Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

You Didn't Let Me Finish ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2002, 05:30 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: too many ...
You Didn't Let Me Finish ...

This is regarding the earlier post witch has now been locked. I didn't really want to start a new thread but I wrote all this up while the thread was still open, and then you closed it right when i was done ... didn't wanna just delete it all ... I just wanted to clear this up with all the moderators and I dont know all their handles so I can't PM them.

Looks like my post brought up alot of deep feelings of hate, so I am sorry. I never expected responces like this. If I had known that you consider the newer styling of cars the 'Enemy' and that would cause you to 'Hate' me, I would never have even posted here in the first place. Believe it or not, I too enjoy classic muscle cars, sports cars, classic rock, and heavy metal. I also enjoy imports, sporttrucks, lowriders, rap, reggae, and everything else someone born in the 80's would enjoy. I dont hate any type of car or any type of person. I also dont hate people because of what they drive or what they listen too. If I had a closed minded attitude like that, I'm sure I would not have been able to enjoy half the things I have so far in my life. I understand what you are saying about the rebels of our generation ... Kids that ride around in a slammed honda bumping bass super loud. I know lots of people like this and hardly any of them are Scum bags. I dont know how you can make such a generization. Just remember that each generation has its rebels. I'm sure when muscle cars became the 'in' thing, people that drove around with loud exhaust slamming rock or metal music and doing burnouts on the streets didnt make the older crowd too happy. Time repeats itself my friend. I dont want to get into the 'Enemy' thing because that is just a stupid argument and totaly irrelevant. When you street race, everyone is the enemy for a few minutes because you are trying to beat them. Dosn't matter what they drive. I've never heard someone say "Well he wooped my *** but he was driving a muscle car so I'm happy about it." It would be nice if we could all just consider ourselves 'auto enthusiasts' and get along but apparently it isn't like that. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. So anyway, I'll get off this subject now ... Lock/delete this post or whatever. Sorry to bring it to the boards but I felt it needed to be said because of the sheer number of posts locked whem people try to talk about new original appearance modifications. I wish we had a place to discuss this kinda stuff, but oh well. I will try my hardest not to start any more threads in the appearance section dealing with any new original styles or ideas. Maybe you'll see my car on a magazine cover someday, but I guarantee you wont read about it here. I will still continue to try and help people with their ideas .. if its OK with you guys. If you want me to leave, just say so and I'm gone.

I would sudgest you stop hating everything and start making new friends. You will have alot more fun in life this way.

I would also like to clear some things up before I'm done:

Rice is the EXTREME of changing the appearance of your car to make it look faster than it really is. If someone puts a new hood on their car, its not rice. It is rice when people go so overboard it looks silly. You see this most commonly today with imports but it can be done with domestics. Changing the appearance of a domestic car to a newer smoother style does not make it rice. Look at all 4th gen Camaros. The basic body style of a 4th gen Camaro adheres to the 'new' style of today. Its not blocky .. its smooth. I dont think 4th gen Camaros are rice. So if someone wants to make their 3rd gen Camaro smoother, why would that make them rice? Does it make sense to you? Now If I went and added tripple scoop hoods with double decker touring wings, 5 inch exhaust tips on 3 inch pipes, and huge race decals with racecar numbers on the side .... I would expect to be flamed 'RICE!!'. I keep my mods simple, smooth, and clean .. I dont deserve that kinda stuff.

The idea that todays 'new style' come from Imports (mainly Japanese cars) its a huge misconception. Take a look at stock japanese car styling and then take a look at todays imports you see on the street. The only thing they have in common is the cars we see used to represent that style are Imports. Now take a look at European Rally Racing Style, and then look at todays imports again. Ah there you go ... todays 'new style' does not come from imports, it comes from European Rally Racing. Sure Japanese cars make a great base for Rally inspired styling, but that does not mean its an Import only style. I am an avid fan of European Rally Racing ... so if I want to bring this style to my 3rd gen Camaro, I dont know what it has to do with imports, much less with RICE.

And finally, I'll close with a quote that I think applies here ..

We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view.

- Mao Tse-Tung

btw, rocc, nice ride man!!!
Old 03-15-2002, 07:59 PM
Supreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"- Mao Tse-Tung "

COMMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2002, 08:02 PM

Car: 91 z28
Engine: 305 tpi
Transmission: 700r4
it was a quote. geesh get over it.
Old 03-15-2002, 08:28 PM

:hail: :hail: CrazyHawaiian:hail: :hail:

i have to totally agree with him sorry guys but i do

i mean look at how long the chevy VS ford thing has gone on and still is going on today. my best friend drives a rustang i dont hate him for the stuff he does to it i just make FUN of it cuz its a ford and not a chevy but thats all it is, is FUN FUN and he says the same **** about my camaro. and you dont see people on this board calling the guys that want their tips to come out of the GFX FORDS do you???? didn't think so........

thats all it is is people doing what they love buliding cars. the only thing i dont like about the "ricers" is that they think they are all bad with a little four banger stock with a after market exhuast and they think they can beat who ever just because they have a loud exhuast.

so to the people that want neons on their cars go for it

for the ones that want huge wings on it

its your car do what you want with it dont bulid it to please anyone else but your self.

but if your going to make it look fast back it up

and if i had one wish in this world it would be "for everyone to stop thinking NOS is all they need to go fast"

one more thing how old is CrazyHawaiian????

Last edited by 88_RS&86_Z-28; 03-15-2002 at 08:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:29 AM

Rock n a hard place....

I agree.. there are alot of peole who say RICE way to quick. Want an after markert wing? RICE. Want some sort of wacky rims? RICE. It just seems rice is thrown around way to much. I have to admit I have said " NOOO" to some things but I have never said RICE to anyones mods. I dont agree with some things that people are doing to their cars, but it is never rice. The only thing that I say is rice is when it is done untastefull. I guess that is making fun of someones ideas,so I am sorry. But for a moderator to complain and make fun of that is a no no, heck for any to make fun of it is a no no. Yes peole ask for opions all the time on these boards all the time. They have and Idea and want to know whut other think. They dont want a flame. I have never seen a post...."I want these rims..PLEASE FLAME ME" So all in all. People need to just give option ons. "yes I like it" "no i dont for these resons XXXXXXXX" And if people cant say something without throwing in RICE then dont reply. To the people that do od thing with their cars....go for it. I might nogt like it, but I give you props for doing it. To those of you who use RICE instantally.....think before you speak. And as Forrest Gump would say.....
"thats all I gotta say about that"
Old 03-16-2002, 02:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey hawaiin thanks for typin out wat ive been thinkin bout these boards...but have been too lazy to say myself..

basically... i think some people need to pull their head out of their assses..

and im real sick of seein RICE in everyt post... so maybe da mods should make it come up like this ****
Old 03-16-2002, 03:57 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Mililani, HI USofA Search Posts: 2848.............. Whore Posts: 47.................. Magical Whore Posts: 1
Car: 91 Camaro 77K
Engine: 3.1 Vslick
You know it's kinda funny.

Rice is mentioned 21 times in this post, and not once is it being used in a derogitory term.
Old 03-16-2002, 03:59 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Mililani, HI USofA Search Posts: 2848.............. Whore Posts: 47.................. Magical Whore Posts: 1
Car: 91 Camaro 77K
Engine: 3.1 Vslick
You went back and counted, didn't you.

Don't matter anyways, they are just going to lock or delete this post.
Old 03-16-2002, 08:51 AM

Car: 86 Camaro Iroc-z, 86 Corvette
Engine: 350 TPI Camaro, 350 tpi Corvette
Transmission: 700R4
I know you messed up some way some how but get over it you are so worried that other people are going to hate you should not becouse You dont even probly no half the people on this bord so get over it and get a life please
Old 03-16-2002, 08:53 AM

Car: 86 Camaro Iroc-z, 86 Corvette
Engine: 350 TPI Camaro, 350 tpi Corvette
Transmission: 700R4
Sorry about all the spelling mistakes in a rush
Old 03-16-2002, 10:35 AM
RCR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: '84 Fiero ('01 GA interior)
Engine: '96 4.0 Aurora
Transmission: '96 4T80E