Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

Kicker Comp VR

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 06:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kicker Comp VR

Does anyone have the old 01 model Kicker Comp VR 12" subs?(01C12vr)'s. If so, what kind of amp are you pushing them to? Because right now I have a 600 watt Profile California amp (I know, piece of crap) and the Comp just keeps blowing fuses, I'm pretty sure its not the ground wire or any of the other things that cause fuses to continually blow. Actually I know it's not because I have ran two other types of subs to them and they ran fine. But right now the amp wont even power one of these beastly Comp's without blowing a fuse in bridged mode. I just bought a Rockford Fosgate 500a2...do you think that will do the trick? Its got 250 going to each channel in 4 ohm mode, which I imagine is about the same as the Profile, but its a good name brand and I know for a fact its a better amp. I have a lot of trust in Rockford Fosgate and I got a good deal on the amp. I'll try to get some pics up once i get the distributor box and get them all wired up. I just want to see if anyone has experience with 12" Kicker Comp VR's though.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:56 AM

I know a tad about the Kicker stuff.

But you have trued different subs to this Profile amp?
Old 10-16-2003, 05:29 AM

oh yea i had two 10"s running to it right before i got these comp's and they actually worked really well. I just get the feeling now that the amp cant handle the power of these 12" Kicker subs.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:29 AM

so are the woofers stopping from playing, and fuses are blowing just when you hook these up?
Old 10-16-2003, 08:45 PM

yea it will work for a little bit and then just die and ill check the fuse and it will be blown....that rockford fosgate 500a2 wont work because it only has 10 gauge inputs which kinda sucks...but i got a 300 watt Planet Audio amp and it seems to be working good but i havent hit the road yet which is the real test....if this one doesnt work what amp do you suggest for the long term that will provide plenty of power to both (when i get the other one fixed)....which reminds me, do you have any idea where i could find the 01 model..i cant find it anywhere.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:20 AM

the '01 woofer???

If it doesn't work with that woofer, i would say it's blown...and it's blowing the fuses..
Old 10-17-2003, 11:47 AM

i didnt understand that...the amp is blown or the speaker is? i know the speaker isnt and the amp isnt either because we just wired it up to my friends speakers....ok since you obviously dont understand me ill just start over and ask a new question....what amp do you suggest i should use to push two of the 01 12" comp vrs? Something that is reasonably priced would be ideal.
Old 10-17-2003, 12:07 PM

JBL 6001

if the woofer plays on another amp, then it is the amp...if the woofer pops fuses on two different amps, it's the sub