Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

I HATE WOMEN DRIVERS

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2001, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I HATE WOMEN DRIVERS

Sorry about posting this here but I couldn't see a better place to post this. My 89 TA GTA just got rammed by a women in a white windstar who does not know how to drive. I wanted to post my frustration since it happened less then 30 mins ago. My hole Left front quarter panel is destroyed. We were both going right out of Duncan donuts and I guess she didn't see me but she rammed right into me. I wanted to get out and beat her down with my mag light. Has anyone else had similar experiences?mith my mag light. Has anyone else had similar experances?

------------------
1989 GTA Trans Am
350 5.7
-----------------
Hypertech Stage 2Chip
Low Temp Thermostat
Old 09-25-2001, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah but not in my Camaro, praise *** . I've got the green arrow and I'm going left and pulling into my LANE, mind you I HAVE A GREEN ARROW, and this women who has a RED LIGHT, pulls right into my lane and smashes the whole side of my Cutlass 442, the car I was restoring before my Camaro. Oh man pissed me off. I've had a few close calls in my Camaro, thank *** this car was designed for its monverablity (spelled right?).
Old 09-25-2001, 03:26 PM

I Was the third car in line to go through a intersection, the first 2 made it no problem as for me some 20 year old kid in there brand new like 2 weeks old mitsubishi ran the light and broad sided me, luckly I saw him coming (to late of course) hit the gas so he hit me dead center in my back rim. So a new rim, tire,axel,quater panel,rear half painted, 3 herniated disc in my back later and I was back in business. Then 4 months later some lady in a miniVan rear ended me at the same light(no damage thankfully. The only thing that I was glad about was that his Jap cars nose was on the ground and had to be towed and all i did was put on the spare and drove it home, with a little click from the rear wheel. Thankfully i only lived one block away. So thats my rant.
Old 09-25-2001, 05:08 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Car: 84 T/A
Engine: 305HOL69
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 3.42
Got whacked by one of those in a Toyota SUV not too long ago. Stupid dummy, she stops behind me, we're at a light, then she's digging around in her purse. From what she explained to the responding State Trooper, she saw the car to the right of her start to move forward and thought the light was green, so she started moving WITHOUT looking up first. -WHAP- right into the back of me. Made some nice ripples in my bumper cover, yet another piece that I now have to replace.

------------------
D.R. Stevens
1984 Trans Am 305HO L69
all the usual external/free mods, original engine
1991 Firebird 305 L03
2 free mods and a K&N,
otherwise stock
Old 09-25-2001, 05:20 PM
Supreme Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car: 92 Camaro RS
Engine: 350 Crate Motor
Transmission: Tremec TKO
Axle/Gears: 10 Bolt 3.73
Yeah,tell me about it! two years ago, I'm going down a road with three lanes on each side, I'm in the #1 (left) lane,going about 40,a big truck in the #2 lane is slowing down, though I can't see around it.Turns out some dumb broad in an S10 pickup has decided to turn left from the right lane!Truck driver stopped to let her do it,and after she pulled in front of me sideways,with her front wheels on the other side of the double yellow, she stops there!Nothing I could do but hit her,the right side of my nose into her left rear wheel.Busted up the nose pretty well,nobody hurt, but boy did I want to drag her out of that truck!Now, two years later, my insurance agent calls me & says she's trying to make a medical claim!WHAT *****!
Women Drivers----no survivors.
Old 09-25-2001, 06:17 PM
TGO Supporter

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 87 Formula/ 00 Xtreme
Engine: TPI 305/ v6
Transmission: struggling t-5/ 4l60E
Axle/Gears: 3.08/ 3.23
It would be nice if people in general would realize they are Driving a Car (or suv) and aren't the only ones on the damm road.

------------------
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when its open
Old 09-25-2001, 07:11 PM

I know the feeling.I was in a parking lot stopped waiting for a car to back out and some woman in a white caravan looking to her left on my side hits head on.Thank *** that the only problem was the rubber nose was pushed in so i thought the whole reinforcement
bar was pushed under.She didn't even stop.she backed up and took off.
all i got to say is women drivers hahahahahahahah
Old 09-25-2001, 07:25 PM
TGO - 10 Year Member

Received 59 Likes on 40 Posts
Car: 1988 IROC-Z
Engine: 427 SBC
Transmission: ProBuilt 700R4
Axle/Gears: Moser 12 Bolt / 3.73 TrueTrac
I didnt have my IROC, It was my other car but heres the story.

Me and my cousin were hangin out and then he had to go. So im leaving my cuz's and my little cousin asks if I would play catch with him. So I say sure and park my car in the street. So some girl turns around into a driveway, and backs up RIGHT INto my car! (Hello are you ******* blind?) then guess what she does? DRIVES AWAY! Im screaming all cuss words as she drives away as I jump into my car to chase her. But then someone stopped her down the street and she tells me "I didnt even know I hit your car"

Lucky for her there was to damage. I thought there would be for sure.

------------------
1988 Jet Black IROC
5.7L W/ 64000 miles
Flowmaster Exhaust
Fully Loaded
------------------

My IROC In Readers Rides
My IROC

[This message has been edited by IROCThe5.7L (edited September 25, 2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 07:41 PM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '82 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears
I had a very close call a few months ago. I was following a couple of fellow car club members and we were kinda spred out after going through a stop street. Going down the road I see this lady pulling out her driveway, stops to let the 2 guys in front of me drive by before she pulls right out in front of me! I locked up all 4 wheels and missed her by about a foot. Guess I stopped so hard that the fuel got away from the jets caused my engine to die hehe. Then the stupid so and so looks back at me after stopping then drives off again! Fired up the car and caught up with the other two guys then pulled into one of their houses shaking for about a half hour.

------------------
'82 Z28
LG4 305 .030 over, performer intake, holley street avenger 670, xe 256 cam, tes headers, 3 inch single exhaust, spintech muffler, 14 x 3 inch drop base k&n.
Old 09-25-2001, 07:58 PM

I had a close call at school. I was leaving and a bus had her right turn signal on and never turned right. I already pulled out into the intersection, she never even tried to stop. I hit the gas a squealed em all the way around. She almost hit me. Man I was mad. She never even tried to stop, and the bus was loaded with little kids.

------------------
  • 87 firebird formula
  • 305, 4bbl
  • Edelbrock intake
  • Holley 600 double pp
  • MTX 4250D amp
  • 2-MTX 6000 10"
  • white with red int.
  • Pioneer cd player
  • a/c
  • power windows and locks
Old 09-25-2001, 08:01 PM

I will have to agree- far too many soccer mommies have almost hit me numerous times, its a good thing that i am one of a few women drivers who actually know how to drive . These aforementioned people are the kind of people that keep me from riding my Harley on a regular basis- you are taking too much of a risk. I can't say all that much betyter about all those people in their big 4-wheel drives either. Example- I have a Pontiac Parisienne Safari station wagon ( with a 350, forged pistons, ready for nitrous) that I drive in the winter. People in eddie bauers and crap are constanly pulling out in front of me all the time- not realizing that a station wagon can indeed haul ***; and these people get all freaked out when I lock up my brakes and do a 360 in the middle of the road, when they are the stupid MF's that pulled out in front of a full size wagon doing 90 mph. They also get ticked when the roads are covered in ice (my wagon slides around like crazy then) and I can really only do about 40 mph in a 55, so they pass me @ 70 mph; I always get the last laugh because I see their stupid @$$es in the ditch about 1/2 mile down the road. I'm sorry, but 4 wheel drive does absolutely no good on the iced up roads we get; no car does! At that point, you can only use the engine to get around and actually stay ON the road. Some people are such %^*@!%^!
Old 09-25-2001, 10:16 PM

Some women are REAL bad drivers. They expect people to ALWAYS give them the right of way just because they're ladies. Most of the time they didn't even know it was their fault. I've been cutoff many times by people, and when I go to scream past them its always some woman with huge sunglasses that can't see over the dash and is sitting about 3 inches from the steering wheel. Its even worse when they sport they're little cell phones.
Old 09-25-2001, 10:41 PM

Turning left at an intersection, oncoming traffic to my left was slowing down for a guy to turn my way. They were pretty far away. I decided to turn. Some kid decides to speed up and swerve around the left of the guy turning and i gunned it when i saw him coming right at my side.

My auto shifted into 2nd and back end swerved out far around the corner. Lucky kid in his P.O.S.

My car is like family, if the kid hit me he would have been going to hell..... i was all shaken up
Old 09-25-2001, 10:46 PM

Ive also had bad experiences with woman drivers too. they expect the right of way, and im sorry but they aint getting it.

You know what pisses me off is all the damn soccer moms and older women driving ford excursions and expeditions. If you have 1 kid, why the hell would you buy one of those. or a suburban either.

they don't have much sense, big SUV's must be cool for all the moms to sport these days. well it pisses me off cause they are always the ones coming right at you and they dont slow down. AND GEEZ, WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT USING TURN SIGNALS.

I use turn signals all the time, i just try to be courteous to all drivers on the road, it pisses me off when people don't use them and they almost cause an accident.
Old 09-25-2001, 10:47 PM

Car: 2002 Camaro SS
Engine: LS1
Transmission: 6 speed
Axle/Gears: GM 3.42
I had my z28 for about 2 months and was on an extended weekend trip to Sandusky Ohio to visit the great Cedar Point amusement park. Anyway, my girlfriend and I come out of the motel to go to the park and I find that some a**hole who didn't know how to park cut the corner too tight and scraped the hell out of the rear pass. side quater panel. It was all dented in and scraped waaaay down to bare metal. Also cracked the taillight lens and damaged the bumper cover. And of course, no note...no nothin. People can be such tools...

probly some soccer mom in an expedition that doesn't have ANY IDEA where the corners of the car are

------------------
=====================
1992 25th Anniversary z28 Convertible

[This message has been edited by TOPLESZ (edited September 25, 2001).]
Old 09-25-2001, 11:12 PM

Just keep in mind that all women aren't like that. I drive good, but I've had many experiences with women in SUV's that are talking on cell phones or just not paying attention at all. They try to pull over into me on the highway or something. The problem is that they try to drive their SUV like a car, and they also feel like they are invincible (in the sense that they are safe and won't get hurt because their SUV is big). They don't realize that their SUV has a lot higher center of gravity than a car and it weighs a lot more. So when they try to swerve out of the way of something, they flip themselves.
Old 09-25-2001, 11:16 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 CAMARO 1968 FIREBIRD
Engine: CAMARO 3.1L FIREBIRD 455
Transmission: CAMARO 700R4 FIREBIRD TH-400
Me and my friend borrowed my moms car while my Camaro was in the shop gettin a new tranny we were going to Cruisers and my mom had had her car back less then a week she had the whole car completey repainted a 2500 dollar paint job for free from insurance. Well me and my friend are stopped at a stop light and a primer gray probe rearends us and its full of cholos. well they decide to take off never did get them. So we filed a police report on my way home that nihgt i get pulled over for my first time also cuz i didnt come to a complete stop i dono how the cop saw this since he was 2 frigin blocks away around a turn.
Old 09-26-2001, 01:08 AM

Ok, I was not hit by a woman, but by a Deer! Thats right, a deer hit me!

I was driving down a local road one night heading over to a friends house. As I was stopped at a stop sign getting ready to take off, a deer pops out of nowhere and smacks right into the passenger side door, then gets up and runs away!! I had to replace the entire door and fix a few antler scratches on the quarter. I still till this day can not believe a deer actually ran into my camaro. Thank-*** I had a extra door in the garage.
Old 09-26-2001, 05:15 AM

Ok I've got two and they happened just a block away from each other. In the first one I'm driving along about five over the speed limit, just cruising past this 93 FORD 4X4 350 crew cab on the right side and this @#$%^ descides to move into the right lane. It was night and I didn't realize until she was an inch from me. Pushed me right into the side of a hill. Ended up flipping and totalling my 89 T/A. The lady didn't even apologize, and she live two doors up my street.
Now for my revenge, I was driving my dad's 2000 Ford 350 Turbo D to go get a new MAF sensor, I have the green light, doing 45 this girl pulls out from a side street in her new mercedes ( daddie must have bought it) In fifty feet there was no way I could stop. Punted the car. Yeah they are safe but it's a weight thing. Totalled the car and did 500 dollars damage to the truck I didn't get injured she broke her left arm and femur. After the FD and PD showed, I found out it was the other ladies doughters. I got home and just started laughing uncontrollably. Yeah it's a ford but holly sh*t.
Old 09-26-2001, 05:17 AM
Supreme Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car: '82 Z28
Engine: 350
Transmission: TH400 4,000 stall
Axle/Gears: Currie 9", 4.56 gears
Got one more to add hehe.. I was driving my dad's 3/4 ton GMC with my newly bought 350 for the Camaro strapped down in the back. Driving down the road going towards a 2 way stop (I had the right away straight through) One guy was stopped then turned left. That was fine but then the guy across from the person who just turned left decided he wanted to go straight across. I slammed on the brakes and waited for that 350 to come slamming through the back wall. Lucky me the straps held lol. The guy who pulled out in front of me didn't even look over till he was fully into my lane and I was almost stopped. Then he looks back with a stupid look on his face like "What did I do?" I've had so many close calls in this town it's not even funny... some of the worst drivers ever. Even a dang Mercedes nearly slammed into the side of me one day.
Old 09-26-2001, 10:03 AM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: 5.7 V8 TPI
Transmission: T-5 5-Speed Manual
This didn't happen to me, but it did happen in my car (although before it was mine)

My mom was headed into the city to do some shopping a week before Christmas '93. As she comes to an intersection (where shes got the green light) the guy in the on-coming lane decides to make his left turn right in front of her. No choice but to lock em up & plow into the side of him, which sends him spinning off into another car down the side road. This is a busy double lane highway with no shoulders, just HIGH sidewalks. So mom manages to get the car over to the side of the road & puts on her flashers, & gets out of the car to swap info & wait for a tow truck. As shes getting the info some guy in a borrowed S-10 is coming down the road, looking at the other car and doesn't see the camaro sitting at the side of the road, Wham! he hits the *** -end of the camaro & causes another $1700 worth of dammage.

Needless to say the Camaro was not drivable after that & it wasn't until February of the next year that we got the car back, better than new. (They fixed some electrical problems & re-painted the whole car) Total dammage done tho the car exceeded $4300, the person in the S-10 footed the bill instead of going against his buddies insurance (ICBC found both of the other drivers 100% at fault)

------------------
Black 87 2.8l Camaro
Soon to be 305/5.0

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/z2point8l?d&.flabel=fld1&.src=ph

Aka Z2point8
Old 09-26-2001, 11:49 AM
Supreme Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I'm kind of of the belief that not all women are bad drivers, but of course, my story centres around a woman.
I was driving my mother's Escort when a woman swerved across a few lanes to try to get to an exit she needed to take. She slammed into front quarter of the car, sending me into the exit sideways. It was actually pretty cool, especially because it wasn't my car. I got a hold of the car, parked it, and got out to talk to the woman. She was FREAKING out. She was crying, shaking, telling me how glad she was that I was okay, telling me that she was sorry, and that it was her fault. She didn't even bother to take my insurance info, because it was assumed that it was her fault. I filled out a police report, and went along my merry way (the car didn't drive too well, I'm pretty sure I lost a tie-rod, or whatever the heck they call them on front wheel drive).
My mother got a phone call from this bitch's insurance company saying that she was contesting my claim that it was her fault, and the next step was court. Amazing.
Oh well, I have her address.

------------------
No guts, no glory.
Old 09-26-2001, 03:31 PM

Car: 1986 IROC
Engine: 305 TPI
Transmission: TH700r4
Thank *** for me I only have had two close calls from $%^holes. 1st on I was coming home from school and I was behind a truck which was towing horses. Well he was going 45 in a 55 and I decided to go around him. Well this $%^hole Rustang follows me on my butt so I slow down enough for another car to start coming towards me and Rustanger. Well I got over and he tried to go around me...I DON"T THINK SOOOOOO. So I punched it and stayed with him rather easy. He finally sees the other car coming and jumps in behind me and missed me and the other car by about 6 inchs to a foot. 2nd time was at College and I was turning right, where there is only one turn line while the JAP next to me turns anyway. I wanted to honk the horn but my horn is broken so my friend behind me honked for me and we both gave him the "your number 1 in my books" salute.
Old 09-26-2001, 03:41 PM

IROC-Z4ever,

That was not the smartest/safest thing to do. Lucky there was not an accident with the Mustang. No flame intended.

------------------
89 IROC 5.0 TBI
89 RS 5.0 TBI, T-Tops, Soon to be a IROC clone.
Old 09-26-2001, 06:43 PM
Supreme Member

Car: '10 Subaru Forester
Engine: 2.5 Boxer
Transmission: 4EAT
Axle/Gears: 4.44
I have done stupid things myself, but it's never right to do wrong to right it... I don't intentionally put others in danger. I myself had some close calls in other cars... I can't say women are any worse than men, but here are my three small episodes:

1st in '98 I was going down the highway in my dad's Rx7 and this woman comes up along my side (I was in the left lane going 70 in a 55 zone) while I was about a car length from a logging truck in the right lane... her obvious plan was to cut me off and make me do the braking. Oh NO! so I just stepped on it and took off. I don't know why, but I told my parents and they thought I should lose my license. WTF?

Second: I was driving along at 70 MPH ('99 Civic hatchback) again in a 55 zone (hey, can I help it if they don't know what the speed limit should be?) and these stupid girls in a jeep cherokee come up from behind (you know the ones with 4" heals?) anyway, they came up and passed me at about 75 OVER A DOUBLE YELLOW ON A TURN! and so once they passed, I accelerated to let them know they were stupid and that they were gaining nothing. I lost them in a small speed trap town, but after a few minutes caught up to them (80-90 MPH) and I followed them the remaining 12 miles home... 20 miles total. I'm sure they were scared, but I turned off before town.

Third was just a funny thing I saw... I was driving down the road toward town in early winter... there was enough slush on the road to make me slow down. As I was coming up to a 40 MPH curve (then 30) this dumbass in a cavalier comes around at about 50 and I think to myself, "am I driving like a granny or is he going to slide off the road?" not more than a second later, sure enough, he's headed over the shoulder, misses the barbed wire fence on the right and the 3' diameter tree on the left LOL. I slowed down and looked over my shoulder when he came skidding to a stop in someone's driveway (the people that owned yard that he had just slid through) he gets out like he's pissed his pants and I headed on my way. What a lucky bastard!

[This message has been edited by ChillPhatCat (edited September 26, 2001).]
Old 09-26-2001, 09:31 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1990 Camaro RS
Engine: Juiced 5.0 TBI - 300rwhp
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Eaton Posi, 10 Bolt
I know exactly how you feel

about 3 months ago, i was driving home from work minding my own biz, when all of the sudden POW there was a new VW Beatle in front of me, nothing i could do. when i hit it, the car spun around and stopped with 2 wheels haning off a 15ft embancment (i was going about 40)the girl the pulled in front of me got her licence 2 WEEKS before the wreck...i wanted to beat her after what she did to my baby (car). luckily her insurance paid for my new front end.

------------------
Dewey 3:16
90 RS 305 TBI LO3
36mm/24mm swaybars, Spohn Panhard, SFC, LCA's, and RLB. "Wonder"bar, Edelbrock STB, and K&N.
Old 09-27-2001, 12:31 AM

Totaled my Trans Am last year leaving my friends house and showing off, went around the court too fast and lost control, did two 360's and hit a parked van and ended up one a guys lawn. Ripped my front facia completey apart and puller my left fender away from the car. Was leaving school and a stupid kid smashes into my right side where the rear of the door and the body meet. Just fixed the car myself about 3 months ago and just started doing performance products to it. Last weekend put headers on it that took like 4 days. Just got the car done and waxed it that day and not even a week of driving it when she was back to orginal shape and a stupid a$$ backs into me and destroys my front end again. That really sucks, I just got it back! One more front end smash and I'm getting a S10. I mean I love my car but this is freaking stupid. Now I have to repair it again. I dont have time for this **** I just want to drive a nice car and not worry about getting it smashed.

------------------
Blue 1989 TA
305 TBI
5 Spd.

Headman Headers with smog delete
Hooker cat-back
MSD coil
Old 09-27-2001, 08:08 AM
Supreme Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Car: 1988 GTA
Engine: 5.0 TPI
Transmission: T5
Axle/Gears: 9 Bolt, 3.45
At least you guys know who hit your cars. One day after school last year I came out to may car a little late, so alot of people were already gone, including the people who were parked around me. Well, someone hit my passenger side fender and crunched it up above the wheel. Now I need a new fender... I swear if i find out who did it they will find their car stripped to the frame sitting on cinder blocks...

------------------
1983 Firebird
TH700R4 Auto
Small Block 400
LG4 ECM, Intake, Carb, Distributor, etc.
Soon to be non-computer.
Clarion Head Unit 45X4
2 Pioneer 400W 12" Subs
Third Gen Performance
"A four cylinder is half an engine."
"Ponies can run, but birds can fly..."
Old 09-27-2001, 09:02 AM

a couple years ago at school i was was walking out to my car and some dumb chick parked next to me pulled out and took a chunk of my spoiler out right in front of my eyes! of course she didnt have insurance.. .
Old 09-27-2001, 11:20 AM
Banned

Car: 86 IROC-Z
Engine: 406
Transmission: 700R4
well the only story i have about women is when i broke up with my ex girlfriend. at the time i had a 89 corsica *a descent car* but when i broke up with her i sold it and about 2 months later i got my 86 IROC. well when about a week before i got my car i got a new/current girlfriend. well 1 i had to park my car outside at the time, and one morning when i was going to school i went to my car and i see its keyed on both sides and the words "HA HA" keyed into my spoiler. gee i wonder who did that. unforunatly, to this day, after 2 paintjobs, u still can make out the words. oh well. she always drove dads 81 vette. so 1 day a school i threw brake fluid all over the paint.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:04 PM

As I read all your posts, i have noticed that when we are doing something really cool or doing something that would be fun....
something always seems to go wrong and bad.

The chances of something going really wrong increase when we are doing something fun.

weird.

I am going to be paranoid when i take my 350 to the machine shop.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:40 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1991 T/A - Sold (sniff) 1980 T/A Pa
After reading this post yesterday, I was headed home, and a woman, on her cell phone of course, driving an SUV, stops on a green turn arrow. I can tell there is a loser at the wheel so I beeped the horn, and she finally looks up and sees the green. She makes an illegal turn into the outside lane and as I get along side, decides she needs to be in my lane. I gunned it and got ahead of her safely thanks to the shoulder. After successfully denying my inner child's urge to brake check her, I just threw a gesture and continued on.

------------------
Chris G
91 TA WS6

See more of her here!
Wise man once say "Red ones go faster!"
Old 09-27-2001, 03:53 PM

DEFENSIVE DRIVING 101: if you THINK someone is goin to do something stupid.....they will.

dont trust turn signals. they can stay on forever even if there is no turn to be made and sometimes they arent even known to exist to some drivers

if i see someone at a stoplight or stop sign with a turn signal on...i wait to see their commitment to the turn(as in front end going down) BEFORE i go through the intersection.....i also cut people off.....not to **** em off but people here are jackasses and speed up when you signal to get in their lane......so i use my turn signal as an apology instead of an "asking for"

------------------
1991 RS LO3

some of my favorite quotes:

I do not blame stupid people for being stupid, what i do blame them for is for not asking smart people for advice. When ever my mom asks for help, i tell her, i'm the one who knows what he's doing, not you, don't question me, just do what i tell you to. if stupid people would just realize they were stupid, and consult a smart person for advice, before they went and did something stupid and got pregnant/got someone pregant, this ****hole of a world would be a lot better. - adam corola

Honda makes great performance cars - any scarcastic comedian
Old 09-27-2001, 04:39 PM
Supreme Member

People question why you should drive a car with a good amount of power... I have proven on so many occasions that stomping on the gas is an evasive maneuver... also, it seems to me that if handled correctly, our cars are in fact safer than SUV's cause we can use everything at our disposal when things turn bad... for instance using the parking brake to pull the tail out of harms way... there are in fact so many things you can do with a parking brake that would flip an SUV... I couldn't imagine ever driving an SUV man I hate those things so much! I gotta get my parking brake fixed before winter

"IT'S SNOWING! TO THE HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT!" - The Mustang and Firebird face off in the dead of winter.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:03 PM

here's a lucky story

last winter, I was driving my maro in heavy snow. it's going from 45 to 35, but I'm already doing 40 (can't go that fast) traffic isn't too busy, but busy enough. ahead I see a lady in the opposite direction turning left (my right she was going the other way) and I think nothing of it, but instead she chooses to go (dumb) and pulles a u-turn instead. I think oh no this is the end. I slam on the brakes all 4 lock up, amd since there is plenty of snow on the ground, and I go sideways left. oh **** now I'm spinning out on control and closing on her. OH $HIT!!! then I somehow regain control and am able to get the car facing the right direction. for a second. then it spins a little again. so now I'm going sideways again. so I figure i'm f-cked, and I slam on the gas. finish a second donut and somehow keep going. I layed on the horn, and somehow didn't hit her, or any on the people behind me, and yet I did 2 donuts, while sliding down the road @ 40 mph.

Oh *** I'm not looking forward to driving my maro this coming winter.

------------------
Dan Briones
1988 Camaro Sport Coupe
2.8 V6, TCI 3200 Stall TC, B&M Transkit, Flowmaster & Catback (No Cat)
CFI Z/28 Hood, '87 16" IROC Wheels, Bowtie Grille, IROC Gauges, IROC Taillights,
IROC Foglamps w/ 9005 hi-beam bulbs
Heritage Style Hood and Decklid Stripes

[This message has been edited by SlowCamaro88SC (edited September 27, 2001).]
Old 09-27-2001, 05:31 PM

It is stupid and unmanly to group all women as "bad drivers". I have been driving for 25 years and have never been involved in a wreck.
Why do you think men's auto insurance is higher than women's? Get a life and don't call people names.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:12 PM
Supreme Member

well get this my car got totaled cause of a **** women driver. This is when I had my *5 Trans am which I have a IROC now. Ok I was out cruising around and I wanted to turn around so I go to stop to turn into this hotel. This is a 2 lain road. Well there was a car about 30 feet up and I had plenty of time to pull in. Well some idiot was in my way as I was pulling so im stopped half way in the road still. Well the person that was 30 feet away is still coming and not slowing down as I cant do **** cause this person is in my way. Ok as I see this car still coming and going WAY over the speed limit. Which is 35. Ok well finally this person moves and I floor it and nove about 2 feet and WAAM the ho hits me. She hit me right at my rear tire. bent the frame bad. The tire went flying somewhere and broke the fricken drum off my axle. The whole area is busted and the car wont move. The drive shaft got busted off transmission too. I had ot get it towed the the insuracne company totaled it. But get this **** They say its my fault cause I was still in the road even though she hit me. I did not have full coverage on that car either. SO I got jack *** from insurance. The car who hit me was a kia and she I guess wasnt paying attention and just hit me. She said I pulled in front of her. That is some BULL ****. Oh well its all over and done with but now I have my Iroc so its all good.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:26 PM

I was just thinking to myself that most "men" care a whole lot more for their cars than women do. How many women are here on thirdgen? some, but not a lot, so thats a good basis for saying that more "men" care for their cars than women. I was at the local car show a couple weeks ago and was talking to a woman that said she had been in 11 wrecks and was thanking the camaro for its structural design. What an idiot! She should of been dead 10 wrecks ago! But, she lived on to wreck another day. Oh ya, guess what she was driving, a '67 Camaro RS, all tricked out. More people should respect other drivers on the road! Also, most women get their cars from their dad or their husband so to them its just money.
Old 09-27-2001, 09:43 PM
Supreme Member

Location: Mililani, HI USofA Search Posts: 2848.............. Whore Posts: 47.................. Magical Whore Posts: 1
Car: 91 Camaro 77K
Engine: 3.1 Vslick
Hey Liz, we are ******* on women drivers, not because their women, but because every friggen time somting stupid is happening on the road it's a woman driving the car, truck, or heaven forbid the suv. "Oh how does my lipstick look," "oh I need to call my girlfriend," "what does this little lever attached to this steering thing do."

Not all women are like that, their is a few of a special breed. But most are. I'm not saying that guys arn't bad drivers either, their's a few of them out their too, but their gay. Guys get in more accidents cause women cause them. If women would learn how to pay "attention" to road, instead of their hair, or cell phone, and learn how to look through the mirrors, turn their heads and check their blind spots, and use a turn signal here and there, driving conditions would improve substancially.

Dang that was alot...
Old 09-27-2001, 10:54 PM

Hold on, this is getting a little too sexist for me. Guys do a lot of distracting things too, like scratching their nuts while their driving. And guys tend to have a bigger temper when they are driving. And guys feel the urge to show off to everyone by going 110 down the highway. Women and men both get distracted by things, so lets not totally blame women. If you want to blame someone for driving bad, blame old people. I've almost got in plenty of accidents because of old people, and one of them actually totaled my last car (it turned out good though, because the insurance money paid for my Camaro!)
Old 09-28-2001, 04:36 AM
Supreme Member

Location: Mililani, HI USofA Search Posts: 2848.............. Whore Posts: 47.................. Magical Whore Posts: 1
Car: 91 Camaro 77K
Engine: 3.1 Vslick
You got to admit, that most of the time it is women. I'm not trying to come off as sexist. I don't mean any disrespect or anything, it just seems to "me" that it's always a woman, or an old person, but I didn't want to bring old people into this because we will all be old one day and drive the same way...

Peace and Love to all the ladies of the land, please do not take my post offensivly..

------------------
Peace, Love, and Carbon Monoxide...
Kj
Old 09-28-2001, 08:06 AM

Well, if you want to bring old folk into it, fine, but mines about and old WOMAN, who decided going about 45-50 in a 35 wanted to slam on her brakes and look at a tag sale, i had to lock my brakes and try to swerve around her but with no avail. I smashed right into her rear bumper and it crushed my fender like a tin can. Of course it was MY fault cause i rear ended her, but please.. Her mechanic found 650 dollars worth of damage to her 88' Dodge Colt (like the whole car was even worth that much). My car was driveable so i went home, later that day, and as if things couldent get worse, I went over a big bump and the tire scraped up against my jagged fender, ripped a big hole in it and it popped. And on top of all that i had just bought new tires a week before all this.

------------------
87' Camaro Z28
305 TPI
Stage 2 hypertech chip
160 degree thermostat
Custom ram air w/K&N's
air foil
shift kit
aluminum driveshaft
posi
VST gas ryder gas shocks
3" flowmasters
Vortex cherry bomb high flow muffler
Old 09-28-2001, 11:31 AM

Several Thirdgen guys always say "we don't have enough women in here", or " where are all the chicks with hot cars?"
Well this thread is exactly why there are few women. It is offensive and sexist. Why isn't the moderator watching our backs? If you really believe that women should be a part of thirdgen then how about acting like it.

Old 09-28-2001, 12:02 PM

I replied earlier to a post about a fellow thirdgenner and what he did to a mustang. I will say that there are alot of poor drivers on the road. I am not saying that they are women only.

Just recently I had a kid who just got HIS license driving a camaro almost wreck us both because he was not paying attention to what he was doing. Not everybody is a good driver. I am willing to bet we all have done something stupid that could have or has caused an accident.

The idea here: Everybody needs to drive defensivly and leave the machoism and tempers in the back seat.

Sorry for the long ramble.

Phil

------------------
89 IROC 5.0 TBI
89 RS 5.0 TBI, T-Tops, Soon to be a IROC clone.
Old 09-28-2001, 12:14 PM
Supreme Member

I don't think it is women... but here is the difference I think:

Men cause many more fatal car crashes than women and so the people can't complain cause they're dead...

Women are involved in more fender benders because of distractions with makeup and cell phones...

BUT... my cousin (female) drives like a complete psycho, driving 60 in the dark on country roads with really ****ty high beams while cutting blind corners and not wearing a seat belt... all the time in a 35 zone... I have lived to tell the tale and I will never drive with her again... I can't believe she's still alive. It is pretty amazing that she's only totalled one car!
Old 09-28-2001, 12:37 PM

When i drive around I don't pay attention to the drivers...but the cars.I notice when it's a chick when the t-tops are down or it's a convertible.

hey,elizabeth, don't take it in a sexist way. most idiot driver are the ones that are ones that are 3 inches from the steering wheel. They are not confortable in their large SUV.I watch out for those people, not the sex. and scratching ***** doesn't require looking.

I have noticed more often that women with children on the back of their SUV, have a bad habit of using their damn cell phone. Now it;s against the law.

and more women don't use their turning lights. more women try to get on my lane without looking that I am just a foot beside them!!! damn that pisses me off!!

I have noticed that women stop immediately, and they just slam their brakes, for no damn reason. That makes the person behind crash.

Teenage girls have reunined many sports car because they were giving a BJ to the driver. A friend of mine at the HPD told me.

So any woman that reads this, don't take it personnally. I live in Houston,TX. If you live here... you already know what I mean.
If your a woman driver than that's more knowledge to you about other woman drivers.

A couple of things to think about:
-If we are better drivers, with sports cars, why do we get into accidents.

-Just because You are the best driver in the world, or think that you are, not everybody out there is.
Old 09-28-2001, 02:22 PM

Well, its been 3 days now since the lady hit me with the white mini van. I am still waiting on her insurance company to call me. Just looking at my car still upsets because I spend allot of time cleaning and polishing every little spot on my car. I am not surprised that women have caused so many accidents. I can't say all women drive bad but allot of them don't pay attention. All admit my Mom even sucks at driving. I Am hopping that this lady who hit me just says she was at fault so I can get my baby fixed soon.

P. S You guys have some good stories

------------------
1989 GTA Trans Am
350 5.7
-----------------
Hypertech Stage 2Chip
Low Temp Thermostat
Old 09-28-2001, 03:01 PM

I wasn't hit by a car although multiple close calls with soccer mom's driving their big @$$ SUV's. I was actually hit by a bicyclist, he hit the rear wheel well of my 88 (back when i had an 88) I see a guy go flying across my rearview mirror, and do a facedive on the concrete behind me. The @$$ dented the rear quarterpanel. The weird thing was, he picked up his bike and ran off...that's right, a hit and run by a bicyclist...well my friends then advised me to file a police report and it's a good thing I did cause the ******* tried to press charges against me later that week...
Old 09-28-2001, 03:29 PM

im tired of all this sexist, racist BULL$HIT.........they are excuses now......oh its not my fault hes just sexist.......give me a break.....if we call you a moron....your a moron, wether you black white red yellow or purple......african americans, italian americans...there is no TYPE of american.....we are a land of immigrants...thats how this country was born...we're all americans.....your no more special because of your color than others are...
your in a car.....its 2(or more) tons of steel traveling at 50mph....its NOT an office....it's NOT a makeup mirror.....it's NOT a daycare.......DRIVE thats the ONLY thing that should be on your mind.......not your g/f or b/f, not your makeup.....people are getting stupider and lazier by the minute.....[end rant]
i'd like to insert a quote from my favorite comedians.....Gallager(sp?)

"I'd like to have a **** on the tv that can adjust the smartness of people.....there's one called brightness...but it doesnt work"

------------------
1991 RS LO3

some of my favorite quotes:

I do not blame stupid people for being stupid, what i do blame them for is for not asking smart people for advice. When ever my mom asks for help, i tell her, i'm the one who knows what he's doing, not you, don't question me, just do what i tell you to. if stupid people would just realize they were stupid, and consult a smart person for advice, before they went and did something stupid and got pregnant/got someone pregant, this ****hole of a world would be a lot better. - adam corola

Honda makes great performance cars - any scarcastic comedian
Old 09-28-2001, 04:20 PM
Supreme Member

Man I love Gallager... I agree, it's almost always the fault of both parties... some girls that are too worried about thier looks will do thier makeup in the mirror, but on the flipside, I get that stuck up ******* stockbroker who is trying to make that morning commute in as little time as he possibly can driving right on my *** all the time... I ask you, why didn't he just leave sooner or get a job in the same state?

There is no excuse for bad driving, so just expect everybody to be a moron and you will live to see the next day.

Excuse me, I have a bone to pick with that damned Mercedes convertable 4 banger...

------------------
1984 Firebird - Daily driver, 305 LG4, T5 - Hurst short shifter, Edelbrock 600 CFM Performer Carb + Intake - Edelbrock Pro-Flow air filter, gutted cat, IROC 16x8 Wheels, AIWA bargain basement (from Sears of course) CD player, Eight-ball shift ****
Check out my ride here - My $1300 Toy

"IT'S SNOWING! TO THE HIGH SCHOOL PARKING LOT!" - The Mustang and Firebird face off in the dead of winter.

Quick Reply: I HATE WOMEN DRIVERS