Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

man what a diffrence!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1983 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH350
man what a diffrence!

today i found the stereo i have been looking for for like a year, soon as i found it i got it and installed it>it was a panasonic cq-dfx700u. anyway i use to have a clarion cd player not old at i got it new like 2 years ago maby less and was not cheap. before the install i was not happy with the sound of my system even though i had everything i need but soon as i heard the new cd player it made the system sound so much better in everyway. no cracks and was so clear not matter how high the volume was. anyway i had no clue that the unit could cause bad sounding systems i thought u only blame the amp and speakers. so for the dudes hateing there systems look into maby a new head unit.
Old 02-19-2004, 07:10 AM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 85 firebird
Engine: Pos 2.8 pulled and replaced with a 350 tpi motor converted to carb.
Transmission: 700r4, vette servo,shift kit, hayden 15"x8" trans cooler.
The head unit is the main part of the system, A good head unit will put out a clean,powerful signal. From there it trickels down the line to the amps on to the speakers. If you have a head unit that is puttting out a weak, distorted signal than all the amps are gonna do its amplify that same source.
I had the same exp you did when i switched from my old pioneer to the kenwood i have now. The pioneer had these patheticly weak pre outs.