Body General body information and techniques for restoration, repairs, and modifications.

Converting thirdgen Camaro into Firebird, possible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Converting thirdgen Camaro into Firebird, possible?

I know it sounds odd, but is it? Would the bumper, fender, body panels and even the popup headlights from a thirdgen Firebird bolt right into the chassis of a thirdgen Camaro?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car: 1992 Camaro (Z28 Clone)
Engine: LB9|TPI
Transmission: 700R4
Axle/Gears: 2.73
Re: Converting thirdgen Camaro into Firebird, possible?

Old 05-12-2013, 05:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Car: 1984 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
Engine: V8 5.0L HO (L69)
Transmission: B&W T5
Axle/Gears: 3.73 limited slip

To answer your question, yes it would...I've seen it done in the two ways.

Now I agree with Lmancha96.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Supreme Member

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts
Car: '91 GTA, '92 T/A Convertible
Engine: GTA: 350 w/Vortec heads, T/A: 305
Transmission: Pro-built 700R4
Axle/Gears: GTA: 3.27, T/A: 2.73

Why spend all that time and effort building a car that has already been built...and by better engineers than yourself?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:11 PM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 5.7
Transmission: 700r4
Axle/Gears: unkown

Originally Posted by Lmancha96
WIN!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 PM

Recently, all of the threads with simple questions are always filled with bullshit spam like, "why?", "buy another car", "don't waste time". These are just people that rather than helping someone out they just want their post count to rise and to seem badass while at it. Do whatever you want, its your car, make it unique, this is what makes the world interesting, going against the grain.

That being said.. Yeah its possible. here are some things that you will need to look into. front and read bumpers, side skirts, quarter panels (the offset is more noticeable, flares and rear lighting), fenders, rear and front lighting and the Hood, And optional rims. if you have a junkyard nearby it will be a lot easier.

Yes I'm crazy too, I'm gonna start converting a fourth gen into a first gen.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by psychedelic_leg

Old 05-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-Z Camaro
Engine: TBI,5.0
Transmission: Automatic 700R4
Axle/Gears: Eaton Posi,3.42,LPW Ultimate Cover

Originally Posted by c0wcommander
I know it sounds odd, but is it? Would the bumper, fender, body panels and even the popup headlights from a thirdgen Firebird bolt right into the chassis of a thirdgen Camaro?
Are you just curious or are you thinking about doing it ?
If your planning on doing it do you mind telling me how ?
Are you going to buy a shell of the Fire Bird and transfer parts over to the Camaro or are you going to "pick and pull" to find parts ? Does it mater if the parts are the same color ? I'm not asking these questions to be a jerk like psychedelic_leg said. I am truly interested in your plans.

Id love to see/here the plans for this.
"Yes I'm crazy too, I'm gonna start converting a fourth gen into a first gen."

Also if you go to "USER CP" then go to "EDIT YOUR DETAILS" and fill out the last 4 questions that would be nice.It fills in the information under your aviator/user name.

Last edited by Ron U.S.M.C.; 05-13-2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:38 AM

Car: 88 iroc-z
Engine: 350 tpi

why would you do that? if you really want a firebird, insted of spending the money to convert it sell the maro and buy a bird. just my opinion though
Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 PM

Car: 89 Firebird
Engine: 5.7
Axle/Gears: unkown

Originally Posted by IROC-Z123
why would you do that? if you really want a firebird, insted of spending the money to convert it sell the maro and buy a bird. just my opinion though
cause then, when he gets pulled over for speeding he can legit argue with the police that this IS, indeed and Camaro and not a firebird, the plates ARE NOT stolen!
plus he can have fun making everyone feel stupid by telling them he cas a Camaro and showing up with what appears to be a bird =)

Last edited by NotsosleepyZ; 05-15-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: ffs for the win
Old 05-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

Makes sense to me.....could be cheaper to build in the end. Plus you would get all the perks of having a newer car like all the electronics and such and if the car has the LS1 then you get the benefits of a fuel efficient yet rather powerful drivetrain with a huge aftermarket world of parts to make faster, then it would also still be able to hold a dd status over the nice months.

So yeah I don't see why not, might also end up being lighter overall and would make a good track car if built right.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 PM

Car: 1992 Camaro RS
Engine: L03 5.0L
Transmission: 700R4 Auto

Originally Posted by psychedelic_leg
Recently, all of the threads with simple questions are always filled with bullshit spam like, "why?", "buy another car", "don't waste time". These are just people that rather than helping someone out they just want their post count to rise and to seem badass while at it. Do whatever you want, its your car, make it unique, this is what makes the world interesting, going against the grain.

That being said.. Yeah its possible. here are some things that you will need to look into. front and read bumpers, side skirts, quarter panels (the offset is more noticeable, flares and rear lighting), fenders, rear and front lighting and the Hood, And optional rims. if you have a junkyard nearby it will be a lot easier.

We are asking him to not make this decision because there is no rational reason to do so. If he asked what would be the best way to hang himself, would you give him instructions on where to buy the rope, how long it should be, and how to tie a strong and lethal knot? It's his life, he can do what he wants with it, right? It's what makes the world interesting, going against the grain.

As for the OP, I honestly want to know why you would want to do this instead of buying a Firebird. Third generation F-Bodies have already been heavily abused as a whole, and nice ones are hard to come by.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:01 PM

Car: v8 s10 and a stock 1989 firebird
Engine: s10 is 355 firebird is 305
Transmission: 700r4 full man valve body in s10
Axle/Gears: 3.55 in s10 2.73 in firebird

what happened to this site? he asked a question help him or shut up. with the price of a bird where i live at 2500 and up for an ok car and the price of a camaro at 1000..... you do the math. i thought about this with my 1991 camaro but never did it. finally bought a bird for 700 because the owner had no idea what was wrong (vats) it sat for 5 years and i had to replace lots of parts fuel pump and sender tires lots of int. really it would have been cheaper to put a junkyard bird nose on the maro. thats really the biggest upside to the bird anyway (the nose) is it not? i like the rear better on the bird too but the camaro rear is not unlivable like its face. just my .02 im interested to see what you come up with i might do one myself or put the ugly camaro nose on my firebird..... atleast my headlights wouldnt fall down driving down the road lmao
Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by rebelson101
what happened to this site? he asked a question help him or shut up. with the price of a bird where i live at 2500 and up for an ok car and the price of a camaro at 1000..... you do the math. i thought about this with my 1991 camaro but never did it. finally bought a bird for 700 because the owner had no idea what was wrong (vats) it sat for 5 years and i had to replace lots of parts fuel pump and sender tires lots of int. really it would have been cheaper to put a junkyard bird nose on the maro. thats really the biggest upside to the bird anyway (the nose) is it not? i like the rear better on the bird too but the camaro rear is not unlivable like its face. just my .02 im interested to see what you come up with i might do one myself or put the ugly camaro nose on my firebird..... atleast my headlights wouldnt fall down driving down the road lmao
I understand what you mean about the price difference, but here in Atlanta, $1000 for a Camaro means it's a roller and/or wrecked. IROC's with bad paint, leaky T-Tops, and questionable mechanical condition go for 2-3K. Prices depend on where you live.

Your situation was different from what I am suggesting. A Firebird in the same condition as his Camaro could probably get him pretty close to breaking even, and maybe even a profit. It would actually cost less to do that than to replace the entire exterior with Firebird parts, not to mention the hassle of doing so and potential legal issues.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:33 PM

if thats the case then it is what it is but i have just read alot of bs on this site over the past 2 hours. it used to be a friendly help thy friend type deal. thats all im sayin. maybe the car is sentimental or something i dont know. im just sayin instead of givin him crap maybe ask a question or 2 or make a suggestion instead of shooting the idea down so fast.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 PM

if thats the case then it is what it is but i have just read alot of bs on this site over the past 2 hours. it used to be a friendly help thy friend type deal. thats all im sayin. maybe the car is sentimental or something i dont know. im just sayin instead of givin him crap maybe ask a question or 2 or make a suggestion instead of shooting the idea down so fast.
I hear you, and I did offer an alternative suggestion. I do my best to help other members, and this time around I figured it would be best for him and the car to convince him not to put Firebird body panels on his Camaro.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=IW-33;5562}...... If he asked what would be the best way to hang himself, would you give him instructions on where to buy the rope, how long it should be, and how to tie a strong and lethal knot? It's his life, he can do what he wants with it, right?

lmao sadly enough yes this is exactly how i feel. if thats what you want go for it. i dont think its a good idea but if your gonna do it get a good rope cuz you will feel like a dumas if you fail at everything and then fail at suicide too. im not here to talk anyone off a ledge just to help and be helped with whatever crazy idea thats been dreamed up at that time. i wanted to build a tracker with 16 inches of lift and 5.13 gears welded front and rear and drive it on the street everyone said no you cant do that do a full size bla bla i dont know how to post pics but if i could well lets just say its a head turner lol i dont want to make anyone mad or anything this is all just my .02 now back to the tech... i might be wrong but the biggest problems u might see is drilling some spot welds and some wiring for lights and motors. i personally dont see (i have never done this so dont quote me) it having that many problems in the swap. everyone knows they are the same car with the same engine and just enough differences to sell under diff names for more money. i would even be willing to (guess) that the uni chassis would be exzactly the same and all parts in question might actually just bolt on. i dont remember but i think the headlights might be bolted to the nose cone of the firebird. not 100 sure so anyone that can confirm or dismiss that thought please chime in
Old 05-15-2013, 11:41 PM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA

People are free to do whatever they want, but this thread is a good example as to why third gen owners get such a bad rep and get made fun of.

Carry on...
Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by carlos64030
People are free to do whatever they want, but this thread is a good example as to why third gen owners get such a bad rep and get made fun of.

Carry on...
^This.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM

Car: Pontiac 89 GTA
Engine: 350 TPI 5.7L V8

I've alway love the back of the camaros but love the front of the Trans Am so mi sugestion is change the front leave the back part along.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by LHernandezJr; 07-18-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:06 PM

Car: 1987 Camaro Z28, 1989 TTA #922
Engine: lb9, 3.8L turbo
Transmission: 700r4, 2004R

Originally Posted by motobooks
Here are a few more (sacrilegious) ideas...

And tell me.... what's wrong with this picture

Wow lol nothing else
Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1973 Datsun 240Z/ 1985 S-15 Jimmy
Engine: Turbo LX9/To be decided
Transmission: 5-speed/T-5
Axle/Gears: R200 3.90/7.5" 3.73

I would sell the Camaro and buy a 'Bird, if I wanted a car that looked like 'Bird.

The reason being you will be further ahead, money and time wise.

A proper conversion is very, very involved, that includes cutting and welding of the quarter and tail panels, and if I'm not mistaken the rad support needs to be modified. There are a bunch of little brackets and supports that are behind the body panels that are needed, along with modifications to the electrical system.

I used to think the same way that it would be fun or neat to convert one thing to something else (that already exists), but I have learned the hard way, that you will be miles and smiles ahead to just buy that thing that already exists.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:46 AM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Car: 84 Trans Am, 84 Fiero, 86 944
Engine: 5.0, 2.5, 2.5
Transmission: 5spd

i asked this question before, i was gonna have a cambird, or was it a firemaro, i dont remember, then i was gonna paint it with glo in the dark paint and have the KOOLEST karr around, of course i'd like to think i grew up a little in my time on this site, and i love my camaro for my camaro, i loved my firebird for being a firebird, and i sold it to buy my camaro rather then swapping the front clip and building an asinine frankencar, but you can do whatever you wanna do, its your car, and your money, i would say its a free country but who knows how much longer that'll last
Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 AM

Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA Convertible
Engine: 5.7L 350 TPI

While I highly suggest & agree with the above, I have pondered that question too. While taking my kids to school a few months ago I parked my TA next to a 3rd gen Camaro. Upon returning to my car I began looking at the similarities & differences between the two designs. The whole front end (fenders, bumper, headlights, & hood) seem like they would be easy to switch over, & you can even mount a Firebird/TA spoiler. The only issue is you will still have a Camaro back end; that is unless you are good at, or know someone who is good at, welding. The Camaro tail lights have a slight wrap around, where-as the Firebirds are straight. However it would be rather odd to see a 3rd gen that looks like a Camaro from the rear, & a Firebird from the front. Also, if you want a full Firebird change over, you need to replace the dash since the Camaros & Firebirds differed there also.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 AM

Car: 1989 Trans Am GTA Convertible
Engine: 5.7L 350 TPI

Ok...interesting....I think? As far as the first 2 pics, I believe they were trying to turn a 3rd gen into something that looks like a 1st gen/retro-styling to some degree....at least I hope that's what they were going for. The last one....well, yes it's a Corvette rear end with the Mustang pony, but maybe they were going for that Mustang Mach-III concept car look. Without seeing the front end I can't say for sure. Ok, I was going to put a pic of the Mach-III concept here, but all I had ever seen was the front end of the car, and upon doing an image search I finally saw the back end...nothing like a Vette rear end. I retract my statement about the last pic above, and insert this one, "That is just plain stupid."
Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 PM

I like how the OP never posted again after starting this thread...
Old 05-21-2013, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by IW-33
Old 05-21-2013, 12:42 PM

If someone asked me the best way to kill my sister, I could sure as hell give them some great advice. Ways to bait her, her daily routines, her personality, how difficult it might be to overpower her, etc. I would be THE source for my sister killing information. But guess what? I wouldn't give it to them. I would beat them senseless immediately and haul them to the police station. Same situation here, so all this "be nice" dandy bull crap can get shoved.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:57 PM

He has an extra "1" on his license plate.

Originally Posted by g92optioned
If someone asked me the best way to kill my sister, I could sure as hell give them some great advice. Ways to bait her, her daily routines, her personality, how difficult it might be to overpower her, etc. I would be THE source for my sister killing information. But guess what? I wouldn't give it to them. I would beat them senseless immediately and haul them to the police station. Same situation here, so all this "be nice" dandy bull crap can get shoved.

Last edited by DethVenture; 05-21-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM

Last edited by DethVenture; 05-21-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Delete this double post please?
Old 05-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Supreme Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Car: 88 Sport Coupe Camaro
Engine: V6 2.8
Transmission: Borg-Warner T-5
Axle/Gears: RPO/GU6: 3.42

Forty grand buys you a 2014 Trans Am this fall.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by LHernandezJr; 07-18-2014 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Supreme Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Car: 1989 Iroc-Z Camaro
Engine: TBI,5.0
Transmission: Automatic 700R4
Axle/Gears: Eaton Posi,3.42,LPW Ultimate Cover

I honestly think he was just curious and really had no serious plans to do it.
Apparently we will never know.

The answer to the OPs question is "NO" because of some fabrication that needs to be done with some of the parts.
Doing a transformation like the ones mentioned definitely is being unique and for some one that wants to do it, it is definitely going against the grain. Why do what almost every one I know is doing ?They pick "one" car and transform that into a bad a-- ride. They fix what needs to be fixed or replaced (some in order to save a wreak) and work on sensible modifications to achieve a certain goal they have set for their self concerning there car.

Last edited by Ron U.S.M.C.; 05-22-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:16 PM

Car: 87 GTA Trans Am
Engine: 305 TPI
Axle/Gears: 10 bolt posi 3.23

Originally Posted by W.E.G.
Forty grand buys you a 2014 Trans Am this fall.
Explain please? Those cars at trans am depot are not that cheap at all.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:52 PM

Car: 1991 Z28 1LE
Engine: 370CID GenIII
Transmission: 4l60e
Axle/Gears: 4.33 Moser 9inch

I have to agree entirely. We are the source for the info on thirdgens, and we need to be less helpful to the idiotic ideas. Everytime someone even attempts something like this it at least takes 1 more third gen off the road at best. At worst it puts some hellish creation in its place to further garner insults to the entire third gen world... The more we "just answer" the questions the more we allow are cars to become devalued...
Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Supreme Member

Car: 1987 IROC-Z and 1988 Iroc-Z
Engine: 5.7 350 V8 and 5.0 305 V8
Transmission: 700R4 Automatic Transmission
Axle/Gears: 3.27 Posi

Originally Posted by 89-GTA Ragtop
Ok...interesting....I think? As far as the first 2 pics, I believe they were trying to turn a 3rd gen into something that looks like a 1st gen/retro-styling to some degree....at least I hope that's what they were going for. The last one....well, yes it's a Corvette rear end with the Mustang pony, but maybe they were going for that Mustang Mach-III concept car look. Without seeing the front end I can't say for sure. Ok, I was going to put a pic of the Mach-III concept here, but all I had ever seen was the front end of the car, and upon doing an image search I finally saw the back end...nothing like a Vette rear end. I retract my statement about the last pic above, and insert this one, "That is just plain stupid."
The first two pics the guy was trying to make it look like a 05-09 Mustang (well I would assume that's what he was going for since that's where the headlights came from) and the last picture is just a 94-04 Mustang with a Corvette rear on the back of it.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:55 AM

kill it... kill it with fire
Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM

Car: 91 Firebird V6/83 Trans Am 5.0
Engine: undecided
Transmission: stock
Axle/Gears: Stock

Can't say I blame him considering how many idiot replies it generated.

It's your car dude, do what you want. Anything is possible but don't expect it all to bolt right up.

While you're at it you should put a 800WHP Ecotec in there too.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 PM

Car: 87 IROC Z, 2010 2LT
Engine: 305 TPI, 3.6 V6
Transmission: 5-Spd, 6-Spd
Axle/Gears: G92 3.45

Originally Posted by '87IROCZOWNER69
The first two pics the guy was trying to make it look like a 05-09 Mustang (well I would assume that's what he was going for since that's where the headlights came from) and the last picture is just a 94-04 Mustang with a Corvette rear on the back of it.
I remember seeing pics of that pile years ago. It's actually a late-70's Nova front end. It's also a good example of why you don't smoke crack.

I've seen a fair share of camaros with firebird front end (or was it firebird with camaro front end... ) How much work it is, dunno.

You want some sacrilege:

Old 05-22-2013, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by GPSkinzhut
I remember seeing pics of that pile years ago. It's actually a late-70's Nova front end. It's also a good example of why you don't smoke crack.

I've seen a fair share of camaros with firebird front end (or was it firebird with camaro front end... ) How much work it is, dunno.

You want some sacrilege:

Is that a 240SX with a '79 Trans Am front end? Lord no.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Car: 1989 Formula Firebird
Engine: Swapped 350 TPI speed density
Axle/Gears: 2.73 (soon to be 3.42)

Not that I'm advocating for or against either way, but based on the radiator support, I'd think that the conversion TO a 'maro would be easier because the 'bird hood is lower. But I'm going from memory of my old 'maro and current 'bird.

Also, I think the shape of the rear quarters are different over the tires. Not much, but enough to give the 'bird the hour-glass shape.

And as for the OP not posting anything more...can you blame him?
Old 05-22-2013, 06:07 PM

i didnt say be nice i said tell him what he wanted to know. lmao yep this site has really got out of hand. how would you feel if you had an idea and posted a question and everyone just shot it down and said you were stupid? and dont say you dont say or do stupid things. (read above) people like you are the reason that thirdgen camaros and firebirds get a bad rep. and yea if i was the guy that started this thread i wouldnt have posted again either i would have found another site to ask questions on. you know everyone cant be a grade a thinker like yourself. anyway if the original poster is still fallowing this i should say one other member pointed out something i didnt make very clear what i said might bolt on would only be the front clip and nose cone. the rear would most deff. be a huge undertaking and in my opinion way way more work than its worth but if its the fbird face you want it might not be that bad. just do lots and lots of checking and looking ect before you jump on it.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:19 PM

i didnt say be nice i said tell him what he wanted to know. lmao yep this site has really got out of hand. how would you feel if you had an idea and posted a question and everyone just shot it down and said you were stupid? and dont say you dont say or do stupid things. (read above) people like you are the reason that thirdgen camaros and firebirds get a bad rep. and yea if i was the guy that started this thread i wouldnt have posted again either i would have found another site to ask questions on. you know everyone cant be a grade a thinker like yourself. anyway if the original poster is still fallowing this i should say one other member pointed out something i didnt make very clear what i said might bolt on would only be the front clip and nose cone. the rear would most deff. be a huge undertaking and in my opinion way way more work than its worth but if its the fbird face you want it might not be that bad. just do lots and lots of checking and looking ect before you jump on it.
Riiiiiggghhttt. NOT giving some idiot advice for his white trash, grotesque experiment is why thirdgens get a bad rep. Spot on you ignorant cur. All that would come of this moron's attempt at a conversion is the death of one and most likely two thirdgens. First and second generation Camaro and Firebird owners would never DREAM of doing something like this to their cars because they understand the value and significance of their vehicles. We need to get to that point.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:49 PM

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Car: 1991 Trans Am GTA

Old 05-24-2013, 09:57 PM

Car: 1989 firebird, 2004 impala

my 89 firebird has a Camaro front clip on it, the guy I bought it from did it.
i prefer the Camaro face to the firebird face, and firebird tail to Camaro tail, so i'm ok with it.
he said he had to alter the radiator support, and it wasn't much work other than bolting it up.
i think to modify from Camaro to firebird rear end would be too much work, unless you have plenty of funds and a real strong desire/ skills to do it.
unless you have a certain attachment to this specific car, i think it's more cost effective to sell Camaro and buy firebird.
but i'm all for seeing pictures of the process if you do or get the conversion done.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 PM

Is that a 240SX with a '79 Trans Am front end? Lord no.
Sure looks like a 240sx. That's my guess too.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Supreme Member

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Car: 1989 Camaro RS
Engine: LH6
Transmission: T56
Axle/Gears: 3.42 Auburn Posi

Originally Posted by Kingsobieski
Sure looks like a 240sx. That's my guess too.
Yes, that is a S13 240SX with a 79 T/A nose.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by bowtietilidie
my 89 firebird has a Camaro front clip on it, the guy I bought it from did it.
i prefer the Camaro face to the firebird face, and firebird tail to Camaro tail, so i'm ok with it.
he said he had to alter the radiator support, and it wasn't much work other than bolting it up.
i think to modify from Camaro to firebird rear end would be too much work, unless you have plenty of funds and a real strong desire/ skills to do it.
unless you have a certain attachment to this specific car, i think it's more cost effective to sell Camaro and buy firebird.
but i'm all for seeing pictures of the process if you do or get the conversion done.
Please post some pics, I would like to see that.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:11 PM

Car: 1989 firebird, 2004 impala

Please post some pics, I would like to see that.
Name:  cambird2_zps534d4df1.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  121.2 KB

Name:  cambird3_zpsfdd4e1de.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  121.4 KB

Name:  cambird_zps01fff880.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  131.6 KB

Quick Reply: Converting thirdgen Camaro into Firebird, possible?