my car, i tried and opening the door, i shook the car and nothing will get it to sound. is there something wrong with the install? this is a really reputable place, its got that one dollar install claim. they are a licensed dealer of viper also. i cant figure this out, im gonna take my car back to them to work on it but they take so darn long to do anything im a little worried i will never see my car back, anyone have any suggestions? thanks
Old 12-31-2001, 05:25 PM
Supreme Member

Sounds like they need to adjust the sensitivity level. Just take it back down there and have to readjust it.
Old 12-31-2001, 06:39 PM

Car: Formula
Engine: 400 sbc
Transmission: 700r4
you'd think that having an alarm it'd go off easy at times yet not every time something heavy, a loud stereo or a crotch rocket goes by...
mine is/was/is still pretty flaky.. i dunno why.. i've gone several times to get it fixed.. they say it's fixed.. but i don't think they do anything...
i was talking to this beautifull lady about 30 feet from my car and my buddies got this good idea to make my alarm go off so i'd stop talking to her.. neways.. somebody yells to me "Hey Eric, you're alarm's a POS!" so i turn around and he's bouncing my car by the driver side.. pulling up and down on the wheelwell (which i got pissed off at) neways.. my alarm wasn't going off.. then later that day i was parked and me and one of my mustang friends were trying to figure out if u could put fog lights on a formula w/o ground effects being added... so i lightlly just ever so lightlly touch my front bumber, about 2 inches from where the licence plate in the front should be (look ugly in my opinion.. so i don't have mine on) and it goes off... ?
when i have my t-tops off.. sometimes i can get a cd out of my car.. from the jewel case in the center console.. or even my cd case.. other times i'll just barelly touch my seat and it goes off..
it hasn't ever been fixed yet... been to the "shop" at least 4 times trying to get it right..
relocating and adjusting the sesentivity on the sensor.....
Old 01-06-2002, 11:50 AM

Car: 87' Firebird
Engine: 2.8L
Transmission: Standard
i had that exact same problem with my viper alarm. so i brought my car back and told them they did a $h1t job. then i felt stupid because they told me that i just had it on what is called vallett mode. he pressed a couple buttons on my remote and ...vwalla, chirp chirp* it tells you how to turn off vallett mode in the instruction manual. now im not sure if thats what the prob is w/ yours but sounds like it to me.