Car Audio Car audio related questions and helpful hints for building the best sound system for your car or getting the most out of what you have.

can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: plain ol' 3-0-5...for now LoL
Transmission: aUTo
can anyone help?

well here's the problem..... for some reason a 25 amp fuse in my main fuse panel keeps blowing. I never had a problem with it before I hooked up the remote punch bass, so I unhooked the punch bass and everything seemed to be working alright, but the next day I'm going down the road and it blows the fuse so I replace it and all is well again tiil it gets to Jay-Z ( "Big Pimpin" I believe it was and it blows again....sure Jay-Z may not have anything to do with it but that is the same song I was listening to the first time the fuse blew as I was going down the road.... anyone got any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance! :hail:
Old 06-24-2003, 06:01 PM

If you have any kind of amplifiers hooked up they may be drawing too much power (depending on how you hooked them up). If you do not have any amps running, try to run a new power and ignition wire straight to the ignition harness. Just remember to ALWAYS fuse power connections.
Old 06-25-2003, 07:41 PM

Car: 1985 Trans Am
Engine: plain ol' 3-0-5...for now LoL
Transmission: aUTo
ya, I have a Rockford Fosgate Punch 400s hooked up to the cd player, but all I'm saying is that I never had the problem till I hooked up the Remote Punch Bass.... The only other thing that I've did is "modify" my speaker box.... ~MODIFY-I had a sub box that sat in the rear well but the speakers fired toward the rear of the car so I cut new holes in the top and put plexiglass over the old holes, and recently I have replaced the ****ty (temporary) plexiglass with a new piece of wood~ I don't see y the new piece of wood would change anything though

Well, anyone got any ideas now?
Old 06-26-2003, 08:54 AM

When you use the punch bass it only boosts the frequency not the volume or gain of the amplifier. By boosting the frequency that your box is tuned to it makes the amplifier draw more power. Therefore using more amperage and blowing the fuse. Like I said before, try running new wires straight to the ignition harness. Your radio is not on its own fuse. that fuse is shared with a multitude of other things. by running new wires, you will be decreasing the strain on the fuse.