Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Door Trims and Moldings

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Trims and Moldings

Hi everybody! I'm trying to replace weatherstrips and everything that goes around them but I cannot find the part numbers or the names of all the moldings and trims on the interior and exterior. My car does not have t-tops. Does anyone have any idea what they are called and where I can find the replacements? Thanks a lot!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Door Trims and Moldings

Am I understanding you want the channels that the moldings go into? Those would be only available used. There are plenty of companies making new weatherstripping kits. Best deal is to buy the whole kit at once. Piece it out and it will cost more. I used Soffseal on my car.
Old 12-22-2013, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Tag
Am I understanding you want the channels that the moldings go into? Those would be only available used. There are plenty of companies making new weatherstripping kits. Best deal is to buy the whole kit at once. Piece it out and it will cost more. I used Soffseal on my car.
I think its called a roof drip trim molding. Its sticking out more than its supposed to and the rubber part on the inside has rotted so I was looking to either replace it or take it apart and somehow fix it. I'll take close pictures of it to explain what I mean
Old 12-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The drip rail is a separate piece than the channel the weatherstripping is set in. It can be adjusted once you remove the channel. It's screwed in the body under the channel. However, the channel is applied with a wide double stick tape that makes it tough to get off without damaging it. Need to take your time and be careful.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Tag
The drip rail is a separate piece than the channel the weatherstripping is set in. It can be adjusted once you remove the channel. It's screwed in the body under the channel. However, the channel is applied with a wide double stick tape that makes it tough to get off without damaging it. Need to take your time and be careful.
Thanks a lot for your responses! I will try that as I'm removing the old weatherstrips and I will take you up on the brand of the new weatherstrips, especially after buying separate driver side weatherstrip which it ended up not fitting very well.