Camaros for Sale Post your Camaro for Sale.

1992 Camaro RS v8 w/Heritage Package & Corvette Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1988 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am Vert
Engine: 5.0L TPI
Transmission: 5-Speed
Axle/Gears: 3.08
1992 Camaro RS v8 w/Heritage Package & Corvette Wheels

For Sale: 1992 Camaro RS v8 w/Heritage Package

I felt like the luckiest guy in the world 3 years ago when I stumbled across my car. I hadn’t ever seen a 25th anniversary around where I live before, so to get a shot at one was one was of the best feelings ever. Over the course of the last 36 months, I’ve put my heart and soul (and every spare cent that I’ve had) into bringing this car back to where I felt it should be. I’m graduating college in November and looking to pick up a daily driver, I know that I’m going to miss the car once it’s gone, but I think that it’s for the best at this point.

Now for the details:
(This is what came with the car when purchased from the dealer)

1992 Camaro RS 2-Door Coupe
Bright Red

AR9 - Gray Custom Cloth Bucket Seats
CC1 – Removable Roof Panels w/Locks
C49 – Electric rear window defogger
L03 – 5.0 Liter EFI V8 Engine
MX0 – Automatic Trans w/ Overdrive
N96 – 16” Aluminum Wheels with Locks
QMT – P235/55 R-16 Radials
Y86 – Camaro RS
Z03 – Heritage Package
1SC – Camaro RS Preferred Equipment
Air Conditioning
Stereo
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Cruise Control
Power Hatch Release
Rear Compartment Cover
Body Side Moldings
Color Keyed Front and Rear Floor Mats
Mirror w/Dual Reading Lamps
1SZ Preferred Equipment Savings
81U – Bright Red

As you can see from my sig as well as the pictures below, I’ve clearly done a bit more to the car to keep it in excellent condition. Here’s a list off the top of my head:

Appearance Related
Clear side signal lenses
Red and Black IROC Z28 Front Grille (to get rid of the terrible stock RS one)
Fog Lights (With a switch wired directly into the stock location)
17x9.5” Front and 17x11” Rear ZR1 Corvette Wheels (w/Skullte Adapters & Locking Lugs)
Brand New Kuhmo Front 275 R17 Front Tires
Brand New Sumitomo Rear 315 10 R17 Rear Tires
Underbody clearanced to fit wheels and tires
Red Tailight Mod – I deleted the amber sections in the famous grid taillights. You can see the article and process pictures here: (https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/auto...light-mod.html)
Replacement RS Rocker Emblems
Tinted Windows
Replacement Floor Mats
Gray ABS Plastic Headliner Kit
Gray Replacement Sunvisors
Gray Replacement Sail Panels
Brand New OEW window and Door Switches (in White)

Performance Related
B&M Shift Kit for 700R4 Automatic Trans
Deleted A/C (Replaced with the correct Factory A/C Delete Pulley and Air-box)
TDS Front Wonderbar (This helped handling a lot)
Spohn Powdercoated (Red) Subframe Connectors (Bolted in and Welded the correct way, with painted welds to match)
Powdercoated (Blact) Rear Panhard bar
Ceramic Coated Hooker 2055 Headers
3” Hooker Aerochamber Catback Exhaust w/ Duel outlets
3” High Flow Catco Catalytic Converter
Edelbrock Open Air Element Filter
Accel Plug Wires

I’ve done 99% of the maintenance to this car myself (excluding one or two oil changes), and I can personally confirm that the vehicle has been well taken care of as long as I’ve owned it. I have changed the oil every 2,500 to 3,000 miles, changed the brakes as needed (front and rear), transmission fluid less than 10,000 miles ago, and Coolant less than 5,000 miles ago. The car has never been in any accidents (I carfaxed it before I bought it, and it has a clean history), and looks extremely amazing for being nearly 15 years old. I stored the car every single winter that I owned it, it’s seen very little driving in the rain, and it’s been waxed once a year for the last three years. The previous owner told me that he also stored it in the winter while he owned it.

The car had a paintjob before I purchased it, so the paint looks much better than most of the stock Camaros out on the road today. In my opinion, the quality of the paintjob was sub-par in that I’ve noticed some small spots in the harder to reach areas that weren’t covered perfectly as well as some other areas that don’t match exactly perfectly. Correct vinyl heritage stripes were applied again after the car was painted.

The car comes with two (yes TWO) sets of T-tops. I bought a second set for the car because the pair that was on the car originally (when I bought it) didn’t’ match. I think that the guy that owned it, broke one and replaced it with one of another year. No worries though, they match properly now.

What the car needs:
1) Weather-stripping – This was to be my next project on the car. The t-tops leak very slightly in the rain, and I didn’t want to see it impact the interior.
2) Hood – There is a small dent (maybe 1” in diameter) in the front of the hood between the stripes. The guy that was storing my car for me last winter put the car in a barn and something fell on it. It has some touchup paint on it for the time being and is not noticeable without looking closely.
3) Paint on the roof behind the t-tops. There is some very minor rust on the roof far behind the t-tops. It’s bubbling up underneath the paint and should be attended to in the next 1-2 years. The rust is not in a place that will impact the t-tops.
4) Replacement hook and hatch shocks – These aren’t anywhere near critical, but I have noticed lately that they are having a hard time holding the hatch and hood completely open. This shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes and $50 at autozone.
5) Front Brakes – These are getting worn again and could use replacing. (Good news though, read below)

Spare parts that I have sitting around:
1) LS1 FRONT AND REAR DISC BRAKES! – I pulled these off a 2002 camaro myself less than 6 months ago. The set includes LS1 front and rear calipers, and cross-drilled and slotted front Baer rotors. The rotors have less than 5,000 miles on them and the calipers are in excellent shape. This is an AWESOME upgrade for any thirdgen, and a very sought-after set.
2) Aftermarket adjustable proportioning valve – This will need to be installed with the LS1 brakes in order to provide enough pressure to the back calipers and pads.
3) New OEM windshield washer bottle – I noticed that mine was turning a little yellow. I have this new and in box waiting to be installed. (This should take 20-30 minutes on a nice day).
4) A spare OEM antenna.

Electronics:
1) Pioneer CD Player w/MP3 Capability – This is an awesome deck. It playes regular CD’s and MP3 discs with ease. The video display is in fantastic working order.
2) Aftermarket rear 6x9 speakers. (I believe that these are JBLs, but I don’t recall.) They were in the car when I got it from the previous owner. They put out AMAZING sound and don’t distort at all.
3) 10” subwoofer with enclosed amplifier – This isn’t a massive setup, and is quite old. It works very well however at giving the music the extra kick that it needs without overdoing it. The car is also wired for a CD changer in the rear, but I never installed one.

All in all, I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot with this car. The next thing on the list was a 383 EFI stroker motor, but I obviously didn’t get that far with it yet. The 305 has a lot of miles on it but runs very strong, and has been well maintained. GM produced the L03 to be a strong, long-lived engine, and that’s exactly what you’re going to be getting with the vehicle. I’m sure that I haven’t covered everything that I wanted to, but this should definitely be enough to get you thinking about the car. Please don’t hesitate to PM or email me with any questions, or to set up a time to view or drive the car. As you can probably tell, I’ve spent a lot of time with this car learning about it, and taking care of it, so I can most likely answer any questions that you have.

With the heritage package, loaded interior, corvette wheels, electronics, suspension components, and LS1 brake setup, I feel like a $6500 asking price is fair for this car. I’m aware that the blue-book value says otherwise, but it is of course not taking all of these things into consideration. It’s also a well-known fact that blue-books are only a guideline for these cars, and should be treated as such. I’m willing to be fair, so if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’m going to be sad to see the car go, but I’m hoping that whoever gets it is going to love it and take care of it as I did.

Thanks,
--Pat
pmd6267@rit.edu

P.S. – The car looks almost orange in some of these pictures, but in reality it’s a very vibrant bright red. The camera that I was using at the time wasn’t very good.

Old 09-17-2006, 08:59 PM

Last edited by DigitalMonarch0; 09-17-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:59 PM

more pics

P.S - The car is located in Rochester NY 14606 and has 100,200 miles on the clock.

Last edited by DigitalMonarch0; 09-17-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:00 PM

more pics

//deleted (extra post, sorry)

Last edited by DigitalMonarch0; 09-17-2006 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beautiful car! Ive been lurking for a while for different cars for sale,and hope you find a new owner.Sorry,its wee bit out of my price range for that model year/package but a nice car nonetheless.Hard to find people like you who truly take good care of their cars.Heres a TTT for ya and good luck!

Old 09-19-2006, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by FireLessOne
Beautiful car! Ive been lurking for a while for different cars for sale,and hope you find a new owner.Sorry,its wee bit out of my price range for that model year/package but a nice car nonetheless.Hard to find people like you who truly take good care of their cars.Heres a TTT for ya and good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it!

BUMP - Any interest from anyone in the upstate NY area?