Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Where can I get underhood emission's stickers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I get underhood emission's stickers?

Ok,here's the short version-last summer,sitting at a red light,(in my owned since new,30,000 mile,still smells new,looks better then new,absolutely immaculate IROC)behind some dumb *** 16 y.o. kid & his buddy in daddies truck.Now he decides to put it in reverse to see how well his rear bumper fits in my headlight bezel! I was so stunned someone could be that stupid that I didn't insert my foot up his ***,it wouldn't have fit anyway seeing as his head was already there.
Anyway's....the hood was replaced but both underhood emission labels that were on it,I found out,are discontinued.I work at a GM dealer & we can't find out who might have them.I checked that Phoenixgraphix.com web site & they don't list anything like that.Tried numerous other resto type websites & all they have are the typical body graphics/decals,air cleaner stickers etc. I am a detail fanatic,so if anybody know's who might either have these new or as reproduction's,I would greatly appreciate it.Maybe if somebody knows a GM dealer that might have these "old" stickers lying around.The one is a "vehicle emission" sticker,part number is 10116655.The other is a "emission hose routing" sticker,no part number but has the letters "DCJ" on it.The car is an 89 IROC,5.7,was single cat.,fully loaded & delivered to me here in Canada.Any help is appreciated.Thanks.
Old 01-02-2002, 10:49 PM

man i have looked everywhere i even tried to order them but all the dealerships around here dont have them or anything like that for 3rd gens bounch of crap that we cant find this stuff easily but oh well i need them too somebody please help us
Old 01-03-2002, 02:58 AM
Supreme Member

original decal... scanner.... photoshop... glossy decal paper... lazer printer... clear decal to cover the printed decal... hood.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:02 AM
Jza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you check out Classic Industries? I just looked through their catalog for what you're looking for, and they don't list anything for an 89, but it wouldn't hurt to call and ask them.

It's on page 209, and they seem to range between $4 and $8 depending on the year.

www.classicindustries.com
1-800-854-1280
Old 01-03-2002, 07:30 PM

I don't have the original decals as the hood was tossed out before I found out they were discontinued.If anybody happens to have a way to scan these 2 particular decals & post them,I could probably make that work...a long shot I know,but what the hell,you never know! Thanks for your help.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: '84 Z28
Engine: L69
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.73
Being that your car has Canada emissions certification makes it that much tougher to get these decals. I will keep a lookout for these since you posted the part no. I know what you mean about attention to detail. I have a small stash of these decals from 1982-1987 for future projects. But none for the Canadian cars.
Old 01-03-2002, 11:21 PM

Thank's David.I'm not sure if there is a difference in emission equipment,hose routing etc. between U.S. & CAN. for my car.I'm kinda thinking no,but I'll see what I can find out at work.The car was built in the U.S. & has/had everything - a.i.r. pump,single cat etc etc. I do know the "hose routing" one on my GTA is different because of the different air intake(does not have "DCJ" on it) but the "vehicle emission" one is identical(same pn.) Hey,where's the appropriate place,on this site, to post some pics of my car's where people might be interested in seeing them? Also,anybody know when the classifieds will be up again? If not,where could a guy post an ad with pics here? I really need to sell my GTA & with our dollar in the toilet,you guy's in the state's could get it cheap! I'm looking for around $10-$11,000 CAN. which is roughly around $6-$7,000 U.S.--'89,full load,5.7,no rust,excellent cond.,low miles.
Thanks
Old 03-06-2002, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1987 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 IROC-Z
Engine: L98
Transmission: TeamTripp Performance
I'm having the hood replaced on my '87 L98 IROC and the stickers on the hood are from a carbed 5.0. Hope somebody knows where these are available, or if they could be fabbed with a good graphics program (Visio?) and printed. The originals would have to be available though.

Anybody with a source or better idea?