Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

Kenwood Sub

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenwood Sub

I don't usually use Kenwood stuff but the 92Camaro I recently bought has a head unit and four nice speakers by them. I am thinking about adding one on their powered sub woofers. 8" or 10". I don't have a main power amp.
Whatayouguysthink?
Bear Tracks
Old 10-18-2000, 08:50 PM

Car: 88 IROC-Z (Sold)
Engine: 5.7L
Transmission: 700R4
Well, I guess it depends on what you are aiming for. If you just want to do an inexpensive stereo, and sound quality, or loudness do not matter, then go for it. Personally, I would save up and get some really good equipment, which is what I am doing now for mine. I do not really have much experiance with Kenwood, but I know that there is better equipment out there. What kind of amp do you want to get for it? Good luck.

Matt

------------------
irocet@hotmail.com

drive.to/Stang_Kilr

88 IROC-Z -- 350 L-98, 700R4, Flowmaster, K&N, MAF Sceens Gone, Airfoil, March Pullies, Comp Cams Magnum 1.6 Roller Rockers, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Accel 8.8 mm Wires, Hypertech Cap & Coil, Hypertech Chip, Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace, One Loud Stereo!
Old 10-18-2000, 09:20 PM

I would ask this from you, what are you looking for? Do you want alot of bass or just a little bump in the rear. If you want just a little bass then the Kenwood powered subs are great,I have dealt with them before. The eights sound great. If you want alot of bass then I would recomend a set of Cerwin Vega subs. They do need a strong high powered amp but you will be thumping.If you are intrested in the subs let me know I have a set still in thier original box, also have some amps in the box.Good luck with what ever you choose.
Old 10-19-2000, 01:34 PM

Actually this is my second vehicle and I have killer system in my main ride so I don't want to add a power amp. Just a little more bass.

Thanks for the opinions