Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Looking for PARTS 91 Formula

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for PARTS 91 Formula

I'm looking for someone who has interior parts as well as exterior parts for a 91 firebird, I just purchased a formula and am missing some minor interior and exterior parts. any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-02-2002, 11:11 PM
Supreme Member

Transmission: auto
parts

What exactly are you looking for--and color?
Old 01-04-2002, 01:52 PM

i need the pieces that go next to your turn signals, i don't believe this car had the fog light option on it because there is NO switch in the car for them, but i have 2 open spaces on each side of the turn signal, so I'm not quite sure what goes in there, i also need the pocket/cup holder for the drivers side door, ( grey ) i need the piece that supports the third brake light, mine is the style that has the brake light on the inside window, the piece is there but the screw holes are broken and it kinda hanging down, and an owners manual of some sort.; this is just the tip of the ice-burg, i just got this thing and am trying to get it back in to decent shape. i'm also looking for some new front seats, mine are grey cloth, kinda worn out, so thats the start of my list.

thanks alot
frank
Old 01-04-2002, 02:08 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 749 Posts
Sounds like its time to make friends with your closest GM dealer.

the pieces that go next to your turn signals: Available new, not that expensive or a base model firebird without the aero package would have them also. If you need to know what its supposed to look like take a look at my car here... https://www.thirdgen.org/rides/index...ew&rideid=1045

the pocket/cup holder for the drivers side door, ( grey ) : Dealer, $35 or so shipped to the counter. Keep in mind the color wont match because GM screwed up the dye match on the last lot. I've got a set for sale also but unless you need two it wouldn't be very realistic to buy a set.

i need the piece that supports the third brake light: Do you mean the black piece that holds the light assembly or the part the black cover screws to? The cover should be cheap, hit the dealer. If its the other part... hmm... no clue. Either way any 91-92 fbody will have these pieces too... ie RS's that clutter every junkyard...

Seats your best bet is a junkyard or look into reupholstering your current ones. Reproduction pallex is available but its not cheap. I was quoted about $200 for enough to do my seats and door panels.

New owners manuals cost about $15 from a GM dealer, if you want the binder and all the jazz that goes with it watch ebay or search the net, expect to spend $20 tops.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:38 PM

thank you very much, i'm going to my local dealer tomorrow, i'll let ya know how it goes.
Old 01-04-2002, 08:32 PM
Supreme Member

Received 1,054 Likes on 749 Posts
Just a sidenote... Some dealerships have friendlier parts counter guys then others. Our chevy dealership here in town is all about the image, they usually have a corvette in the parts area, or an S10 with an Lt1, that kinda nonsense. The guys they employ can never find anything, and won't try. Unless its a part I know they have in their warehouse I'll go to the pontiac dealer instead. GM is GM. So Chevy, Pontiac, Buick, Olds, Saturn, etc can all order parts for all makes/models of GM cars. My Pontiac dealer on the other hand will dig thru every old book burried under the desk to find the piece I'm after. Some days I've spent two hours standing there while they find an obscure part. And they don't make me prepay, and if I have an order for two or three parts, and only one comes in, they let me pay for the lot when the other parts come in. Its all about customer service. When I worked at Saturn even as an employee the parts guy wouldn't search for a piece I needed.